• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #44: Happy New Year. Lets Start the year with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
"The mobile game "Fate/Grand Order" was downloaded 144.35 thousand times in Japan in December 2023." 145k a month isn't a lot for a gacha game, in fact that's barely anything. So Fate's definitely seen better days when it comes to Popularity. What they're doing is making a lot of money off of Waifu Whales.
The fucking straws these people are grasping at to try and pretend Fate is a dead or even struggling franchise is beyond me. Like how he has to single out a single month as if that proves anything, when the game is still going strong and we're getting a remaster of the original game later this year. :kobeha

Then again it's the same idiot who brought up Disney Live Action remake numbers to prove they make more money than the animated movies while blatantly ignoring that inflation is a thing.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Its getting those numbers in December 2023 because more than half of Japan has already downloaded it by now

The only thing you can say is how the rest of the Type Moon franchise has been swallowed up into F/GO’s continuity as a result of it being their money maker now

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Pssh you ain't using enough gun
:hestonpls
huikt2w3yun61.jpg

Advice that never fails :mjpls

King of time

Exceptional

The fucking straw these people are grasping at to try to pretend Fate is a dead or even struggling franchise is beyond me. Like he had to spend a month as if that proves anything, when the game is still going strong and we're getting a remaster of the original game later this year.:Bend

Then again, that same idiot trots out Disney Live Action remake numbers to prove they make more money than cartoons while blatantly ignoring that inflation is an issue.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So tired of this stuff i just want these people and companies to get bankrupt
:smh

Oh for fuck's sake, you've gotta be fucking kidding me, it's the Ursula "body language" thing all over again. :smh

OZAI. IS. THE. FUCKING. VILLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIINNNNN.

A Villain doing BAD things in a story, is NOT problematic because NO ONE is acting like this is okay. You're not supposed to like him. This is the guy we want to see get murdered and this is meant to be one of the primary reasons WHY.

You know what IS problematic though? Taking out a core element of what makes one of the main characters who they are and which is the focal point for their ENTIRE CHARACTER ARC.

I haven't even watched Avatar (really something I need to do at some point) and I'm getting angry for its fans at this point 'cause this is gonna be an absolute dumpster fire, that may even make the MOVIE look good by comparison. :kobeha

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Oh for fuck's sake, you've gotta be fucking kidding me, it's the Ursula "body language" thing all over again. :smh

OZAI. IS. THE. FUCKING. VILLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIINNNNN.

A Villain doing BAD things in a story, is NOT problematic because NO ONE is acting like this is okay. You're not supposed to like him. This is the guy we want to see get murdered and this is meant to be one of the primary reasons WHY.

You know what IS problematic though? Taking out a core element of what makes one of the main characters who they are and which is the focal point for their ENTIRE CHARACTER ARC.

I haven't even watched Avatar (really something I need to do at some point) and I'm getting angry for its fans at this point 'cause this is gonna be an absolute dumpster fire, that may even make the MOVIE look good by comparison. :kobeha
I still can't get over that one scene where there are fucking SIX guys doing a whole bunch of movements and chants just to earthbend a fairly small rock over to a guy at a slow speed :tupac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back