• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #44: Happy New Year. Lets Start the year with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

toofar.jpg

Proto234

Distinguished

Wow, King of War’s tastes are… something else
You guys thought that went too far? lol.

Try this then, my favorite btw

You guys thought that went too far? lol.

Try this then, my favorite btw

Man, that just touches my curiosity bubble lol.

Only in Nip land

Honest to God, isn't it sad I would rather take variety even if it's crazy shit like that vs. the same ol' Superhero Slop we have had for decades with American Comics?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

In my opinion, it's an apples and oranges situation that entirely comes down to personal preference.

Godzilla Minus One, The OG Godzilla movie and the like are trying to do VERY different things with the character than are most Showa era movies or the Monsterverse movies and I honestly think it's important that both continue to do what they excel at as they're both good in their own ways.

You obviously can't have Godzilla as the villain embodiment of nuclear destruction in every single film because it's just gonna get old after a while, no matter how good the writing it. Having those movies running in Japan, while the American Monsterverse movies highlight the cheesier elements of Godzilla and focus more on the monsters as characters in their own right while beating the shit out of each other, puts the franchise in as good a position as it can be because it gives the fans the choice.

Now me I'm a lifelong Power Rangers fan so I personally am gonna stick with the Monsterverse movies because like I said, at the end of the day it is just about personal preference. One isn't better than the other, it's just about which one appeals to you more.

Yeah reading that first volume, it's definitely the typical schlock you would see X-Rated Films. The character artist obviously knows how to draw men and women, the extremities are censored but the tits aren't. The gore is there but surprisingly it's not like Berserk and is actually pretty muted. The first volume ends with all but stated Gangrape and the premise itself is genuinely fucked up(It's basically a group of Students, Teachers and Boat Staff are stuck on Sentenele Island +2 and the Natives don't give a fuck) but I'm not sure where the "Comedy" comes in(Probably later volumes once the shock value wears off as they typically do).

So yeah, they play it dead seriously atleast for the first volume, not really gonna recommend it obviously as it's basically no different than watching an X-Rated Flick, you get what you came for and that's that.

Proto234

Distinguished
Honest to God, isn't it sad I would rather take variety even if it's crazy shit like that vs. the same ol' Superhero Slop we have had for decades with American Comics?
I'm pretty sure they are some obscure, depraved USA comics out there. Though considering SJW infested media these days, probably not that many

On unrelated note, it seems Kaiba has fun time on Yugioh 25th Anni

I'm pretty sure they are some obscure, depraved USA comics out there. Though considering SJW infested media these days, probably not that many

Image Comics, sure but Image is nowhere near the same level of variety in any other Country, let alone Japan and even that still suffers from having plenty of Superhero Comics and even their Adult Stories are bent towards Superheroes or the equivalent.

Ingoshima may be X-Rated Schlock to the max but honest to god, I would take it and that Senien Superhero X-Rated Manga over the sheer barrage of only Superhero Comics every day of the rest of my life.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
SPeaking of variety i recently began reading a cultivation novel where the main character believes he is schizophrenic. He's in a mental ward and experiences hallucinations of being transported to another world. Eventually, he can bring things from that world to Earth, leading him to believe both worlds are real. However, an evil cultivator in the other world suggests that the Earth he thought was real might be the true hallucination and he was drugging MC.

That happens in 12 chapters :skully

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

On unrelated note, it seems Kaiba has fun time on Yugioh 25th Anni

Debating which trash to read is slightly less trash for a moment, love this message from Kaiba’s voice actor.

What was I doing 25 years ago? Nothing Yugioh related unfortunately since the show and card game didn’t drop until the 2000s here in the US

Before Yugioh, it was all about the Pokemon show and cards for me growing up

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
What was I doing 25 years ago?

Well, uh, considering that I turned 21 last November.... :tupac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back