• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #37: WE ARE MIGHTY WARRIORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Ah this reminds me of the annual LOTR stream we do every year

Can't wait for the next one
I rewatched The Two Towers for the first time since I was a kid last night (I rewatched it a billion times as a kid). Dare I say I loved it even better as an adult than I did as a kid.

There's a reason LOTR is considered the archtypal fantasy story which so many other fantasy stories following in it's footsteps.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
@Crimson Dragoon @Qinglong @Vespa Crabro
F2o99PJXYAAFwNq

transformers movie didnt make that much all things considered
BUT

it caused hasbro to sell twice as many toys as usual therefore we are gonna keep getting sequels :kobeha

Transformers made money despite not making money :bookerpls .
it really is one of the most powerful settings in fiction :mjlol

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

I'm nor super familiar with Trails, but of the other three I'd assume it'd be Yakuza.

KH involves Nomura coming up with new shit and then bending over backwards to fit it into his existing fanfiction. It's a clusterfuck and at this point it's only good because it's a clusterfuck. If it'd actually been planned out it'd be a bunch of pretentious nonsense, but instead it's beautiful nonsensical chaos and we will never escape Mr. Nomura's wild ride.

Xenoblade wasn't originally meant to be a series. Xenoblade 2 only connects to the first game at the end and in a way that basically retcons half of the XB1 endgame. XB3 is an actual sequel to both but is also deliberately written in a way to make that not matter if it's your jumping on point. The connections are there but aren't a central point of the base game.

Yakuza is more or less a single continuous story as I understand it so it'd win out over the other two.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Killer Instinct is getting a big balance update for its 10th anniversary, along with improved match-making and a 4K upgrade for the Xbox Series X/S.

So....yeah. :maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back