OBD Convo #47: You Still Wanna F*** With Me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member

GameFAQ'ers continue to ignore the obvious when it comes to the problems everyone and their mother has with the "Remake" version of Sephiroth:

He's basically in way too many scenes and completely annihilated his own mystique in favor of being Cloud's ex-Wife/Girlfriend. It's also funny because of the ridiculous pushing of the final battles in "Remake" and Rebirth, it actually makes Sephiroth look weak and like a bitch and it honestly makes the story harder to take seriously when in the last game, we took on:

• The personification of Fate and Destiny
  • And Sephiroth that basically is all but Advent Children Sephiroth who can then absorb Meteor itself for a power boost.

And then expect us to believe the Midgar Zolom is a fucking threat to the party :risigif
They also killed the shit out of the scene that was supposed to show how Sephiroth is a badass by making us see it in a really ridiculous sequence that doesn't even work because this isn't even the original or JENOVA creation but just the "overpowered as fuck Sephiroth who loses every fight but still wins because the writers are shit" variant.

It doesn't help the game did it AGAIN by having us fight Sephiroth AGAIN but this time, he becomes Sephiroth Rebirth(Bizarro Sephiroth) but this time, he is now enhanced with the personification of Fate... and we still win.

3rd game we are gonna have Safer Sephiroth literally become one with the whole damn multiverse and still win and Sephiroth will STILL say him losing was part of the plan... or:

1712640581902375_e2c0b393b4285f03583c23c79a4ecf91387179a5e27caf15de38d4712b7b95ed_1.jpg

Seriously, just don't even try and do the Final Fantasy IX remake, holy shit. They are gonna put Kuja into everything, go even more stupid with the Terra/Gaia combination and answer questions to shit we never asked for(I can guaran-fucking-tee they will answer what the fuck Necron is and/or make Mikoto more than just the voice of the Genomes and Garland's motives manifest).
FF7 Remake is a good example of how little these creators think things through, you have this guy that was already supposed to be strongest, even more powerfull and then he is being confronted by the party even on earlier parts of the game and losing?

He could also just have killed everyone already, at no point we are show that there anything preventing him from doing that, especially if he can force the outcome of another timeline into another, he could just force the dead part on others as well

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
FF7 Remake is a good example of how little these creators think things through, you have this guy that was already supposed to be strongest, even more powerfull and then he is being confronted by the party even on earlier parts of the game and losing?

He could also just have killed everyone already, at no point we are show that there anything preventing him from doing that, especially if he can force the outcome of another timeline into another, he could just force the dead part on others as well
Also Aerith haven't awakened Holy yet so Sephiroth literally has no one stopping him from snapping the whole group from existence.

:eksip

What's ridiculous to me is that the funny part is that they could have easily fixed these dilemmas with literally what they do with Zack:

Due to the timelines getting merged and fucked with, the group from Advent Children and beyond are either physically aiding the party or is explicitly buffing the shit out of them(Since they are supposed to be the equivalent of level 100 by time of Advent Children).
It would actually explain alot of why they can stand up so well to Sephiroth and all of this bullshit but at the same time, also explain why the rest of the story isn't just an effortless cakewalk.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

GameFAQ'ers continue to ignore the obvious when it comes to the problems everyone and their mother has with the "Remake" version of Sephiroth:

He's basically in way too many scenes and completely annihilated his own mystique in favor of being Cloud's ex-Wife/Girlfriend. It's also funny because of the ridiculous pushing of the final battles in "Remake" and Rebirth, it actually makes Sephiroth look weak and like a bitch and it honestly makes the story harder to take seriously when in the last game, we took on:

• And Sephiroth that basically is all but Advent Children Sephiroth who can then absorb Meteor itself for a power boost.

And then expect us to believe the Midgar Zolom is a fucking threat to the party :risigif
They also killed the shit out of the scene that was supposed to show how Sephiroth is a badass by making us see it in a really ridiculous sequence that doesn't even work because this isn't even the original or JENOVA creation but just the "overpowered as fuck Sephiroth who loses every fight but still wins because the writers are shit" variant.

It doesn't help the game did it AGAIN by having us fight Sephiroth AGAIN but this time, he becomes Sephiroth Rebirth(Bizarro Sephiroth) but this time, he is now enhanced with the personification of Fate... and we still win.

3rd game we are gonna have Safer Sephiroth literally become one with the whole damn multiverse and still win and Sephiroth will STILL say him losing was part of the plan... or:

1712640581902375_e2c0b393b4285f03583c23c79a4ecf91387179a5e27caf15de38d4712b7b95ed_1.jpg

Seriously, just don't even try and do the Final Fantasy IX remake, holy shit. They are gonna put Kuja into everything, go even more stupid with the Terra/Gaia combination and answer questions to shit we never asked for(I can guaran-fucking-tee they will answer what the fuck Necron is and/or make Mikoto more than just the voice of the Genomes and Garland's motives manifest).
Wow even as someone who has NEVER liked Sephiroth to begin with, I can't help but cringe reading this shit. :kobeha

Dude's gonna end up WORSE than Ultima at this rate, which would be extremely ironic considering how obviously they were trying to make Ultima like Sephiroth.

It's also fucking saying something considering the only two main villains I consider worse than Ultima are Cloud of Darkness ('cause she isn't even really a character) and post-DLC Ardyn for obvious reasons.

It's especially sad because I've been playing the original FFVII and, while I don't like him as a villain, I can't deny how good the build up for Sephiroth is, specifically because he DOESN'T appear very often and every time he does he makes a big impact.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Wow even as someone who has NEVER liked Sephiroth to begin with, I can't help but cringe reading this shit. :kobeha

Dude's gonna end up WORSE than Ultima at this rate, which would be extremely ironic considering how obviously they were trying to make Ultima like Sephiroth.

It's also fucking saying something considering the only two main villains I consider worse than Ultima are Cloud of Darkness ('cause she isn't even really a character) and post-DLC Ardyn for obvious reasons.

It's especially sad because I've been playing the original FFVII and, while I don't like him as a villain, I can't deny how good the build up for Sephiroth is, specifically because he DOESN'T appear very often and every time he does he makes a big impact.
:eksip what do you think of OG cloud compare to what is shown in his cameo's in other games.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Tbf the meteor Sephiroth summoned in Remake is definitely not the actual world-ending Meteor

It’s just some mini-meteor

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
It’s just some mini-meteor
the problem with this is what's the reason why sephiroth keeps calling a weaker meteor just to lose to cloud and co?

No seriously why posture over and over again when you could literally just use the best one right now.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
:eksip what do you think of OG cloud compare to what is shown in his cameo's in other games.
Cloud in the original game is a top 5 FF protagonist, like the fact that the dude is such a mentally broken basket case at the start (to where he it's unclear what is really his personality and what is just him copying Zack) and yet manages to work through that shit to become a reasonably well functioning human being by the end of the game is a top tier FF character arc.

I remembered his character arc for the most part before playing the game. The compilation seriously fucked him over by making him just "emo pretty boy".

If a protagonist has a chance of being elevated in my mind by my current playthrough, it'll be Squall as I'm playing through FFVIII (remastered) as well, given that I remember significantly less about that game as I do about VII. Though it must be said that the grindy nature of getting magic in VIII is already wearing thin on me (especially when you have to sit in boss fights for minutes at a time getting certain spells or when characters refuse to use the rare cards they have in Triple Triad and you have to challenge them over and over).

Albeit I'm definitely not going to go too crazy in VIII (like getting Lionheart in Disc 1 or shit like that) and I'm absolutely not shying away from leveling up but still, really not looking forward to the fucking card side quest and shit like that. :tiredpepe

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
the problem with this is what's the reason why sephiroth keeps calling a weaker meteor just to lose to cloud and co?

No seriously why posture over and over again when you could literally just use the best one right now.
Meteor in the OG game took 2 weeks to arrive to Gaia after it was summoned. It’s not an instant spell, though I have no clue if Rebirth changed it

We actually saw the World ending meteor in the Sephiroth Rebirht(Bizarro) fight
That I’m unsure of, since I didn’t watch that fight. I know in Remake we get a vision of the actual Meteor that’s suppose to badly damage the world and it’s the size of an entire country

Wdl8D9d_d.webp

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Cloud in the original game is a top 5 FF protagonist, like the fact that the dude is such a mentally broken basket case at the start (to where he it's unclear what is really his personality and what is just him copying Zack) and yet manages to work through that shit to become a reasonably well functioning human being by the end of the game is a top tier FF character arc.

I remembered his character arc for the most part before playing the game. The compilation seriously fucked him over by making him just "emo pretty boy".

If a protagonist has a chance of being elevated in my mind by my current playthrough, it'll be Squall as I'm playing through FFVIII (remastered) as well, given that I remember significantly less about that game as I do about VII. Though it must be said that the grindy nature of getting magic in VIII is already wearing thin on me (especially when you have to sit in boss fights for minutes at a time getting certain spells or when characters refuse to use the rare cards they have in Triple Triad and you have to challenge them over and over).

Albeit I'm definitely not going to go too crazy in VIII (like getting Lionheart in Disc 1 or shit like that) and I'm absolutely not shying away from leveling up but still, really not looking forward to the fucking card side quest and shit like that. :tiredpepe
FFVIII still one of my favorites, despite a lot of people complaining about it and its flaws :skully

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It has to be Jiraiya imo he was touching up on 12 year olds n shit. People call Sanji a pedo for shit he did in a movie while Jiraiya did it in canon.
GKnWTonaMAASkaW
Jiraya: Konan I can tell YOU'LL BE a real beauty. Come see me again when you turn 18!
Long Nose: Clearly Jiraiya is a pedophile. :facepalm

Mate he said that she WILL BE a real beauty, not that she IS ONE right now. The future tense makes a big fucking difference here. He even adds the request for her to come see him again when she's 18 (and therefore legal in most places). How the fuck does anything in this page make him a pedophile?

Sure the Naruto thing is weird as fuck but still, the form Naruto assumes when performing that Jutsu clearly isn't the form of a minor (again still weird as it is any other time Naruto causes nosebleeds because they should still know it's him and he's a 12 year old boy).

Still not sure how you get pedophile from any of this.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Well, the first game implies pretty heavily he's not trying to just "do FF7 again but win", but is instead trying to make sure he and Cloud can do the murder soulmate thing forever instead of allowing someone/thing else to "end everything"

The second game has less of this but also makes it obvious he's actively helping the party at multiple points in order to do something weird with the "baby's first multiverse" the events of the first game created, and while Aerith seemingly pulled one over on him by the end he's still in a winning position, whatever that fucking means.

So tl;dr Sephiroth is trying to do something in the background that he either can't or doesn't want to pull off without Cloud on his side, and the rest of this is either trying to manipulate Cloud to that end or the multiverse equivalent of RNG manipulation

The games are just being really obtuse about it

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
came to post this quickly, for those in the convo, almost a week now, i got brought down by a quite strong flu, with lots of the side effects, they got, from nowhere and got me off guard, currently i am still recovering (kinda better) and all, but bruh, this is tough, may Father/Jesus/Holy Spirit keep protecting all of us, across the world, cuz it could be far worse, with those mutated flus that exist, be careful lads, those weather alterations also trick a lot, stay sharp, dress good, and carry on

peace

Jiraya: Konan I can tell YOU'LL BE a real beauty. Come see me again when you turn 18!
Long Nose: Clearly Jiraiya is a pedophile. :facepalm

Mate he said that she WILL BE a real beauty, not that she IS ONE right now. The future tense makes a big fucking difference here. He even adds the request for her to come see him again when she's 18 (and therefore legal in most places). How the fuck does anything in this page make him a pedophile?

Sure the Naruto thing is weird as fuck but still, the form Naruto assumes when performing that Jutsu clearly isn't the form of a minor (again still weird as it is any other time Naruto causes nosebleeds because they should still know it's him and he's a 12 year old boy).

Still not sure how you get pedophile from any of this.

People don't know what pedophiles is... because the biggest point of pedos is that they don't want fictional kids or "the thousand year old loli" shit, they want legit kids, ACTUAL children.

So it gets even dumber when you see people saying Jiraya believes Konan will be more beautiful when she's an ADULT and think that somehow screams pedophile...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back