• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #44: Happy New Year. Lets Start the year with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

EXODIA!!!!
With that Duelist of Brilliance announcement, went and got myself a play set of the Star Seraph engine while their dirt cheap just in case Durbe’s Star Seraphs get picked.

@Adamant soul Wish Durbe had more duels. His 3 main deck Star Seraphs (Sword, Scout, Sword) are freaking terrible.

And it sucks because of how good Scepter and Sovereign are that their held back by not having anything but themselves.

If there’s one thing I hate about Zexal, it’s how half done so many archetypes there are, consisting of a few monsters with generic “summon each other to Xyz first turn” effects and no Spells or Traps.

We also need some good new 3-Mat Rank 4s

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
With that Duelist of Brilliance announcement, went and got myself a play set of the Star Seraph engine while their dirt cheap just in case Durbe’s Star Seraphs get picked.

@Adamant soul Wish Durbe had more duels. His 3 main deck Star Seraphs (Sword, Scout, Sword) are freaking terrible.

And it sucks because of how good Scepter and Sovereign are that their held back by not having anything but themselves.

If there’s one thing I hate about Zexal, it’s how half done so many archetypes there are, consisting of a few monsters with generic “summon each other to Xyz first turn” effects and no Spells or Traps.

We also need some good new 3-Mat Rank 4s
Consequence of having so many minor side characters with archetypes tied to them, or in this case, him only being one of the Barian Emperors and not really being one of the major ones.

Obviously I'm not really into the card game so it doesn't bother me all that much, there are just certain characters I would have liked to see more of and that applies across every Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Consequence of having so many minor side characters with archetypes tied to them, or in this case, him only being one of the Barian Emperors and not really being one of the major ones.

Obviously I'm not really into the card game so it doesn't bother me all that much, there are just certain characters I would have liked to see more of and that applies across every Yu-Gi-Oh! series.
Yeah but it’s a shame how the Baria Emperors got cut short.

Even Durbe’s ace Star Seraph Sentry is extremely lackluster, just being a worse Starliege Paladynamo

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Even Durbe’s ace Star Seraph Sentry is extremely lackluster, just being a worse Starliege Paladynamo
Indeed, while Dartz himself is just an okay villain, him and his three henchmen are probably the best villain group in the series aside from maybe the Dark Signers.

Barian Emperors are still cool though.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
shadow-the-hedgehog-sonic-the-hedgehog.gif

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Hey how is Master Duel lately? Stopped playing because I got tired of braindead, glue eater Kashtira being spammed by everyone online. Is that still the best deck?

Proto234

Distinguished

At least he still has good cards in form of throne and scepter.

Poor Vector's Umbral Horror has it worse, despite him being major villain. Same goes with Saiou (though new card The Devil is decent)

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
At least he still has good cards in form of throne and scepter.

Poor Vector's Umbral Horror has it worse, despite him being major villain. Same goes with Saiou (though new card The Devil is decent)
Yeah, Durbe drew the bigger stick when it came to Legacy support among Zexal characters in the Arc-V era. Tied with Gauche in that regard

Lazywaka

Illustrious
Naruto is a special case of how bad boruto is, they just had to pull bullshit reason so they can turn into a shitty dad to make some drama relationship with his son :really

The thing that makes it insufferable is that Naruto doesn't even do anything as Hokage to justify it. Pretty much all the hard stuff was handled by Tsunade and Kakashi or just fixed itself before he took office. The only things that weren't resolved were the issues with the hidden rain (which he apparently gave up on) the influence of the Konoha elders who are apparently still pricks.

Meaning that despite all his bluster about changing the system he is the most "par the course" Hokage in Konoha's history. He hasn't actually done anything with his position to justify him ignoring his family.

Proto234

Distinguished
Yeah, Durbe drew the bigger stick when it came to Legacy support among Zexal characters in the Arc-V era. Tied with Gauche in that regard
Vector, Gilag and Alit has it bad.

Does Gilag even has archetype (beyond Fire and Ice hand which is decent in HAT deck)

Come to think of it, the only Emperor that has playable cards are Nasch and somewhat Mizael (his cards are mostly the same as Kaito).

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Vector, Gilag and Alit has it bad.

Does Gilag even has archetype (beyond Fire and Ice hand which is decent in HAT deck)
Not anymore for Alito. Dude got some Fire new Boxers that make the deck actually pretty decent.

Unless Durbe gets picked in this upcoming set, Alito’s easily the Emperor with the best deck after Shark

Proto234

Distinguished
Not anymore for Alito. Dude got some Fire new Boxers that make the deck actually pretty decent.

Unless Durbe gets picked in this upcoming set, Alito’s easily the Emperor with the best deck after Shark

Good for him.
Now I wish for Vector to get the same treatment

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
The thing that makes it insufferable is that Naruto doesn't even do anything as Hokage to justify it. Pretty much all the hard stuff was handled by Tsunade and Kakashi or just fixed itself before he took office. The only things that weren't resolved were the issues with the hidden rain (which he apparently gave up on) the influence of the Konoha elders who are apparently still pricks.

Meaning that despite all his bluster about changing the system he is the most "par the course" Hokage in Konoha's history. He hasn't actually done anything with his position to justify him ignoring his family.
Also... shadow clones.

He can literally just have a shadow clone, or two, or even 100, do his paperwork while he does other things.

Especially when one of said things includes actually going to your own son's birthday party, when you yourself know what it's like to have absent parents.

It's just so ass :giogio

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Good for him.
Now I wish for Vector to get the same treatment
What would it be? Umbral Horror is tough when it has 0 Legacy Support so far and is extremely barebones.

And that’s not even mentioning how Vector mostly ditched them and even his own over 100 monster to use Don Thousand themed stuff and other Numbers after 2 duels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back