• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #43: Merry Christmas, You Filthy Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly Sakura infuriates me mainly because as a concept it's literally a money idea
A girl who felt useless and decided to put in the work in being really useful in both healing and power is something most decent writers would've done wonders with the right execution

Shit the whole shit with Sasori was frankly a sign the character was destined for a strong push yet kishi basically pulled a Vince and got bored with her which led to the shit ya see with her

It's really sad cause Sakura had everything she needed to be a solid character instead of the mess she was given

It really is... Sakura could have been fixed if the majority of Part 2 was just allowing her to be a more pivotal character in the story and yes, Kishimoto could have absolutely done so while still keeping pages for his boytoy Sasuke... but he didn't.
Sakura ended up losing all of her relevancy after Sasori and just became the cheerleader for Naruto meanwhile doing some things to pretend she's still relevant while she isn't. Have her try and save Naruto against Pain or fight alongside him, actually take part in the War as a fighter and a medic at once, hell, have her fight for her non-existent ass parents instead of Sasuke for ONCE.

Like @Adamant soul can say that Orihime is on a similar level to Sakura but honest to god, I call that a fucking insult to Orihime and that's really goddamned funny considering there is some level of a point there... till you realize atleast Orihime still mattered in Heuco Muendo, mattered in the Soul Society Arc and actually helped fight alongside Ichigo against Yhwach, which is a fuckton more things than Sakura has done meaningfully.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
We will begin streaming the Two Towers in 45 minutes. Since Mein seems to be out, I will be hosting. Please be on alert.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
OK, youtube started slowing down for me for no reason other than I'm using an adblocker. I researched and saw they're intentionally doing this. Anyone get around this? The filter I installed on ublock origin doesn't seem to work.
Lol those fucks are really mad their bullshit last year has still not stopped people from using blockers for their shitty ads, I managed to get past it somehow by getting an extension that just skipped the ads but after a while adblocker would work again so either they gave up on that retarded "no videos for adblockers" or they got outsmarted by people like me who have almost no clue what they are doing, but know more of what they are doing then they do. :maury
I thought it was something wrong with my PC and I need it checked but I guess Youtube is just up to their old tricks in trying to force us to pay for ads. Well I say too bad fuckers, even a slight freeze during the day is never gonna make me pay shit for ads.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That feeling when you spend two hours (give or take) trying to no damage a boss, are almost ready to give up and just beat the boss normally, literally say the next run's the last attempt...only to for that to be the run. :amazing

Get fucked Ifrit, give me that damn medal, FLAWLESS VICTORY MOTHERFUCKER! :awesome

Gets a scene with Kupka that reminds him he has no-damage EVERY phase of the Titan fight later to get the medal. :geezuspepe

Well I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, for now, hit the music. :maybe

Last edited:

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
People forgetting that Sakura is hated for VERY VALID REASONS. :smh

No they're actually not, they're not even fucking close to as bad as Sakura. :kobeha

Screen-time has fuck all to do with it, Sakura is just a piece of shit character.

Call me when either of them lies about loving someone to try and emotionally manipulate them or just in general treat someone like absolute garbage for half the series for no reason, or continues to romantically pursue someone after they have tried to kill her several times.

It's nothing to do with the amount of screen-time and everything to do with what she actually did with it, Sakura could have just as little screen-time and would still be far more hated on account of them, you know, never actually doing anything worth being hated for.
looks at thread

There I am Gary! There I am!!

Just to repeat what I said there though I don't even particularly care about Hinata but you have genuinely created a shit main character if you have to compare that character to largely irrelevant side characters to build her up. It has nothing to do with screen time, Sakura just largely does nothing other than cry and count on Naruto to do everything. All despite the fact that she trained in the first place so she and Naruto could bring back Sasuke together. So in the end she reverts her character to square one twice and her consolation prize is being diet Tsunade who is a boring as shit fighter anyways.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
DBE actually had some moments that were funny so it's better than Netflix Bebop on that alone.

Granted it wasn't funny in the "haha that's funny, I liked that" sense but in the "no way they just bought a 30 dollar gorilla costume and called it oozaru" sense.
Also like how James Marsters just roled with what he was given and did a decent job as King Piccolo

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Dragon Ball Evolution works fine as a B list kung fu movie

It doesn’t work for Dragon Ball

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
5xTumdv.jpg

F99017-C5-3-E7-A-49-E6-ABAC-0584-C5227-A32.jpg

8216891-D-F45-E-4-D98-AE40-68-B9461224-BB.jpg

Super Sonic > Amaterasu :mjlol