• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #36: The Orca Scrolls Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
>its the year 2023
>and niggas still think a billion lions can take on one of every pokemon

casca.jpg

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
The whole of Earth couldn't take out ONE of MOST if not all Pokemon, let alone a billion lions taking out one of EVERY Pokemon. :kobeha
This one guy was like
"they could take out most of the basic forms"

My brother in christ, which fucking lion is gonna handle being set on fucking fire by a charmander or Magby?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
This one guy was like

My brother in christ, which fucking lion is gonna handle being set on fucking fire by a charmander or Magby?
Or going to be able to damage a Geodude, a living ball of ROCK, or Gastly a fucking GHOST ball of gas?

Never mind the fact that pretty much all Pokemon can move faster than the eye and are stronger than anything on Earth to an absolutely ludicrous degree.

Pokemon would have a field day with 1 Billion Lions, they'd be like "Oh you mean I don't have to worry about being attacked by other creatures as strong or stronger than me, I just have to beat these chumps? Okay, cool!", it'd be like a vacation for them. :heston

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
What are the lions gonna do when a random Machamp decides to drop a fucking mountain on them bro :mjlol
the funniest thing was the guy going
"Well lion bites would be dark typing"
"Earthquake isnt that powerful because it doesnt hurt your player, your allies or the entire field"

shits fucking wild
:hestonpls

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
This one guy was like

Maybe they think Magicarp.

:char Well if they can show a lion surviving getting splat by a 10 ton maybe.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Let's just ignore that Dark Type attacks were special originally and ergo those bites weren't just normal bites. :maybe
"Earthquake isnt that powerful because it doesnt hurt your player, your allies or the entire field"
Show him the Fissure scene from episode 8 of the anime, and remind him that was done by a fucking Sandshrew. :kobeha

LeonLex

Paramount
Ah yes, game mechanics.
Team Rocket walks away from a lot of thing that would turn normal people to paste.
And so do Pokemon.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Lions: "Look guys it's just a cow, we can totally take this one."
Miltank uses Rollout...it's super effective.
Lions: OH GOD RUN!
Lions fail to escape.
:mjpls

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member

shits fucking wild
:hestonpls

Mach 2 pidgeot literally clears all of them out alone :mjlol

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
Ya heard what happened to Tom Holland

tumblr-p74nr2lq-JE1wuax2ro3-400.webp

"If this isn't making sense to you, that's because it doesn't make a lot of sense."

He's referring to the time travel plot and I don't quite agree with that. For a time travel plot, it's fairly straight forward, but I will agree that it comes too late in the game without any kind of real foreshadowing (though I suppose the fact that there even WAS a prophecy could have been itself a hint that shit had happened before). Considering when this game came out, it's still fine.

"Why'd he have to send the Fiends 1600 years in the future, instead of 2000?"

Because Garland needed to make sure that the circumstances which led to his original defeat still happened in order to create the time loop in the first place. The warriors only show up after the Fiends have already fucked a lot of shit up so, if Garland sent them too far into the future, the Warriors wouldn't be around in time to defeat HIM and he wouldn't be able to create the time loop.

FFVIII and FFXIII-2 are both far more convoluted and head-scratching in terms of time-travel related stories in FF. :maybe

I wonder if they have this on the Nintendo eShop cause I'd like to play it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back