• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #38: Let The Good Times Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
No argument here.

True of basically any adaptation from page to screen, some things just don't work as well in motion and have to be cut for pacing reasons.

Though obviously some adaptations are just crap due to changing too much (Percy Jackson films, Resident Evil/most video game movies etc), Beach has never been one of them. The anime has always been the superior version to anyone who wasn't a manga only elitist or sucking Kubo's dick too hard to accept any changes or filler arcs better than most of the manga.

TYBW is just the Beach anime doing what it's always done, being the superior version. :maybe

I assure you people do, particularly Orihime/Ichihime fans, it's just most people don't care enough about Orihime to complain about that.

I can see the argument for the manga ending and why some do like it (assuming the remake went with it, I stopped watching after a few episodes), though I can also see why people wouldn't like the villain getting talk no jutsu'ed to end the series.

It's a damn sight better than random plot arrow (which NEEDS to be foreshadowed in the anime) not existing until it needed to. :scust

But yeah OG Shaman King anime is way better than the remake, shit it even looks better in the places (eg Amidamaru's introduction). :awesome
shaman king had a remake?

:pepesip when?

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
The anime is the best thing to happen to Bleach in the last decade yet people still find the most retarded shit to bitch about.
Are people expecting Kubo to rewrite the whole arc?

Who cares about BG9 anyway?
Sui-Feng's Shiaki is apparently a two tap insta kill, that shit didn't get explained either.
Where's Aizen's Bankai at?

This reminds me of Shaman King and how the anime only stuff was better than the shit that happened in the actual manga.
I could see Kubo letting Aizen bankai for the final fight just to wank him :skully

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Watching Episode 1 it's extremely boring for me like, Instead of being in character most of them are basically extrapolating info.

:eksip I dunno if it's the voice acting or something.
Yeah there's that, the pacing and the fact that EVEN the scenes that got budget don't look as good as the OG anime (again Admidamaru vs Ryu is the example) and the rest looks like shit.

I only watched the first few episodes before I went "fuck this shit, I'll stick with the OG".

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
F4e5BkYWUAAuCXM

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

In fairness to The Last Remnant, the game DOES recommend you get as many enemies into individual fights as you can, which gives a greater chance for and grants more stat buffs. Since the battle rank only cares about the number of FIGHTS you've won, not enemies killed, that's how you're supposed to get the stats to fight enemies at higher battle ranks.

But yeah, it's fair to say the game doesn't explain this very well. :maybe

The best anti-grinding answers IMO are either having experiencing gain be based on relative level (Lost Odyssey), or capping it behind story progression (Final Fantasy XIII).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back