• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #39: never give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Lionel Suggs never dies.

yki4mHG.png

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

"You can't beat Lingering Will without that wack ass Kupo Coin can you?”

:hestonpls

"Acting like 80% of KH2 isn't Disney Filler."

That is every single Kingdom Hearts game, interacting with Disney Worlds is kind of one of the big appeals of the series from a narrative stand-point, so that really isn't the own the KH3 side think it is. :mjpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
"Acting like 80% of KH2 isn't Disney Filler."

That is every single Kingdom Hearts game, interacting with Disney Worlds is kind of one of the big appeals of the series from a narrative stand-point, so that really isn't the own the KH3 side think it is. :mjpls
Especially weird since KH3 was almost nothing but Disney and ditched the Final Fantasy side of things.

Plus besides the returning worlds from previous games like Hercules and the addition of Toy Story and Big Hero 6, I didn’t give a damn about most of the Disney worlds here

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Especially weird since KH3 was almost nothing but Disney and ditched the Final Fantasy side of things.
True

Kingdom Hearts 2 had THE best representation for Final Fantasy characters (Gullwings not withstanding), hell Auron got to take part in the best Olympus Colliseum storyline in the series.

Now yeah it did suffer a bit from reusing worlds they really shouldn't have (Nightmare and Atlantica come to mind) but that happened because they didn't do the movie plots in the first place.

I also appreciated the continuity of characters who were summons in KH1 remembering Sora. KH2 was just pretty fucking solid all around from a story-telling perspective.

True

Kingdom Hearts 2 had THE best representation for Final Fantasy characters (Gullwings not withstanding), hell Auron got to take part in the best Olympus Colliseum storyline in the series.

Now yeah it did suffer a bit from reusing worlds they really shouldn't have (Nightmare and Atlantica come to mind) but that happened because they didn't do the movie plots in the first place.

I also appreciated the continuity of characters who were summons in KH1 remembering Sora. KH2 was just pretty fucking solid all around from a story-telling perspective.

Honestly, the biggest issue with 3(and even 2 to some extent) is that the Disney Worlds didn't matter anywhere near as much as KH1 and it's obviously a Disney issue.
It's clearly apparent that even in 2, alot of the emphasis of why Sora needed to go to the Disney Worlds has not only decreased, but feeling like the World mattered to the storyline was also de-emphasized(KH1 had Sora primarily hopping through the Worlds to look for Riku and Kairi, Donald and Goofy did it to look for Mickey, KH2 just has it be because they need to track down the Organization Members). In 3, it's extremely obvious they have no real reason to go there outside of "Sora needs to find out the Power of Waking" and "So Sora can get stronger" but:

1) Sora literally finds out The Power of Waking at the Keyblade Graveyard and NONE of the Disney Worlds even remotely touch upon it.

2) Sora never actually shows he's weaker by any factor despite the game constantly saying he is. Like is the Rock Titan fodder? Because we fought him and the Ice Titan as Bonus Boss Fights in KH1 and that shit is canon, the fuck?!(AND we beat him even easier than back then despite being weaker than his KH2 selves which Pete only met Sora then).

Like even having Sora find out bits of The Power of Waking through the Disney Worlds, have the "New 7 Princesses of Heart" actually fucking matter, GET RID OF FUCKING ARRENDALE! and tell Disney to go fuck themselves and give Nomura some fucking creative freedom would actually be better off(Which is ironic as Marvel/Disney did the same shit with both Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 and Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite... which basically screwed over the latter and got people wary in the former).

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Oh dang after the family ad Mcdonalds bent their knee's to LBGTQ.

:eksip Woke up from too much coughing and saw this shit in twitter. Now they made an ad for FURRY and Gay. Yes shit is fucking Furry it's a werewolf and a person couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back