• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #40: Back and Forth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Wonder why Edge decided to join this sinking ship.

Stream later.

Because all his buddies are there. Mainly Christian, and he wants to do one more story with his boy, before he fully retires. I suspect this run will only last about 2, maybe 3 years at most.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Spoilers for the Digimon 02 movie coming out (it's already out in Japan, hence the spoilers)

The movie is already out in Japan and spoilers are already available.

Basically, the movie is all about Rui and Ukkomon. The 02 children are there to react to the situation and help Rui do his stuff

But basically, Rui is a child born in a leap year and when he was young his father was very sick due to a disease and his mother fell ill and was very abusive. he meets with Okomon, it's a wish-making Digimon that is related to the God of the Digital World (02 children wonder if it's Homeostasis, but it isn't found if it was).

Using Ukkomon Rui wished for his father to be cured and his mother to become kinder, and so it happened.

They would continue to meet and the movie is all with flashbacks and Rui looking back into the past to what happened, the events are each 3 to 4 years because of Rui's leap year situation.

Ukkomon created the digivices and by accident the fragment of one hurt Rui's eyes, making them bleed. The reason why Rui has eyes with two colors is because Ukkomon gave him one of his eyes.

Ukkomon is making Rui's wishes true, and one of them was to have more friends and more know about Digimon. Ukkomon then works in the background and creates the chosen children and bond them to the Digimon with the Digivice.

It's in fact a slave system, and Ukkomon makes so every Digimon will always obey the human not even fearing death.

Rui finds that when they watch together a TV report on the Omegamon vs Diablomon fight becauwe Ukkomon was really into being hurt. Rui gets mad at that and even tries to strangle Ukkomon, but he was happy because the idea that by dying he would make Rui happy was a good one.

They depart and Rui destroys the Digivice, that is why it looks like that in the ending

Ukkomon returned because it's Rui's anniversary again (Took many time due to the leap years stuff), and has 7 billion Digitamas inside himself he wants to spread across the world and give a Digimon to every human.

The movie ends with the 02 children using their attacks together to kill Ukkomon after he decides to stop. This destroys every Digivice and now the childrenw will need to learn if their bond with their Digimon was true or false.

So the Digivices ENSLAVE the Digimon, this apparently to explain why they are so fearless in the face of death. You know, as opposed to them just being brave by nature and caring about the kids enough to fight for them.

The slave thing also doesn't work in the way the film wants it to (ie to instill doubt as to how real the kids friendships with the Digimon are) because there are multiple instances of the Digimon either disagreeing, disobeying or straight up working against their kid. The most obvious example of the latter being Wormmon.

Not to mention (though this shouldn't surprise me as this is a 02 product) it completely flies in the face of continuity. Taichi and Hikari were already able to befriend and make a Digimon evolve before they even had Digivices, the Digivices were only created to HELP with that process.

This shit just SCREAMS that they wanted to make it darker and more morally ambiguous for the sake of it but didn't stop to think weather or not the retcon actually made sense or hadn't already been contradicted by both seasons of Adventure.

Fuck this shit, leave Adventure alone and stop doing unnecessary retcons. It's not like I don't like Digimon being dark (Tamers is my favorite season for fuck's sake) but this is not how you do it. :smh

You know, I've written some stories myself, one of which was a fanfic mentioned way back when, and no matter what, I've always been of the position that I'm still very much an amateur writer at best whose hopefully been improving with time.

Then I see shit like this from the RWBY crew, who have called themselves professional writers before, and I think to myself that maybe I'm being too harsh on myself, because if they think this qualifies as pro material, then by God, what I view as still amateurish at best must be a god damned masterpiece, when compared to their shit, using their 'standards'. :jordangif

It's why it legit gets me that people pretend RWBY is "Deeper than it is" when even under Monty Oum, the series was as deep as a fucking puddle. It was obvious as hell Monty for all of his ability did not know how to write or even practiced how(Which is amazing considering he DOES know how to do Environmental Storytelling through his Haloid and Dead Fantasy series) that even THEN it was still better(though not by much) than how the latest seasons of RWBY went after his death.

The sheer fact that these... idiots can't even follow the simple doctrine of "Show, Don't Tell" to the point where they now expect people to actually understand critical plot points when you don't do anything to show at all that it's vital just tells you that Miles, Kerry and Eddy are so much worse than Monty Oum in storytelling, it baffles me that Monty Oum hired them because "They was writing Red Vs. Blue"(Which look at what happened to that).

Like My Hero Academia is too high of a bar, I would rather watch a cutscene only of FFXV 5 times before I would ever watch RWBY once.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Spoilers for the Digimon 02 movie coming out (it's already out in Japan, hence the spoilers)

So the Digivices ENSLAVE the Digimon, this apparently to explain why they are so fearless in the face of death. You know, as opposed to them just being brave by nature and caring about the kids enough to fight for them.

The slave thing also doesn't work in the way the film wants it to (ie to instill doubt as to how real the kids friendships with the Digimon are) because there are multiple instances of the Digimon either disagreeing, disobeying or straight up working against their kid. The most obvious example of the latter being Wormmon.

Not to mention (though this shouldn't surprise me as this is a 02 product) it completely flies in the face of continuity. Taichi and Hikari were already able to befriend and make a Digimon evolve before they even had Digivices, the Digivices were only created to HELP with that process.

This shit just SCREAMS that they wanted to make it darker and more morally ambiguous for the sake of it but didn't stop to think weather or not the retcon actually made sense or hadn't already been contradicted by both seasons of Adventure.

Fuck this shit, leave Adventure alone and stop doing unnecessary retcons. It's not like I don't like Digimon being dark (Tamers is my favorite season for fuck's sake) but this is not how you do it. :smh
Thats retarded,i'm at this point of my life if they start milking a series and start pushing retcons i just ignore it and stop buying their shit

If they want to make this at least don't retcon a beloved childhood series

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
kamina was cool, had his moments, but he wasnt the mc, all of this, was for simon, all of this buildup

kamina was the prologue and the inspiration to simon, he would had never reach simon's level, even if he was alive, he would be at maximum best guess, above kittan

basically from the good side it was going like this

eos simon > eos genome > eos viral > eos kittan > and then kamina, for the reason we know

if he was eos state, he would be below viral, what ruins kamina is mostly his stans, just like they do for many things, in many fic series, after all

standom is truly a dangerous mind of state, smh

My thoughts exactly, bureido coming correct as always :amazing

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
c8e

:trinny:trinny

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
prompt: Wolverine roaring while unleashing his claws, kentaro miura style, looking at viewer
90a24df1-0518-4756-94c6-1c2d8533fc3f.jpg
dd1d9bd3-2290-4925-a279-645be17575c4.jpg
4740e406-916c-4b95-a643-94b7fd268dce.jpg

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

get-the-entire-fuck-outta-here-malcolm.gif

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member

:lolwat

Guess this is the end of an era for digimon.

:eksip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back