• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #44: Happy New Year. Lets Start the year with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

• Has finished Part 1
  • Hoping Rock Lee gets more screen-time later
  • Hoping the female characters get more interesting later
Oh boy Merphy, you have NO IDEA what you're in for with this one and I'd be VERY surprised if you come out the other side liking it, or even finished it to be quite frank with you. :maybe

Proto234

Distinguished
Broly being mad at Goku crying was a dub only thing iirc. Originally the dude wanted to fight Goku just because he was the strongest of the Z fighters. Meaning Broly took the whole "love for battle" thing that saiyans were known for and just ran with it.

Leave it to TFS to misunderstand the hell out of the source material they're supposedly huge fans of though :kobeha
I rewatch the sub via gogoanime.

And you right Broly does not have obsession to Goku crying.
However, it also doesn't explain why seeing Goku face alone makes Broly parrots Kakarot and eventually triggers his transformation

He does more sadistic in the sub though. And there is no whole he wants to fight Goku because he's the strongest. He is just a sadistic brute, pure and simple

Last edited:

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
However, it also doesn't explain why seeing Goku face alone makes Broly parrots Kakarot and eventually triggers his transformation
It didn’t. Broly knew Goku’s name because Vegeta said Kakarot right in front of him

The movie implies Broly doesn’t even remember Goku. It’s Goku’s power that triggered Broly’s instincts, Paragus outright stated this. Broly knows how to sense ki

Broly being mad at Goku crying was a dub only thing iirc. Originally the dude wanted to fight Goku just because he was the strongest of the Z fighters. Meaning Broly took the whole "love for battle" thing that saiyans were known for and just ran with it.

Leave it to TFS to misunderstand the hell out of the source material they're supposedly huge fans of though :kobeha
It didn’t. Broly knew Goku’s name because Vegeta said Kakarot right in front of him

The movie implies Broly doesn’t even remember Goku. It’s Goku’s power that triggered Broly’s instincts, Paragus outright stated this. Broly knows how to sense ki

That makes me wonder then...

Why did the Dub go with the take they did rather than the Sub? That was a needless as hell change if it wasn't going to really give him any depth.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Makes guys like Dabura and Freeza look like chumps for bragging about being the strongest in the universe hindsight :mjlol
It’s also hilarious how in hindsight, Broly in his base form can decimate DBZ era SS3 Goku, Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan, and Buu all at once too

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

176bfd2d4bacacab65d26d897c5b2986fe12706683701bef27fb9952b09f756b_1.jpg

How in the fuck is anything going on here making any sense?

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Yep, The Rock literally screwed not Cody but The Elimination Chamber itself to get that bullshit...
This better be some random bullshit because no one credible is pretending this isn't a massive dick move and something that makes Cody look weak as shit.
Shit was lame as hell to pull this nonsense like come on what was the point of Cody winning the rumble if you were to pull this crap
And why niggas acting like Roman vs Rock is this massive 🤑💰 MU ain't nobody give a fuck about Roman the same way they did with even with a prime John Cena

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
That makes me wonder then...

Why did the Dub go with the take they did rather than the Sub? That was a needless as hell change if it wasn't going to really give him any depth.
Like Gordo said the old Funi Dub changed a lot of shit as was common for dubs back then and in many cases it changed certain plot points. Many for the worst, though others I honestly liked more because it was cooler and made more sense like Cell regenerating so long as a single cell of his was around, unlike the original which said it is due to some source in his head when we saw him get his whole upper half blasted the fuck out by Goku earlier.

Shit was lame as hell to pull this nonsense like come on what was the point of Cody winning the rumble if you were to pull this crap
And why niggas acting like Roman vs Rock is this massive 🤑💰 MU ain't nobody give a fuck about Roman the same way they did with even with a prime John Cena

I'll disagree that people do give a fuck about Roman, the problem at it's core is that The Rock just randomly appears and Cody just gives up his Wrestlemania spot "But he'll challenge Roman later" which comes off so fucking forced as that's not how the Royal Rumble Winner shit ever worked.

Not helped that Roman completely buried Seth and the WHC by... simply stating the truth meaning combined with Cody beating Seth 3 times, him challenging the WHC is effectively meaningless for Cody. And this isn't even getting into the fact that Australia ASKED for The Rock for The Elimination Chamber meaning that The Rock trying to force Rock/Roman at Wrestlemania can legit get them into legal shit for absolutely no gain whatsoever and can even lose them future spots outside of the US.

That's why I'm hoping this is some stupid ass work and not something serious(Like hell, I find it dumb to even have it at Wrestlemania or make a Triple Threat but there's no reason for this).

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Yep, The Rock literally screwed not Cody but The Elimination Chamber itself to get that bullshit...
This better be some random bullshit because no one credible is pretending this isn't a massive dick move and something that makes Cody look weak as shit.
Some are saying Cody's gonna give a fuck you, win Seth's title at Elimination Chamber, and then, since he still has the ticket to Mania through the rumble, challenge Reigns while putting the world title on the line, and even with Rock involved, saying he'll beat both.

Given the look on Cody's face as he left the ring in a super out of character moment, though, I don't think that's the case. I think Rock's ego just won out. Guess EC wasn't enough for Dwayne. He had to shoot for a ME that he didn't do anything for at Wrestlemania, which we all know he's losing, due to Roman being champ, so there's no suspense or wondering who will win or not, making it a pointless affair.

"O-Oh! But it's for the head of the ta-" Yeah, and? That story would mean something if it was a guess as to who wins, but with Roman as champion, we all know he wins, unless long nose pulls the swerve of the century, prob due to Rock's ego, and has Rock win. :kobeha

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Roman did one thing Cena only ever did the opposite of as top guy, bring back viewers when the Bloodline story was hot.:mjlol

That being said, 'Prime Cena' was during an era where, despite constantly tanking viewership because Cena was a terrible pick for top guy, they still had more than double the current viewership numbers, and roughly double that of the spiked numbers at the Bloodline's peak, so...:wow

Some are saying Cody's gonna give a fuck you, win Seth's title at Elimination Chamber, and then, since he still has the ticket to Mania through the rumble, challenge Reigns while putting the world title on the line, and even with Rock involved, saying he'll beat both.

Given the look on Cody's face as he left the ring in a super out of character moment, though, I don't think that's the case. I think Rock's ego just won out. Guess EC wasn't enough for Dwayne. He had to shoot for a ME that he didn't do anything for at Wrestlemania, which we all know he's losing, due to Roman being champ, so there's no suspense or wondering who will win or not, making it a pointless affair.

"O-Oh! But it's for the head of the ta-" Yeah, and? That story would mean something if it was a guess as to who wins, but with Roman as champion, we all know he wins, unless long nose pulls the swerve of the century, prob due to Rock's ego, and has Rock win. :kobeha

That's precisely why I have to believe there's no way in hell that this is anything more than The Rock using his leverage at TKO to completely fuck Cody over as this definitely isn't a Triple H deal.
There is no way this benefits Cody at all in any facet you use it at:

1) Well, he gets to challenge Seth for his Title at Elimination Chamber/Wrestlemania 40:
Fucking WHY?! I don't give a shit of what Seth stated, his shit IS a Paper Champion no matter how much he defends it because at the end of the day no one cares about it because the only winner... has been Seth Rollins and Seth himself is only over because of his Theme Song, not Seth himself(Roman has been over for years just by being Joe Anoai') and Cody defeated Seth 3 Times for far less including at Wrestlemania! He has no reason to ever challenge Seth anymore and if anything, Seth should be forcing HIM to challenge him for the Championship so he can be legit.

2) This will get asses in seats:
No it wouldn't! The crowd was white hot for Cody when he won and was white hot even now when he lost for a whole ass year. People want Cody to finish his story because the man has put down an absurd level of evidence that it's his story to end and Wrestlemania is the only place where that story can end fittingly. To not only win the Royal Rumble but have to GIVE IT UP(in a figurative sense) to a motherfucker who can barely wrestle before he's gassed but to answer a question no one barely cares about(Because at the end of the day, Roman is basically so big he doesn't even need The Rock's win to be as big as he is) for no reason at all.

Like I said and will keep saying it, until they have Cody challenge Seth outright, I hope that this is some stupid ass swerve and it does pivot to The Elimination Chamber for Rock/Roman and then Roman/Cody at Wrestlemania because this will kill more than Cody, this is going to kill their International Prospects too.

Roman did one thing Cena only ever did the opposite of as top guy, bring back viewers when the Bloodline story was hot.:mjlol

That being said, 'Prime Cena' was during an era where, despite constantly tanking viewership because Cena was a terrible pick for top guy, they still had more than double the current viewership numbers, and roughly double that of the spiked numbers at the Bloodline's peak, so...:wow

To be fair, to be fair, WWE has been doing record profits for the past year and then some and streaming has become far more profitable than Prime Cena years has been before streaming so it's hard to tell due to the decline of TV and the rise of streaming if there is a huge difference or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back