• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #31: as long as we are in the path of justice, dont be afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niggas hyping up GoW having a new game +

And I'm like "why wasn't it in the game to begin with"

Niggas need to stop being happy and excited for basic features and shit
I feel like the only reason it didn't have New game + at the start is because the game is so damn long, that by the time you finish it and if you saw that pop up everybody would have just gone
"Nay, I'm good :wow"

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Where? I never heard this statement anywhere, not like Mr. Buu is a thing to compare Ultimate Gohan to since he styled on Super Buu who was already a mixture of the Evil Buu that soundly beat Fat Buu.

Considering he says nothing else on why and how and we see nothing indicate as such, and said statement sounds more like he was just offhandedly saying "Goku is Number 1!" to hype up Goku for fans, I doubt the statement means anything on it's own.

He beat the shit out of Super Buu easily and only started to lose against Buutanks.

Your own statement says he tried to make Gohan the MC which considering how much hype was going into his training and eventual transformation into Ultimate Gohan makes sense which is why him saying he is not "MC material" sounds like him making up an excuse to cater to fan demand. Even if not it is a stupid ass decision since Goku at that point did not fit as a MC anyway as he had grown up to the point he had no real arc anymore and fit more as a mentor like he did in the Cell Saga and just having him take the spotlight was plain boring and did not fit with his goals in that arc trying to train the next generation to take his place.
I already posted the quotes from the manga

Base Goku can take Buu head on. If you stack SSJ3 then he’s going to be top dog

He’s pretty GT-lite by the end of Z. His insane strength in GT didn’t come out of nowhere, it’s just an extension of what we already know about his strength EoZ. No one besides Vegetto can beat a SSJ3 EoZ Goku

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Sure, if you ignore the statement about Goku being the strongest pure fighter in the universe by EoZ…..

Why is this so hard to understand? It’s not like it applies to Buu saga

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I already posted the quotes from the manga

Base Goku can take Buu head on. If you stack SSJ3 then he’s going to be top dog
Your quote just said someone(Uub) might win, not for sure, and once again, that only implies of the fighters who joined the tournament, Gohan was not in there.
He’s pretty GT-lite by the end of Z. His insane strength in GT didn’t come out of nowhere, it’s just an extension of what we already know about his strength EoZ. No one besides Vegetto can beat a SSJ3 EoZ Goku
You are literally making up head canon. GT is only Toei canon and nothing of what you said implies ss3 Goku is stronger than Ultimate Gohan in the manga.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Sure, if you ignore the statement about Goku being the strongest pure fighter in the universe by EoZ…..
A statment that sounds more like catering to fans and lacks anything else about it. You should know statements like that are sketchy, or are you going to pretend the writers of the MCU should be taken at face value?
But it gives us nothing to take it at face value when nothing in the final arc of the manga said anything about Goku being stronger than Gohan.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Your quote just said someone(Uub) might win, not for sure, and once again, that only implies of the fighters who joined the tournament, Gohan was not in there.
Dude, if base Goku can take Buu then what happens if you stack SSJ3 onto him?

Ultimate Gohan is not that powerful

You are literally making up head canon. GT is only Toei canon and nothing of what you said implies ss3 Goku is stronger than Ultimate Gohan in the manga.
GT Goku is as strong as he is because he can take Buu in base

Which is what we know he can do EoZ

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Dude, if base Goku can take Buu then what happens if you stack SSJ3 onto him?
An inconclusive times stronger that tells us jack shit? DB is one of the biggest examples of inconsistent power ups where sometimes they are small and other times they are huge. It means nothing but speculation how much stronger ss3 Goku is, no more than how much stronger EOS Ultimate Gohan is.
Ultimate Gohan is not that powerful
Beating the shit out of the guy who beat the crap out of a fat Buu that was stronger than Buu Arc SS3 Goku, who himself was weaker than Kid Buu, tells us otherwise.
GT Goku is as strong as he is because he can take Buu in base
GT Goku has nothing to do with anything here, we are talking about the Manga and Goku being possibly stronger than Mr Buu in base does not say much when Ultimate Gohan was easily stronger than Super Buu and we hear nothing on how whather he has stopped training by EOS.
Which is what we know he can do EoZ
Which means nothing to Ultimate Gohan who was already stronger than a far more powerful version of Buu back in the Buu saga.

I mean…

Statements by Toriyama?

Same guy that literally contradicted his own work by implying that Beerus was weaker than Buu in his retcon?

Or do you mean the statement you posted about Goku wanting to fight Uub at 100%, just to test his strength?

One of those statements comes from a provably unreliable author, the other doesn’t imply anything over how strong Goku is.

Xadlin

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Niggas hyping up GoW having a new game +

And I'm like "why wasn't it in the game to begin with"

Niggas need to stop being happy and excited for basic features and shit
Younglings these days don’t know what they lost.
For them it’s a feature.
Unless you write it down and remind people, history will repeat itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back