• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #31: as long as we are in the path of justice, dont be afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Forbidden Memories is such bullshit.
It's legit one of my most hated games I have ever played due to how nonsense it is. It's even worse now that I know the AI literally cheats in cards to beat your ass with.

By comparison, Dark Duel Stories was way too easy and you can basically fuck with the opponent easily and win, even the hardest of bosses.

I think I did play Sacred Cards or Reshef of Destruction but that was a great GBA YGO title.
After a certain point, I had the best deck possible that you could get, without gameshark or using a USB. Was able to comfortably play through the entire game without losing once after that. It's always the first playthrough where you start from scratch that is the most savage in terms of how ridiculous the game gets with you(Like Seto 3rd and so forth having 20 cards in their hand instead of 5, like you). That's what makes it all the more satisfying when, even with the game's bullshit, you come out on top in the end.

There're very few games that have given me a similar rush to going through the final 6 bosses of YGO Forbidden Memories and defeating them for the first time. Being able to outplay all those cheating niggas back-to-back makes for a hell of a "Fuck yeah!" moment.

Currently have an emulated version of the game, as well as the original PS1 game on disk, and am playing through the former, which makes it possible to earn all the ritual monsters you couldn't otherwise earn in the base game, by defeating specific opponents. As well as adding and allowing you to gain other cards you couldn't in the original, like Five-Headed Dragon, which the emulation creator of course gave to Seto 3rd and Nightmare as a three-piece. :mjlol Gotta keep the spirit of the original in-tact, after all.:russ

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Playing Skyrim again.

Skyrim_Special_Edition_4_7_2023_7_46_23_PM.png

Skyrim_Special_Edition_4_10_2023_2_44_27_AM.png

Skyrim_Special_Edition_4_10_2023_2_55_48_AM.png

Skyrim_Special_Edition_4_10_2023_2_55_58_AM.png

Skyrim_Special_Edition_4_10_2023_3_56_56_PM.png

After a certain point, I had the best deck possible that you could get, without gameshark or using a USB. Was able to comfortably play through the entire game without losing once after that. It's always the first playthrough where you start from scratch that is the most savage in terms of how ridiculous the game gets with you(Like Seto 3rd and so forth having 20 cards in their hand instead of 5, like you). That's what makes it all the more satisfying when, even with the game's bullshit, you come out on top in the end.

There're very few games that have given me a similar rush to going through the final 6 bosses of YGO Forbidden Memories and defeating them for the first time. Being able to outplay all those cheating niggas back-to-back makes for a hell of a "Fuck yeah!" moment.

Currently have an emulated version of the game, as well as the original PS1 game on disk, and am playing through the former, which makes it possible to earn all the ritual monsters you couldn't otherwise earn in the base game, by defeating specific opponents. As well as adding and allowing you to gain other cards you couldn't in the original, like Five-Headed Dragon, which the emulation creator of course gave to Seto 3rd and Nightmare as a three-piece. :mjlol Gotta keep the spirit of the original in-tact, after all.:russ

My big problem with the game is basically how you said it:
They stack the deck against you so hard, it's legit bullshit in every capacity.
You need the right Spell Cards, Monsters and Fusion Monsters to even be able to keep up and you can still lose due to Black Hole/Raigeki fucking all of your shit up.
I could barely get past the beginning portion because after you get past the EZ shit, the game just murders you partway through and since me and my brother at that point didn't have a Memory Card...

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
My big problem with the game is basically how you said it:
They stack the deck against you so hard, it's legit bullshit in every capacity.
You need the right Spell Cards, Monsters and Fusion Monsters to even be able to keep up and you can still lose due to Black Hole/Raigeki fucking all of your shit up.
I could barely get past the beginning portion because after you get past the EZ shit, the game just murders you partway through and since me and my brother at that point didn't have a Memory Card...
Not having a memory card would do you in, alright. This definitely isn't the kind of game you can bulldoze through. Not even close. :tupac

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Forbidden Memories was better and harder for me.

Took me a hundred attempts on that damn Meadow Mage to get Meteor B. Dragon and have any chance at all in the late game, especially with the final 6 bosses. No saves between them, because the game was just brutal like that. :mjlol

Sacred Cards for GBA was good too for as long as it lasted

Forbidden Memories is such bullshit.
It's legit one of my most hated games I have ever played due to how nonsense it is. It's even worse now that I know the AI literally cheats in cards to beat your ass with.

By comparison, Dark Duel Stories was way too easy and you can basically fuck with the opponent easily and win, even the hardest of bosses.

I think I did play Sacred Cards or Reshef of Destruction but that was a great GBA YGO title.

Bro. Fucking Reshef of Destruction was some of THE most BULLSHIT YGO ive ever played. Absolute fucking nonsense

This isn't even all that unique. There are plenty of stories, games and otherwise where you end up recruiting a bigot, an evil motherfucker or even a pedophile into your ranks and they never change.

The latter is literally in Drakengard and the Localization only JUST tones him down a bit and he's literally the best character in terms of morals next to Caim, a Baby Eater and the villains.

Because these leeches have no real morals, they just want representatives no matter how bad they make the overall group look.
Look at how they literally go for the most toxic shit imaginable to then go "OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH" when someone is not even confirmed transexual or whatever but it's just said

Bridget? Despite the creator outright saying in the past he made Bridget just for the trap memes and his entire backstory is literally a worst nightmare for them, the creator pandering not even to them but to CHINA? REPRESENTATIVE.

Giselle? A Necrophile Sternritter that is a threat to everyone whose living to the point Lilitto had to drag him out of the Sternritter HQ after the end of the arc just so he won't turn everyone into Zombies on a whim? Kubo stated that Giselle is a male and nothing else(Not even the actual terms like Newhalf), SOMEHOW he's Transgender now despite the easier possibility that Giselle is a crossdresser.

Low Tier God, Keemstar, the list goes on and on and on and it's why they will forever remain a joke. They don't even want representatives, they just want the spotlight, it's why they never want to stop and force people at gunpoint to support them. It's why they also want Astolfo from Fate too because he's just as popular as Bridget(Hell, they want Mordred too), it's just more dopamine hits from them with no real substance at the end of the day.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

What happened to the standards? The same thing that happened to standards in general across the western world. They were taken out back and shot in the head in the name of die-versity and inclusion, at all costs. It just so happens that this trans bullshit seems to be the straw that's finally breaking the camel's back, and making even the normies uncomfortable enough to speak out against it.

And as they fucking should. These people, most of them, are absolutely pathetic. The only ones I have any sort of sympathy for, are those dealing with genuine gender dysphoria and are mainly keeping to themselves. Those people deserve help, as their wish to be the opposite gender ain't coming true in this century with our tech, and all this hormone treatment and surgery only makes them exponentially more unstable mentally and emotionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back