• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #38: Let The Good Times Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
AJ Styles is a genuinely good dude who despite ultimately coming to the WWE, knows he's also too old to really be in a huge spot in the title picture.
It's a damn shame too as he can do alot of work and still has the crowd eating him up whenever he appears and can still work despite the bullshit he puts himself through. Like I can't fault someone for knowing when it's time to lay down and let others win because he doesn't really want or need the Title but damn.

It's just weird to me in a time with Damian Priest being 40 and having the MITB Briefcase, LA Knight may get the Main Event push if he can hang with The Miz and also being 40 and Cody Rhodes is still mega over and poised to beat Roman for the Title and is almost 40... that AJ atleast doesn't try and go for atleast one Major Championship.
I honestly think that, to AJ, none of that shit matters to him, at this point. What's there to really be gained for him, by having another run with the strap, other than outdoing his previous run, which went over a year, I think? Much as he was booked poorly for a portion of it, most wrestlers don't so much as sniff the WWE title, and those that do get it, most of them never held it as long as AJ did. Man basically did it all, already, and became a world champion literally everywhere that mattered. As far as he's concerned, after doing all that, plus becoming a grand-slam champion too, in WWE, for him, I believe he's reached a point where there's no need for that.

As a huge fan of his, I would definitely not be opposed to him being a world champ one more time, and would welcome it, but it's not really necessary. At this point, it'd just be padding for his stellar career, if you really think about it.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
I honestly think that, to AJ, none of that shit matters to him, at this point. What's there to really be gained for him, by having another run with the strap, other than outdoing his previous run, which went over a year, I think? Much as he was booked poorly for a portion of it, most wrestlers don't so much as sniff the WWE title, and those that do get it, most of them never held it as long as AJ did. Man basically did it all, already, and became a world champion literally everywhere that mattered. As far as he's concerned, after doing all that, plus becoming a grand-slam champion too, in WWE, for him, I believe he's reached a point where there's no need for that.

As a huge fan of his, I would definitely not be opposed to him being a world champ one more time, and would welcome it, but it's not really necessary. At this point, it'd just be padding for his stellar career, if you really think about it.
The Goat doesn't need to prove himself any further
maxresdefault.jpg

Aj did alot in the WWE and accomplish alot he gonna goe down as a legend by the end of all this

Yeah, compared to other wrestlers AJ will ultimately be a HoF instantly no matter what.
It's just that you think he would go one more time but to be fair, you could put the same thing on The Miz as well and he's a 2x Grand Slam Champion and you can say the same for him:

What will be gained for doing another major title run?

And... yeah, I can't think of any for AJ or for The Miz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back