• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
naburo+nest+generation.jpg

naburo+next+generation.jpg

reminder that naburo is the og nardo :mjpls

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

>Arthur
>terribly written
MANGA.png

That entire list is ass. Even (especially) the Kirito entry is ass.

Dude only wins one of his three real fights in the first arc, the second arc is ass but also mainly themed around how dumb it is for him to be called a hero, he and Sinon are constantly saving each other in the GG arc, and he spends like half the Underworld arc in a coma and has to be constantly protected. Hell the last fight in the series still involves someone else saving him at the last second.

Kirito isn't bad because he's overpowered, Kirito is bad because he inspired the fucking isekai boom :skully

Also his character arc ended in SAO so the writer had no idea what to do with him until Underworld where he gets another arc mostly about getting the shit kicked out of him :maybe

That entire list is ass. Even (especially) the Kirito entry is ass.

Dude only wins one of his three real fights in the first arc, the second arc is ass but also mainly themed around how dumb it is for him to be called a hero, he and Sinon are constantly saving each other in the GG arc, and he spends like half the Underworld arc in a coma and has to be constantly protected. Hell the last fight in the series still involves someone else saving him at the last second.

Kirito isn't bad because he's overpowered, Kirito is bad because he inspired the fucking isekai boom :skully

Also his character arc ended in SAO so the writer had no idea what to do with him until Underworld where he gets another arc mostly about getting the shit kicked out of him :maybe

This. SAO gets ALOT of hate for starting the Isekai boom but to be frank, there is ALOT worse Isekai than fucking SAO and a HELL of alot worse MC's than Kirito.
Kirito's biggest crime is the fact that the Anime skipped over his most defining parts of his character(To the point people pretend SAOA is a massive improvement... when it's literally just adding shit from the Visual Novels like his messed up family life) and the fact he gets lucky at like 3 points in the SAO Arc overall. The 2nd Arc was basically dumb from the start but most people ignore that but the rest of the arcs have Kirito need help to get anywhere or he's literally a vegetable getting his ass kicked while everyone else does work.

In comparison to characters like Ainz and the hundreds of terrible Isekai MCs, Kirito is just legit meh(Outside of Berserk fans who go full retard over Kirito having a similar nickname to Guts... seriously, it's a fucking NICKNAME, it's like going full retard because someone's nickname is The Black Knight, oooh shit, people will forget about Monty Fucking Python!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back