OBD Convo #47: You Still Wanna F*** With Me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xadlin

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
GJN09I6XQAAPrzj
GJN09UIXMAA8z_p

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Uh Madara or Zabuza are better than any One Piece villain, even the better ones like Doflamingo don't really come close. This is really an insane take
Zabuza yes, Madara FUCK NO!
Dude isn't even mid-tier by One Piece villain standards. :kobeha

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Suddenly got an itch to play the PS1 FF games yesterday so I decided to get one on PSN, ended up getting VII. Then I noticed it had trophies and was like "Oh let's see what these are, hopefully there are no mis....THERE'S LIKE FUCKING FIVE OR SIX MISSABLE TROPHIES". :facepalm

I can understand having missable trophies in SHORT games that are designed to be replayed like Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Rising and stuff like that. Long as shit, 50-60 hour JRPGs are NOT the games these trophies belong in, especially when said trophies are actually VERY easy to miss unless you go out of your way for them, or know what to do in advance.

I'll be the first to say FFXIII's Treasure Hunter Trophy is some fucking tedious bullshit, but at least it's ONLY missable if you (for whatever reason) sold all your elemental resistance shit before upgrading them and there's no reason to do that as none of them give that much gil anyway and because those accessories are at least occasionally useful.

Long story short, stop putting missable trophies in long games you assholes. :tiredpepe

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
People have been doing so on their own relatively fine since the Dawn of Man WITHOUT trying to act like everything is hopeless.
Again, if you think you are the only one to believe that shit, you are basically being a cringelord to the extreme and need to get the hell off of Twitter.
if he actually want to change the world put his money to work for that change rather than doom posting on social media.

:eksip That's literally the problem with most celebrity they virtue signal with twitter or podcast and shit but when their money is on the line they will not touch it. -No one cares what China does. But they will fucking talk about U.S.A Failing when U.S problem is literally not even 1% of the biggest problem globally.- 99% of our climate problem is created by china in the modern day, China has literal Slave Camp, China has literal Child Factory, China Literally invading more Country than Russia/Palestin/Israel/Ukraine combined. -
This people won't touch any political shit involving China.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Suddenly got an itch to play the PS1 FF games yesterday so I decided to get one on PSN, ended up getting VII. Then I noticed it had trophies and was like "Oh let's see what these are, hopefully there are no mis....THERE'S LIKE FUCKING FIVE OR SIX MISSABLE TROPHIES". :facepalm

I can understand having missable trophies in SHORT games that are designed to be replayed like Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Rising and stuff like that. Long as shit, 50-60 hour JRPGs are NOT the games these trophies belong in, especially when said trophies are actually VERY easy to miss unless you go out of your way for them, or know what to do in advance.

I'll be the first to say FFXIII's Treasure Hunter Trophy is some fucking tedious bullshit, but at least it's ONLY missable if you (for whatever reason) sold all your elemental resistance shit before upgrading them and there's no reason to do that as none of them give that much gil anyway and because those accessories are at least occasionally useful.

Long story short, stop putting missable trophies in long games you assholes. :tiredpepe
Dude ff7 has literal Missable content in the original PS game.
Shit like doll collection or shit like completing the enemy materia even Some of the Materia itself are missable content if you jump from disc 2 to disc 3.

:skully

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
FF7 has permanently missable characters :skully
Just to list a few
Vincent and Yuffie are actually missable.
Ruby and Emerald is also missable bosses.
Odin, Typhone, and Knights of the Round are missable Summon
W Item materia is a missable Materia. One of the most broken materia in the game.
Aerith Final weapon is missable if you didn't get it before she leaves.
The whole Wutai event is missable
Condor battle in the tower minigame is missable if you don't frequently go back to it.
Meeting Zack's Parent is Missable too if you didn't go to that village.
etc.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Dude ff7 has literal Missable content in the original PS game.
Shit like doll collection or shit like completing the enemy materia even Some of the Materia itself are missable content if you jump from disc 2 to disc 3.

FF7 has permanently missable characters :skully
Which is FINE, I have no issue with missable content in general. My issue is when games have trophies based on said missable content, especially if they are long-ass RPGs as is the case here and especially when there are so many of them.

Mostly because it's frustrating as shit if you're going for the platinum, only to realize you have to restart the ENTIRE game dozens of hours in because you accidentally missed ONE item. :tiredpepe

Yes obviously FFVII wasn't made with trophies in mind but still.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Ruby and Emerald is also missable bosses.
Odin, Typhone, and Knights of the Round are missable Summon
In fairness those are only "missable" in the sense that you can finish the game without doing them. You still always have the OPTION to do them.

I'm referring more to instances where you straight up lose even the OPTION to get them once you pass a certain point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back