• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #43: Merry Christmas, You Filthy Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
That Medusa is a victim shit is hilarious when taken as the only version by modern losers, as none of them have ever looked into the myths, quite clearly, and found out that the earliest versions of her that we have in full, such as from Homer and Hesiod's era, depict her as having always been a monster, just like her sisters. All it takes is a literal fucking google search to find this out, too, but of course, niggas can't read, and don't have the attention span needed to do 5 seconds worth of research. :wow
i literally saw someone saying Poseidon assaulted her

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
i literally saw someone saying Poseidon assaulted her
According to a certain Greek God hater, he did. According to everyone else, in both Rome and Greece, including by his contemporaries who read his works?

Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by FaZe Clan

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
We're talking about a religion here that existed, in a form that we understand, with actual myths attached, since the 7th-8th century BCE, and continued to be in wide practice(relatively speaking, near the end) until the 3rd or 4th century CE, where its myths have been added to, altered, and so forth in that gap, with the names of gods changing, and new gods being spoken of, that were never even mentioned or thought of, in earlier versions, due to not being conceptualized yet.

Hellenism, or Greek religion, is also seeing a resurgence of sorts, in modern times, so it's likely that if it gets bigger(it prob will, as it got big enough already that Greece has recognized it once more as a proper religion for practice), there'll be new myths added on, as well as new retellings of old myths. That's just how it goes. And even then, when that happens, that'll just make them the most recent versions from its followers, as even they will tell you, if asked, there is no, and never will be, a 'canon' to Greek religion/myth. Choosing to buy into solely one version of something that has many variations and calling it 'canon' is just silly and hilarious, because unless these niggas somehow convened with the Greek Gods themselves and got the word from them, whatever version they squawk on about, is no more 'canon' than every other version.

Then again, due to bias, I am more than happy to make an exception for Ovid's, and just say his shit is as non-canon as it gets. :mjlol

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
OK, youtube started slowing down for me for no reason other than I'm using an adblocker. I researched and saw they're intentionally doing this. Anyone get around this? The filter I installed on ublock origin doesn't seem to work.

LeonLex

Paramount
He took one look into the universe's future, saw the garbage that was coming, and decided to disown it immediately and drop it like a bad habit, never to be seen again. :kobeha
Unlike every human in that universe. Dudes speedrun getting in Hell.
Imagine having a yearly purge and still being overpopulated.

People forgetting that Sakura is hated for VERY VALID REASONS. :smh

No they're actually not, they're not even fucking close to as bad as Sakura. :kobeha

Screen-time has fuck all to do with it, Sakura is just a piece of shit character.

Call me when either of them lies about loving someone to try and emotionally manipulate them or just in general treat someone like absolute garbage for half the series for no reason, or continues to romantically pursue someone after they have tried to kill her several times.

It's nothing to do with the amount of screen-time and everything to do with what she actually did with it, Sakura could have just as little screen-time and would still be far more hated on account of them, you know, never actually doing anything worth being hated for.

Sakura could have 3 screen time and she'll be hated for it.

Seriously her 3 major character arc is literally negatives for her.

- Bad Mouthing/Bonking Nardo Every time they see each other to the point Nardo Has Gag Reflex for it.

- That time when she literally blamed Nardo because they failed to get Sauce back when Nardo literally got stabbed to the chest by Chidori.

- Emotionally manipulating Nardo to continue pursuing Sauce after everything that happened.

:eksip

Like Sakura's hugest sins is the fact that Kishimoto not only had no idea of how to write female characters, but the fact he then didn't even try to make Sakura a compelling character at all even in comparison to his side characters who has far less screentime and less chances to matter to the plot.

Every single bit of Sakura's character hinges on Sasuke to an absolutely unreal degree for the screentime she has but nothing is done to really make her matter in the grand scheme of things and this is before we get to the fact that her negative qualities are far more frustrating to deal with than Naruto or Sasuke's precisely because of how little she ever learns from them punctuating with her MARRYING Sasuke and still ultimately living a miserable life, no matter how hard Kishi tries to dress it up.
Kishimoto straight up got conplaints from female fans themselves hated her and he tried to make her more pretty as a result, didn’t try to write her better
IMG_2564.jpeg

LeonLex

Paramount
You gotta admire Sakura.
All that brainwash, training and Leaf Village propaganda to turn her into a cold blooded killer failed because of love.
This could be a good premise for a better anime, especially with how Sakura was supposed to be good at ninja magic.

Also, remember when normal Genjutsu mattered?

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
God, that's even worse then...
How the hell you end up trying to make a "realistic" character in a fictional series and still somehow managed to fuck that up?
This is the same nigga who went on record to state that the relationship between Naruto and Sasuke was meant to be a mirror of his own with his brother.

The more you actually think about that, the more disturbing that one admittance becomes. :wow

This is the same nigga who went on record to state that the relationship between Naruto and Sasuke was meant to be a mirror of his own with his brother.

The more you actually think about that, the more disturbing that one admittance becomes. :wow

Honestly, it was that which turned me off of Kishimoto entirely. For all of Kubo's issues and problems, I think people are correct but end up way too harsh on the guy. Oda really needs to take a break and end One Piece already but I respect his drive despite never really getting into it even now. Even Horikoshi and Gege have great concepts but just stopped caring after awhile and never really gave it the true push they needed.

Kishimoto though? The more you read from his intentions to the fact his first editor basically handheld the fuck out of him to even the fact that he basically allowed a Naruto sequel to happen through sheer nepotism(Which is only sinking Ikemoto's career)... but then you get THAT. His twin brother who made 666 Satan(I think that's what it is) and otherwise seems like a decent guy... has to have seen that and is just shaking his head in disgust.

Who the fuck would say something like that? "That Naruto and Sasuke's relationship is like the one I want to have with my brother"? That's as retarded as him stating that Naruto and Sasuke being shit fathers' is due to wanting to have them experience what he does with his family and I was like "Fuck it, I'm done" after that. Dude is just a straight up hack and I give him absolutely NOTHING anymore, like Samurai 8 proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt but fuck that noise, I was just "nope" and that's it.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Honestly Sakura infuriates me mainly because as a concept it's literally a money idea
A girl who felt useless and decided to put in the work in being really useful in both healing and power is something most decent writers would've done wonders with the right execution

Shit the whole shit with Sasori was frankly a sign the character was destined for a strong push yet kishi basically pulled a Vince and got bored with her which led to the shit ya see with her

It's really sad cause Sakura had everything she needed to be a solid character instead of the mess she was given

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back