• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #38: Let The Good Times Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.
overall, the dub vs sub ''rivalry'''aint far away, dub has improved a lot but a lot, sometimes sub might won, only cuz few and certain high tier/top tier jp va's but overall

dub versions are rather rad as of now, especially the vgames versions

I pretty much say that alot of Japanese shows has Seiyuu slipping up pretty badly at times and either going through the motions or not knowing how to to overact(For instance, I've seen a disturbing amount of times they cannot do a stoic character or similar without making them emotionless or emotionally dead).

At the same time, you still get plenty of bad dub performances due to bad choices or bad direction.
Kirk Thorton as Yujiro Hanma is a major headscratcher and it still has me puzzled why he was chosen when Troy Baker's Baki is actually really damn good at capturing the character. As others stated, Patrick Seitz, David Lodge or even David Vincent would be far better choices than Thorton. All I take from his performance is why the hell is Kakashi talking with a headcold.

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
I still find it funny to me that for years this trailer was all I knew of Baki until I watched it (it feels recent but it's probably closer to 10 than 5 years)

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Bro is clueless.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
No, he has the "Real" World Championship from Collision... it's as pathetic as it sounds.

Also, the story I had was apparently fake and I should have known better before posting it. The Jack Perry/CM Punk thing still happened and Tony Khan is still a massive cuck.
Huh? Real world title?

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It's literally what I stated.
In AEW Collision(Think of it as the new Rampage), CM Punk created a new top Championship for the B Show that's literally called "The Real World Championship".

I am not kidding you, it is an actual thing you can easily look up.
So they did a brand split?

If she's 5'11" then her legs would be 50-52% of her total height, if they're aesthetically pleasing which I assume they are. That is the ideal leg to body ratio on a woman.

This kind of science of aesthetics is interesting. As a self-study, I've noticed that the girls I instinctively want to approach have long legs and pretty faces (and are thin, of course). If they have those things, it's OK if they don't have great hips, breasts, or butts, but if they don't have those things I'm usually not interested.

But I don't know if that's just me if it's general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back