• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Glad to see you back and that your doing good my dude
Good To Be Back Wink GIF by PeacockTV

:yousmart

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Dat classic Star Wars music can make anything more epic. :awesome

Not gonna lie, Survivor earns it.

I am going to be blunt, I feel people have overused the fuck out of that soundtrack to the point it loses it's impact when they are used for every goddamn fight. It makes sense if they used it for when Obi-Wan fought Vader again or something involving Maul since that is his theme but even in the latter it can get overdone since he appears way more often than he did before Clone Wars revived him.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I am going to be blunt, I feel people have overused the fuck out of that soundtrack to the point it loses it's impact when they are used for every goddamn fight. It makes sense if they used it for when Obi-Wan fought Vader again or something involving Maul since that is his theme but even in the latter it can get overdone since he appears way more often than he did before Clone Wars revived him.
I guess it's just one of those things that never gets old for me. Good music will be good music no matter how many times it's used. Also it fits as an intro for this fight since Vader's entrance is similar to Maul's when the theme plays in the movie.

And in fairness he also used the Anakin vs Obi Wan theme (Battle of the Heroes) for the second half of the fight, so it wasn't like he just threw Duel of the Fates in there and called it a day.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I guess it's just one of those things that never gets old for me. Good music will be good music no matter how many times it's used. Also it fits as an intro for this fight since Vader's entrance is similar to Maul's when the theme plays in the movie.

And in fairness he also used the Anakin vs Obi Wan theme (Battle of the Heroes) for the second half of the fight, so it wasn't like he just threw Duel of the Fates in there and called it a day.
I was referring to both of them and I feel both are overused and unfitting for a majority of fights.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I was referring to both of them and I feel both are overused and unfitting for a majority of fights.
Maybe so but in this particular case, I do think they both fit.

And this is basically the only Disney Star Wars material I'd accept classic Star Wars music being put in.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Maybe so but in this particular case, I do think they both fit.

And this is basically the only Disney Star Wars material I'd accept classic Star Wars music being put in.
I think they don't and it would be better to make their own music instead of endlessly recycling the same tracks over and over again, which is one of the reasons the Sequels music was boring.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I think they don't and it would be better to make their own music instead of endlessly recycling the same tracks over and over again, which is one of the reasons the Sequels music was boring.
Um you do realize that's a fan-edit right?
The game DOES use its own soundtrack and features surprisingly little classic Star Wars music.

And what it has is pretty good (especially the track when Cal grieves Cere's death), I was just appreciating the edit and saying the classic tracks can make anything better. :maybe

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Not much happening, just (not)studying for my finals tomorrow
i know right kyle maclachlan GIF

Did the same for some exams in both secondary school, and my bachelors degree in college. Ended up passing everything surprisingly well all the same, though. About the only time I've ever legit wanted to, and enjoyed studying, was when I was making games for college projects, seeing as I'm vying to be a game dev. Currently working on upskilling in Unreal Engine 5 right now(Sick break notwithstanding), and getting the practice I need with C++. :mjlol

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
i know right kyle maclachlan GIF

Did the same for some exams in both secondary school, and my bachelors degree in college. Ended up passing everything surprisingly well all the same, though. About the only time I've ever legit wanted to, and enjoyed studying, was when I was making games for college projects, seeing as I'm vying to be a game dev. Currently working on upskilling in Unreal Engine 5 right now(Sick break notwithstanding), and getting the practice I need with C++. :mjlol
Unfortunately I have to do good on these exams otherwise I'm pretty sure im failing calculus and Spanish.

And I don't wanna spend the summer doing classes.

What's your finals for, anyway, if you don't mind me asking?
Spanish 102, math(calculus) 120, Health 111, CLDV 100, English 126.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I would rather do none of these classes but in cuny it's required that you have to do common core classes, like as if doing it in high school isn't enough.

And you need to do a bunch of math classes to get into computer science because it's also required.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Unfortunately I have to do good on these exams otherwise I'm pretty sure im failing calculus and Spanish.

And I don't wanna spend the summer doing classes.

Spanish 102, math(calculus) 120, Health 111, CLDV 100, English 126.
Are you good at all these, enough to where you're confident you could do fine as you are, or is it a case where you're trying to work through laziness/aversion to doing something you don't like having to do?

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Are you good at all these, enough to where you're confident you could do fine as you are, or is it a case where you're trying to work through laziness/aversion to doing something you don't like having to do?
I'm good at health, English and CLDV. Mainly because for health and CLDV, the exams are online so I can just look the answers...while I'm good at writing essays in general.

Calculus and Spanish is fucking me over. It's a combination of laziness and it being all Greek to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back