OBD Convo #31: as long as we are in the path of justice, dont be afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'm going to be honest, I don't actually think we're in the last days or end times. I think we're just finally in an age where we can see humanity all at once without any filters, and its ugliness is soul-crushing.

The end will come, but I don't think we'll recognize it. So until it does we have to keep going like we have a thousand years ahead of us, to make the world as good a place as we can. So that when the end comes the King will know that, broken and imperfect as we are, we tried.

Trust in God, all things are in His hands.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'm going to be honest, I don't actually think we're in the last days or end times. I think we're just finally in an age where we can see humanity all at once without any filters, and its ugliness is soul-crushing.

The end will come, but I don't think we'll recognize it. So until it does we have to keep going like we have a thousand years ahead of us, to make the world as good a place as we can. So that when the end comes the King will know that, broken and imperfect as we are, we tried.

I personally feel the "end times" won't be the end of all things, just the end of an era and the beginning of a new one. For all we know a new chapter will emerge, and if we are lucky and strong enough we will get a chance to bare witness to at least the starting years of it.

I think guys are far overdoing it something fierce which is why I just stopped saying shit.
Like no shit we are in degeneracy central but this shit isn't new or somehow at it's worst and considering how many people have reached boiling point already, we are not in fucking Gomorrah or somehow worse than that.
Like goddamn, we only see it as "the worst" because we are living it, that's it.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Resident Evil 9: APOCALYPSE?

Hopefully the title only refers to the game's plot having the THREAT of that happening and it doesn't actually go into a full-on apocalypse. That just isn't Resident Evil (not the games anyway) and would be too depressing.

Wonder who the lead characters will end up being?

Hoping Rose is involved somehow. I want the Winters to remain part of the bigger story.

Though setting up a big multi-game arc about a giant world ending threat that drags in everyone could also be neat

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I think guys are far overdoing it something fierce which is why I just stopped saying shit.
Like no shit we are in degeneracy central but this shit isn't new or somehow at it's worst and considering how many people have reached boiling point already, we are not in fucking Gomorrah or somehow worse than that.
Like goddamn, we only see it as "the worst" because we are living it, that's it.
There have been times in history overall worse than this. There won't be a great flood or anything like that, but at the rate the stupid puppet-masters are going, a culling will occur, and not of the variety that they'd like. Because they seem to forget the numerous points in history where otherwise civilized folk, or perhaps what the elite of the time thought of as 'broken' folk reached 'fuck it' and reminded them there is a line that cannot be crossed, in blood.

I may have a distaste for Russia and an outright repulsion for China, but if this BRICS alternative currency of theirs succeeds and overthrows the dollar, the cathedral is basically done for. Their CBDC control of the people bullshit is something that could've only lasted in a place where no alternative exists. They're losing their grip on power globally, whilst fanning the flames of civil war simultaneously. Far as I see it, things are about to get very bloody, as the only potential way out of this, is for the cathedral to declare war, and win, which they cannot with how badly they gimped their own army.

TLDR, what we are seeing now, is the fall of the american/western empire of so-called 'enlightenment', which has been exporting the failed brand of feminism since well before we were born to the rest of the world. Once it leaves, whether with a whimper or with fireworks(most likely the latter, as no elite will ever accept losing power) the world will begin to heal and enter a new era. As to what that new era will look like? Hard to say. Half a decade ago, the cathedral looked poised for an absolute victory, so long as they didn't fuck anything up, and then they proceeded to fuck everything up. Predicting what exactly will happen after the cathedral's fall is at best a guessing game.

Xadlin

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
tu0adxn29usa1.png

RWBY: Suicide is badass!

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

I don't see it this way. Maybe I'm just hopelessly optimistic but I feel that the only reason these seem like "The end days" or whatever is only because all the terrible shit is being highlighted more and more while drowning out the numerous stories, tales, and other good shit thats going on in the world. Good shit doesn't get as many clicks as reporting about man-made horrors do.

It's why I'm not focusing on politics and outright banned it from this section and it's why on NF I tried posting more articles that weren't just terrible shit.

We need to show more the infinite potential that humanity possesses and highlight it more rather than focus on the degenerate minority that try and drag down everyone's thoughts into bullshit sadness.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

NO ONE EXPECTS THE FLOOD! :mjpls

It goes to show how effective the visual storytelling is in this level that one of them got so unsettled, he just shot the soldier on sight before he could start shooting at Chief, much less start his rambling. Even as someone who knew the twist going into watching a walkthrough of the game, I can't help but applaud how well executed and terrifying this shift in tone is, 'cause you don't expect it. One minute it's an epic space shooter and the next, you're dealing with space zombie parasite fucking things.

I remember the first time I saw the Flood was when my brother was playing Halo 3.
Then the big ship came through the portal and he's all like "Oh Fuck No, not them again!"
I'm just sitting there thinking "What" then the Flood actually turned up and I was like "WHAT THE FUCK?" :pepetrified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back