• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
63863f88628185d7c34e265efd6be4b1.jpg

@Stocking Anarchy :mjpls

Had no fucking idea

It makes sense as James Earl Jones has zero respect for Voice Acting and thinks it's just "Special Effects".
Of course he would give his blessing to doing AI Vader because he doesn't believe it's worth anything compared to acting.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It makes sense as James Earl Jones has zero respect for Voice Acting and thinks it's just "Special Effects".
Of course he would give his blessing to doing AI Vader because he doesn't believe it's worth anything compared to acting.
I knew this before but it is still shitty of him and of Disney since there are plenty of good voice actors who could take over but are now out of work thanks to shitty business being lazy and greedy.

I knew this before but it is still shitty of him and of Disney since there are plenty of good voice actors who could take over but are now out of Disney thanks to shitty business being lazy and greedy.

People think I'm joking but I'm not. There's a DAMN good reason why it's only in America, Voice Actors are not treated as stars compared to everywhere else in the world and James Earl Jones is one of THE leading reasons for it.

People think I'm joking when I say that but no, he legit doesn't see Voice Acting as worth shit and makes damn certain no one even remotely gets successful due to it(He isn't the only one either but he's the biggest one who consistently talks about it).

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
People think I'm joking but I'm not. There's a DAMN good reason why it's only in America, Voice Actors are not treated as stars compared to everywhere else in the world and James Earl Jones is one of THE leading reasons for it.

People think I'm joking when I say that but no, he legit doesn't see Voice Acting as worth shit and makes damn certain no one even remotely gets successful due to it(He isn't the only one either but he's the biggest one who consistently talks about it).
Yeah IWD told us about it on Discord and it really soured my impression of the dude even though I still do like his acting, it sucks he is so disdainful of voice actors.

Yeah IWD told us about it on Discord and it really soured my impression of the dude even though I still do like his acting, it sucks he is so disdainful of voice actors.

Yeah, that's who I got it from too and I actually remember the quote he said a long time ago that actually makes sense with his position too.
It really shows how little he really gives a shit about voicing Vader, he never did, it was actually beneath him the entire time. He probably did it because it was free money and that's it.
You can also see this is why when something wants to get "big", people will hire Hollywood Actors rather than Voice Actors even when the former have no experience in actually Voice Acting(Chris Pratt had to do literally train his ass off to even get his Mario voice right and he did it WHILE he was working on GoTG 3 so it was months he was working on it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back