OBD Convo #31: as long as we are in the path of justice, dont be afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
gt rildo > gt ssj3 > z ssj3

and gohan without turning ultimate was fighting against/surviving attacks from rildo :heston

majuub was wasted potential

got surpassed in the next arc by almost everyone :heston

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
>you guys are able to read into the nuances of certain shows and describe character motivations and shit when people ask what you liked about this or that and write multiple paragraphs about it
>then theres me:
"Oh yeah i really like when dude A absolutely rolled dude b into the ground. really made this series 9/10 for me"

:hestonpls
I always knew you were a no aru fan:mjpls

>you guys are able to read into the nuances of certain shows and describe character motivations and shit when people ask what you liked about this or that and write multiple paragraphs about it
>then theres me:
"Oh yeah i really like when dude A absolutely rolled dude b into the ground. really made this series 9/10 for me"

:hestonpls

You need to read more books, my dude lmfao.
It's really not hard to understand a character's nuance, motivations and shit.
I can actually go into a very deep one about Ichigo Kurosaki and make him seem deeper than people think Kubo never gave him... and actually state that IS what Kubo gave him. :oldryoma

Meanwhile, I can barely remember Naruto anymore to the point I legit forgot that the Uchiha was too retarded to understand that they didn't need to kill each other to get the Sharingan or the Mangekyou Sharingan. I guess I was too focused on them suddenly turning psychotic because "Special Chakra in the Brain makes you go mental" was just too retarded for my taste.:tripscust

glad to know, that people slowly start to also connect the dots

watch the 2 tv series for the og trilogy, then watch the fujio origins tv series, to get it better, for the later 2 vs worst movies, they connected the stories overall rather good

Yeah, it's still gonna take me a bit of time to go through them so that's something to finish off as well.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
You need to read more books, my dude lmfao.
I can actually go into a very deep one about Ichigo Kurosaki and make him seem deeper than people think Kubo never gave him... and actually state that IS what Kubo gave him. :oldryoma

Meanwhile, I can barely remember Naruto anymore to the point I legit forgot that the Uchiha was too retarded to understand that they didn't need to kill each other to get the Sharingan or the Mangekyou Sharingan. I guess I was too focused on them suddenly turning psychotic because "Special Chakra in the Brain makes you go mental" was just too retarded for my taste.:tripscust

Yeah, it's still gonna take me a bit of time to go through them so that's something to finish off as well.

Bro I read books all the time. But like im not able to grasp the finer details of stuff. Character motivations and stuff like that or why I liked something specifically are hard for me to take and turn into words and tell people.

gt rildo > gt ssj3 > z ssj3

and gohan without turning ultimate was fighting against/surviving attacks from rildo :heston

majuub was wasted potential

got surpassed in the next arc by almost everyone :heston

Majuub and Uub himself was the biggest waste of a character Dragonball has done:

>Kid ends up being the reincarnation of Kid Buu
>Enough of a fighter that Goku goes off and trains him for 10 years straight
>Literally amounts to fuck of all
>Even AFTER fusing with Majin Buu and thus should be as strong as Super Buu and then some
>NEVER MATTERS OUTSIDE OF INCONVENIENCING BABY ONCE.
:lolwat

when u have base brat gt goku being > z ssj3 levels

you know, the power creep gets real :mjlol

They really exploded the powerlevels there but never really gave it to anyone else either. Really did become the Goku Tour after Baby.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Bro I read books all the time. But like im not able to grasp the finer details of stuff. Character motivations and stuff like that or why I liked something specifically are hard for me to take and turn into words and tell people.
"this touma guy beats the shit out of villainous goofballs and that's all I need to say he's cool in my book"

:mjpls

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
you aren't Goku or Vegeta, you will only have a spotlight of fame at best and then thrown away when it's done.

It's why people complain now that Super had to literally buff everyone to massive degrees for what should have been no issue if the creator didn't want to make it the Goku and Vegeta show.
Pretty much all the bitching over the lack of consistency is all due to AT giving Goku and Vegeta power ups while everyone else can only get scraps

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
1415958262701_wps_22_ADM_GOGOGALA_BT_048_13_No.jpg

bruhs, what is this :lul :hestonpls

Pretty much all the bitching over the lack of consistency is all due to AT giving Goku and Vegeta power ups while everyone else can only get scraps

It's why I always come in and blame Toriyama for the issues with Dragonball as a whole because it really is his fault.
Characters will come in, get some level of powerup to seem like they will tussle with the bad guys... then will usually get mollywhoped by pure BS and Goku inevitably steps in and wins.
Gohan only got one major victory and back to the sideline he went even after getting his true power unlocked because "I can't see Gohan being the protagonist of Dragonball" DESPITE BOTH JAPANESE AND AMERICAN FANS LOVE GOHAN!
It's just absolute fucking laziness which was always Akira Toriyama in a nutshell but holy fuck did it become worse and worse to the point Super Dragonball Heroes is doing what he should have been doing years ago:

Actually making characters matter
Actually making the Universe matter
Actually expanding on the World Building.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
:mshad

Also finished Mashle manga

Truth in shambles:bookerpls

Mash about to go off on Innocent Zeroclark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back