• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #44: Happy New Year. Lets Start the year with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
DQTfNAR.gif
I wish they went back in making more JRPGs with those over the top animations

Proto234

Distinguished
To an extent sure though my preference still gears more towards optimistic storytelling than pessimistic.
Judai's story would not have landed quite so well if he didn't get his cheer back at the end. :maybe
Then shouldn't you like Yuma more than Yusei or Yugi?

I mean he did keep stand by his philosophy to the very end (said philosophy even allows his win against Nasch)

As for Yuya, he's good at first half. By second half yeah, don't bother. There is a reason why Arc-V final arc is hated by both Japanese and Western fandom

Oh yeah, forgot there was a second one :hm

In that case yeah, if people unironically buy into that as "well characterized" then they lose any footing on the Suicide Squad thing since at least in the later they're being controlled
It’s not even like Kingdom Come where Superman becoming “authoritarian” was actually more realistic, and he never killed nor actually tried to throw people in the gulag

Even the fucking communist Superman in the Red Sun comics gave up when he realized he was becoming like Brainiac. And he didn’t even grow up as Clark Kent!

Injustice Superman is just a mustache twirling villain, murdering Billy and lobotomizing heroes—and it’s literally the most popular videogame version of the character

Wonder Woman got it worse too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back