• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #36: The Orca Scrolls Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
86609D7EFCC7E4B6F173D9048A9818E4414C5D1F

2327121_elaboratebagel_jetstream-sam.png

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2

rashid at his best, def gonna be one of the high tiers, gameplay wise

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
@shade0180 So I have Gabranth’s, Garnet’s, and Rem’s LD weapons, Gabranth’s and Garnet’s FR weapons. Only need Rem’s FR weapons. Saving up Burst tokens to get Gabranth’s Burst weapon.

Seems to be a decent team with Garnet’s ridiculous damage and her Eternal Darkness skill (which also passively activates every four turns). Rem’s passive skill Siphon Sphere activates after every action she takes, I usually use her Swap Turns skill with Gabranth.
Gabranth's should be good but if you can get cloud

:kannasip Cloud's literal game weakness is he doesn't have an FR with Garnet next to him he basically bulldozes almost everything because Garnet proc every four turns and his ability to kickback opponent four turns back with his LD delay just ends almost every match without the boss actually moving a turn..

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So can anyone explain why they made the Mareyo and Omaeda scene objectively worse than the manga?
That was not a good change.
Apparently not going for cheap shock value/being excessively dark by having Mareyo get stabbed AND making another character better in the process by giving Omaeda a giga-chad moment by taking the attack for his sister, makes the scene "objectively worse" somehow? :whatisthis

Seriously? The things these people complain about is ridiculous, they're almost looking for shit to complain about in the anime version.

Gabranth's should be good but if you can get cloud

:kannasip Cloud's literal game weakness is he doesn't have an FR with Garnet next to him he basically bulldozes almost everything because Garnet proc every four turns and his ability to kickback opponent four turns back with his LD delay just ends almost every match without the boss actually moving a turn..
I have Cloud’s Burst weapon, don’t have his LD weapon. Would have to invest time in Cloud then.

I was never a fan of that scene... not because it was a kid being stabbed alone but more how needless it was because it didn't really do anything for Omaeda past the fact he cares for his family. It also left her fate hanging for the rest of the arc which did even less favors because we already know outside of him coming off as a joke, he is serious about defending the Soul Society and doing his job(Like his Pops before him)

Having it changed to where he stops his sister from being stabbed by throwing himself at BG9 and continuing to shield her in the face of death actually solidifies him a hell of alot better while keeping the tone that BG9 absolutely would kill children without any real obligations.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
His reason is Edgelord bullshit basically.
Despair (lol) is what the quincies are trying to instill in the shinigami.
Which still gets across by having BG9 torture the guy he actually wants the information from and just threatening the sister.

Either way it's building up to Soi Fon saving them so what difference does it really make?
BG9 stabs Mareyo in a way that won't kill her instantly so she can be used in a bargaining chip, and gives Omaeda time to collect himself because he thinks the dude was too angry to listen to reason. The scene is pure dark humor that works even better because BG9 is a machine.
A small child getting tortured while her brother watches helplessely is somehow dark humor? :pepetrified
Meanwhile, manga Omaeda is still a chad for ramming his Zanpakuto right into BG9's face for that bullshit. It's a more raw and desperate scene. and Mareyo gets saved anyway. Omaeda's a good brother and a "giga-chad" no matter what. The difference is that the anime is much more generic about it and killed some tension. :lmao
Killed the tension my ass, the second BG9 threatened Mareyo I was like "oh fuck no, you better not" and while Omaeda does take the attack, it didn't lower the tension until Soi Fon arrived. It was one of the few genuinely tense scenes in this entire arc so far.

Nothing is gained from having Mareyo get hurt, the scene works better without it.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
His reason is Edgelord bullshit basically.

Which still gets across by having BG9 torture the guy he actually wants the information from and just threatening the sister.

Either way it's building up to Soi Fon saving them so what difference does it really make?

A small child getting tortured while her brother watches helplessely is somehow dark humor? :pepetrified

Killed the tension my ass, the second BG9 threatened Mareyo I was like "oh fuck no, you better not" and while Omaeda does take the attack, it didn't lower the tension until Soi Fon arrived. It was one of the few genuinely tense scenes in this entire arc so far.

Nothing is gained from having Mareyo get hurt, the scene works better without it.
Aint nothing about that dark humor. Tell that nigga I said stop using words he doesnt know smh

Aint nothing about that dark humor. Tell that nigga I said stop using words he doesnt know smh

Yeah, Dark Humor would be Bazz-B roasting someone to ashes and then complaining he has their ashes on his coat or something.
There's nothing dark humor about what happens to Mareyo and it doesn't elevate Omaeda either which is obviously why Kubo changed the entire scene as it's obvious he felt it didn't do shit either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back