OBD Convo #36: The Orca Scrolls Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Crazy how damn far the West is behind in this series with the main story. This is treated like a new release here when it’s really a book from all the way back in 2011 we’re only now finally getting.

:hestonpls
because no one cared about Toaru back then. psure Yen press only decided to release NT now because of how toaru is somewhat mainstream here again

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
F1k81gKX0Asy_GT

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
because no one cared about Toaru back then. psure Yen press only decided to release NT now because of how toaru is somewhat mainstream here again
Not necessarily. Toaru was bigger back in the late 2000s to early 2010s in the anime community at least thanks to the back to back Index and Railgun anime seasons and even a movie that opened the series up to the West, including me, to look up the novels for the whole story.

This is just the result of Yen Press starting in 2014 with picking up and translating the novels, so we’ll always be behind by at least a decade

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Ended up making Index III which took nearly a decade to happen since Index II all the more worst since compared to first two seasons, any Westerners that were watching it likely read the novels now and could now see how poor an adaptation it was to its source material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back