• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #34: Outskirts Headcanon Dome is the nu obd

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member

So found this manga isekai

Anyway while all his classmates playing forest survival, the dude playing single player minecraft.

:jordangif

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yo, what the shit, apparently Ed Boon confirmed that Scorpion and Bi-han are brothers in the new timeline.
Uh huh and Kitana and Mileena are actually sisters now, Raiden is the mortal protege while Liu Kang is the God mentor, Kenshi isn't blind etc.

It seems like they're changing a lot of shit, just for the sake of changing it without realizing (or caring) about the fact that you actually need to justify why these things have changed and they're not gonna bother. The only one that's justified is the Raiden/Liu Kang switch as that happened in MK11.

Like this isn't a HARD REBOOT, Liu Kang just reset the timeline, any big changes like that would have to be caused by his direct interference. What exactly did he do to make it so that Kitana and Mileena are actually sisters now and, more importantly, WHY the fuck would he do that? What did he do to cause Scorpion and Sub Zero to be brothers.

Textbook Netherealm not understanding that if you want to change things that drastically, you either need to ACTUALLY reboot the series, or justify why shit is different. It being a different timeline is not reason enough on its own but they (and their fanboys) seem to believe it is.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Uh huh and Kitana and Mileena are actually sisters now, Raiden is the mortal protege while Liu Kang is the God mentor, Kenshi isn't blind etc.

It seems like they're changing a lot of shit, just for the sake of changing it without realizing (or caring) about the fact that you actually need to justify why these things have changed and they're not gonna bother. The only one that's justified is the Raiden/Liu Kang switch as that happened in MK11.

Like this isn't a HARD REBOOT, Liu Kang just reset the timeline, any big changes like that would have to be caused by his direct interference. What exactly did he do to make it so that Kitana and Mileena are actually sisters now and, more importantly, WHY the fuck would he do that? What did he do to cause Scorpion and Sub Zero to be brothers.

Textbook Netherealm not understanding that if you want to change things that drastically, you either need to ACTUALLY reboot the series, or justify why shit is different. It being a different timeline is not reason enough on its own but they (and their fanboys) seem to believe it is.
I like the change with Mileena. That makes sense considering that Liu Kang is all about reconciliation this time around. It could just be blood bond brothers with Scorpion and Bihan. In which case that makes more sense instead of actually being biological brothers. At least that's what I hope he meant.

Kano wearing a wushi disciple outfit is crazy though. Bro, is Kano literally a Shaolin Monk now? :skully

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Bring in the Iron Maiden for a finish, while you're at it, before dumping it into the bottom of the ocean.

Or the bottom of an incinerator.
No, really. We need to go back to the good old days when useless politicians got what they deserve.

Oct.-18-Lunch-Bite-PE-L2018F181-A-new-method-of-macarony-making-large-781x1024.jpg

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
making bi han and hanzo bros now, is even dumber, lmao

also, fire god liu being playable is damage control levels too, what's the point? he painfully holds back, even in game, idk, what lol boon wants to make is, liu somehow becoming an edgier version of raiden, and his new powers have gotten over his head, to the point, he might become the antagonist in the future

this isn't the liu kang we know

mk11 was a somewhat decent ending to that, liu reshapes/restarts a new timeline = a new universe with alt realities and saves everyone

for me, mk12 shouldn't had been a thing, they could have made a new injustice game or a full new fighting game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back