• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #38: Let The Good Times Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
imo

get either kof15 (most recent one) or kof 98/2002 um, what you want, retro 2d era or next gen 2.5d era? thats the point

on pc, retro fighting games list, best one is

- garou
- samurai shodown 5
- garou
- the last blade 2
- sf 30th collection (has third strike and all the iconic sf games)/kof 2002 um

a great way to get into the classic retro fighting game era
Kinda wanna start the first game and get the story

It's been ages since I've played a vintage fighting game

Last one was Street Fighter 2

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
Kinda wanna start the first game and get the story

if you wanna fully start from the origins

it goes from kof94, unless you emulate old consoles or download fightcade2 (best fan online app for having online matches and train in classic games), thats how you do it

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member

it goes from kof94, unless you emulate old consoles or download fightcade2 (best fan online app for having online matches and train in classic games), thats how you do it

Once I fully immerse myself with th search engine and use it like the wayback machine I'll likely find some other gems

I'm waiting for them to port Techu

They have like one Onimusha game right now

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member

best vid for an easy setup, got you, have fun, be careful and you gonna set it up, rather easily, once you do it and learn the way, its easy

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Iirc it was Fatal Fury---->KoF---->Garou. But if he started from 94 (canonical beginning) he still wouldnt have much idea about a bunch of the older fighters in the series.

Thougj tbf if he wanted the complete complete picture he'd need to engage with more than just the three above. Youd need to look in to metal slug too :maybe

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member

when i said, from the origins, meant from the kof origins, since 94 is the first kof game, he specifically said for kof

if he fully wants to know how the story goes, it starts with ryo, from art of fighting, then fatal fury, and you know the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back