• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #37: WE ARE MIGHTY WARRIORS

Status
Not open for further replies.
and you got him at 4 ultima nice.

:eksip also add me 710000541 ID use in search on friend tab.
My ID is 835479760

:eksip So I'm at that point where somehow I don't have enough gold in DFFOO.

I never thought I'd ever need to farm gold for this game.
If you want it done pretty quickly I use Tome of Treasure for the three times amount of items and then only use Quistis alone to spam Laser Whip for that quick animation.

So far the game has been amazing, but I have to head out to work now. Ugh.

Back to the grind.
I’ve made a Red Dragonborn Monk, Lae’zel quickly wants to sleep with my character after I rescued the little kid from the Harpies. I declined.

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
187.jpg

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Luffy having more plot armour than Ichigo, Naruto or Goku (bearing GT/Super in mind at least). :kobeha
It's between Goku and Naruto, Luffy and Ichigo aren't even in the conversation by comparison.
naruto has the strongest.

with with how open secret Naruto is you'd think how he survive to 12 years of age considering how neglected he is by everyone in Konoha. And literally anyone below the age of 25 hated his existence be it ninja or civilian.

Like if Naruto was written properly, Pein could probably walked in Konoha at any time after Naruto got out of the orphanage up to when he graduated the academy and he would taken him with him without anyone stopping him.

Jiraiya couldn't even keep a tab on him during this point in time.

So if Naruto just disappears no one would even noticed.
:eksip

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
naruto has the strongest.

:eksip with how open secret Naruto is you'd like think how he survive to 12 years of age considering how neglected he is from Konoha shinobi.
I think we have to assume the Hokage ordered someone to look after him until he was old enough to do so himself/he was put in an orphanage and kicked out the second he was old enough.

I personally voted for Goku (largely influenced by post-Dragonball manga material), but I could easily see Naruto having the most plot armour, though not for how he survived as a kid.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
I think we have to assume the Hokage ordered someone to look after him until he was old enough to do so himself/he was put in an orphanage and kicked out the second he was old enough.
Dude Mizuki was literally inches from stabbing Naruto.

:eksip and that's after he failed the academy 3 times. you'd think they'd guard him harder considering how lackluster he is as a ninja student that he failed thrice.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Dude Mizuki was literally inches from stabbing Naruto.

:eksip
Yeah and he had to trick Naruto into stealing a forbidden scroll and going to a secluded area before he would even risk trying that.

And at THAT point, the only reason Naruto didn't kick his ass immediately is because he was stunned by the revelation that he had the Kyuubi inside him.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Yeah and he had to trick Naruto into stealing a forbidden scroll and going to a secluded area before he would even risk trying that.
His risk is getting the scroll not stabbing Nardo though

Naruto getting to read it is the plot armor that allowed Naruto to thrash Mizuki.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
His risk is getting the scroll not stabbing Nardo though
Mizuki himself disagrees.
0001-028.png

He basically says that manipulating him into stealing the scroll was so that his disappearance (ie murder) wouldn't look suspicious, which basically states outright that just killing him wasn't an option.
Naruto getting to read it is the plot armor that allowed Naruto to thrash Mizuki.
Naruto intercepted and floored the fucker even without the shadow clones.

I have no reason to believe he would have won weather Naruto had read the scroll or not, the Shadow Clones just made it easier and secured Naruto's graduation from the academy.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
View attachment 298

different translation?
Well I was using the official Viz one but he's effectively saying the same thing in both versions.

The fact remains he had to trick Naruto into stealing the scroll and tell everyone it was him to make killing him safe.
It's not something anyone could have just done and gotten away with at any time.
Found this translation, This one has translated Iruka sensei as master iruka.

:pepesip yea there's probably faulty wording in it.
I mean master works in this context given the ninja senseis are teaching them how to fight, so it's not wrong. :maybe

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
wait that the viz translation too?

:eksip lol wut.
Yeah yeah, I know it's Viz and the translation is shit.

I just used it 'cause it was the quickest to find and this particular page says basically the same thing as a more accurate translation anyway as you showed.
Welp @Adamant soul that's the official one being sold?
Yes

The Bleach one isn't much better either, completely changing Rukia's explanation of how Soul Reapers and Hollows CAN be touched by regular people - asserting that Chad shouldn't even be able to touch Shrieker. :kobeha

It just doesn't make much difference in this particular instance. :maybe

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
it kind of does. The first one made it harder for nardo to disappear. Viz translation.

The second one made it slightly easier for nardo to disappear, as long as there's a good reason for it.

:eksip Well my example is just Nardo following Pein out of the village and no one will give a fuck.

so it's kinda support the non viz translation while the Viz makes it like Nardo needs to do something absolutely impossible and everyone needs to give a fuck so he can disappear.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
it kind of does. The first one made it harder for nardo to disappear. Viz translation.

The second one made it slightly easier for nardo to disappear, as long as there's a good reason for it.

:eksip Well my example is just Nardo following Pein out of the village and no one will give a fuck.

so it's kinda support the non viz translation while the Viz makes it like Nardo needs to do something absolutely impossible and everyone needs to give a fuck so he can disappear.
Mizuki had to spread the word that it was NARUTO who did it either way before he could safely kill him, I don't see how either makes it easier or harder without being really pedantic about the specific wording.

The point stands that Naruto surviving up to that point is reasonable because just killing him wasn't an option. And by the time he was in a position where he could get away with killing him, Naruto was strong enough to defeat Mizuki anyway.

So I don't see how there's any plot armour here.
Naruto's extreme plot armour comes later in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back