• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #38: Let The Good Times Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
How often do you have either?
Haven't had Thai in a few weeks(because my usual place fumbled the last couple of times), I had burgers a few times this month. Last time I tried new toppings from one of my fave places and yeeted it into the bin after a few bites.

I'll probably go for a different burger spot, tho. No real other options for Thai.

This one's about redemption :maybe

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Haven't had Thai in a few weeks(because my usual place fumbled the last couple of times), I had burgers a few times this month. Last time I tried new toppings from one of my fave places and yeeted it into the bin after a few bites.

I'll probably go for a different burger spot, tho. No real other options for Thai.

This one's about redemption :maybe
Either that, or it ends up in the bin again, if you try new toppings again. :heston

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Wait, you actually tried goat cheese and fucking fig jam on a burger? :tripscust

Bruh, my condolences to your taste buds, Jesus Christ.:wow
Brother, shit is somehow one of their most popular burgers and I figured I'll try. I accidentally had blue cheese on Pizza and decided to say fuck it, gave a bite and it was interesting. But the goat cheese fig jam combo was outright repulsive and I cannot even begin to fathom how fucking out of commission your taste buds have to be to eat the entire thing. It is FUCKED UP.

I haven't been this disgustes with food ever since I tried pineapple + lamb bacon for the first time on a pizza. Forced down half a tray before launching it into the bin. I felt violated.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Brother, shit is somehow one of their most popular burgers and I figured I'll try. I accidentally had blue cheese on Pizza and decided to say fuck it, gave a bite and it was interesting. But the goat cheese fig jam combo was outright repulsive and I cannot even begin to fathom how fucking out of commission your taste buds have to be to eat the entire thing. It is FUCKED UP.

I haven't been this disgustes with food ever since I tried pineapple + lamb bacon for the first time on a pizza. Forced down half a tray before launching it into the bin. I felt violated.
Niggas over where you live must definitely lack functioning taste buds in order to like that rancid shit. Eating it is bad enough, but eating enough to make it one of their most popular is another level of nasty.:scust

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Niggas over where you live must definitely lack functioning taste buds in order to like that rancid shit. Eating it is bad enough, but eating enough to make it one of their most popular is another level of nasty.:scust
It's fucking weird because I don't know anyone who likea it among my coworkers/friends, they all either tried it and dislikes it or outright avoided it :skully

Probably the Tel-Avivians inflated it. Fucking Tel-Aviv has everything, including the weirdest fuckers on the planet.

I'm watching MauLer's review of Ant-Man: Quantamania and I honestly just realized something again...

Remember that newly formed trope that TvTropes will never add but we know is true called "The John Walker" effect where the villains end up not just more engaging but more heroic than the heroes?

MauLer actually brings up a damn good point that for all of the hideous CGI and missing the very point of the character, MODOK of all people was able to ultimately go through the heroes' journey from an evil but thin(in terms of layers) villain of Ant-Man 1 to becoming psychotic later on in that film, goes through a breakdown of not knowing who he is and upon getting a(terribly done) pep talk, goes and sacrifices his life to save the Multiverse and countless timelines...

The worst part? The Commentary(which has the Director and Main Writer) states outright that MODOK was never meant to be liked and the heroes explicitly hate him and treat him like a nobody even in death.

Like holy shit, let's not even get into how this makes them look even worse than people bitch about the DCEU Heroes for but it just really proves that Hollywood seriously needs to stop hiring fuckers who have no goddamned credit for making movies(Literally)

Alright, time for me to get into another TvTropes rant:

Screenshot2.png

I love how they put so much into this for Secret Invasion despite the show itself beats you with it every single episode, every single time and then acts like it really is something that can be compared to the modern day(Despite the fact it very much doesn't but I'll get to that in a bit) despite the gigantic mess it makes... but let's go into it:

1. They actually recognize that minorities and migrants can do some fucked up things in Gravik's point, I have to give kudos to TvTropes for one thing... but then I have to take it away for acting as if Nick Fury, as a Black Man who went through Segregation, should be easily sympathetic to the issues the Skrulls are going through... despite the fact that they are fucking ALIENS! Yes, Nick Fury has worked with them for decades(according to the MCU) but no matter how much you try and push it around, what Aliens go through cannot be applicable to what Humans go through due to the sheer difference in scale it is between entirely different species in this vast universe of ours, let alone a goddamned Multiverse.

2. They want to pretend the Skrulls have to "hide themselves in a similar fashion to immigrants and 3rd Worlders" have to do... but again, this is completely ignoring there is an ENORMOUS gulf between people born into or left a culture before they really knew it having to adapt to a culture only their parents know... to fucking aliens that can literally SHAPESHIFT INTO PEOPLE WITH PERFECT CLARITY that are far stronger, faster and harder to kill than a normal human! I'm pretty goddamned sure the common populace would have lost their shit at normal aliens, let alone the Skrulls far more than any Illegal Immigrant or Migrant.

3. "The Skrulls have to hide themselves like Gay and Trans people do" I swear, this is the retarded X-Men parallel most writers(Yes, I'm including Stan Lee into this) and garbage fans don't realize is far infinitely stupider than they think it is...
A Black Guy isn't going to tear people limb from limb with his basic strength. A Transgender isn't able to literally morph into entirely different people at will. The Japanese aren't trying to kill everyone in Nuclear Fucking Hellfire! Why do people believe what the X-Men, the Skrulls or otherwise go through because "They are just like my Trans friends!"? Because it's really not a good comparison at all because I don't remember the Government deciding to allow drones that straight up kill and roundup those of the LGBT+ Community anymore than a Black Man can destroy entire cities in a rage.

4. "B-But the Asgardians are treated better compared to the Skrulls as they look more human!" No, you jackasses, the Asgardians are treated better because fucking THOR represents them! The Asgardians are treated better because they can't fucking SHAPESHIFT and have you go insane with paranoia! The Asgardians are treated better because it's very easy to see them as literal Mortal GODS than the alien Skrulls! Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back