OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Rip Stellar Blade, Guess they either folded or Sony decided to step up and force them to censorship.

:eksipGuess Sony ethics department at it again they never learned from FF7 mistake.

Also this was the first shit I had issue with when they declared exclusivity. they basically got their hands tied to whoever exclusive they are instead of releasing their shit on almost every platform. If they went to pc, Sony wouldn't be able to force them.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Rip Stellar Blade, Guess they either folded or Sony decided to step up and force them to censorship.

:eksipGuess Sony ethics department at it again they never learned from FF7 mistake.

Also this was the first shit I had issue with when they declared exclusivity. they basically got their hands tied to whoever exclusive they are instead of releasing their shit on almost every platform. If they went to pc, Sony wouldn't be able to force them.

Damn shame Shift Up went and bent the knee at the very end.

If you own Asian developer, having your IP published by Sony is a death sentence every since Sony moved to California and got infected by liberal fairies living there

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
I mean it's a strange thing to criticize an anime duel for I know but after watching it back there. I think the issue with Judai vs Darkness is that, outside of the first couple of turns, it's pretty back and forth and evenly matched. For being the main villain, the final boss, there's never really a moment where it honestly looks like Judai's fucked or that you're questioning how the fuck he's gonna win.

As opposed to the absolute insanity that was Yusei vs Z-ONE or Yuma and Nasch vs Don Thousand where the situation seemed pretty much hopeless for the protagonists entire time. Hell team ZEXAL were desperately dodging OTK scenarios every turn pretty much and literally LOST the duel if not for lol Numeron Dragon. :maybe

Even earlier GX villains put Judai more on the backfoot than Darkness ever did here, sad but true. :kobeha
I sorta like it was more of a balanced duel, would've been cool if Darkness had more OP deck though

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

I gotta know where they pull these stats from.

“Galaxy level” Fragor

The one Fragor he ever fires in question

GLPfxkOWcAEp2Hz

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

I gotta know where they pull these stats from.

“Galaxy level” Fragor

The one Fragor he ever fires in question

GLPfxkOWcAEp2Hz

Galaxy level is from Gremmy supposedly creating a galaxy to send Kenpachi to, when all he actually did was just BFR him to space.

Because dude who needs a clone just to make a not even planet level meteor, can TOTALLY make a galaxy on a whim. :heston

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Galaxy level is from Gremmy supposedly creating a galaxy to send Kenpachi to, when all he actually did was just BFR him to space.

Because dude who needs a clone just to make a not even planet level meteor, can TOTALLY make a galaxy on a whim. :heston
Nah
Galaxy level is basically via a multiplier due to senjumaru feat and interpretation of the bleach cosmology also him vs Ywhach

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

Seeing Dartigan's Sins video on Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth, I can definitely say that holy shit, these sets of "Remakes" are fucking ass!
:risigif

I'm the type of person who doesn't care about Final Fantasy 7 as much but goddamn, the instant they didn't destroy the Sector 7 Reactor just so that they can "have their hands be clean while still being terrorists" basically fucked up so much shit in the 2nd half of the game alone.

Because of that, there's no reason for them not to kill The Turks as the notes on Advent Children had it that the party had just as much blood on their hands as Shinra did due to destroying the Reactors and causing damage and killing others through the destruction and lack of electricity from the blackouts. This gets absurd as they had Elena dead to rights multiple times and just spare her for no reason and especially the case for Reno and Rude who performed the Plate Drop... but it doesn't stop there.

They absolutely nuked Cid's character entirely by basically just turning him into a "Rogue Pilot" with absolutely nothing else to his name, not even his dream of being the first man in space, let alone his issues with Shera. Vincent somehow still showing Turk knowledge that isn't absolutely out of date for well over decades just makes Shinra look extremely incompetent and somehow, someway, they made Caith Sith's betrayal so absolutely awful.
In the original, Caith Sith does openly betray you but how does he stick with the party even then? He basically threatens Marlene's life while acting extremely cavalier about it which gave Reeve that edge of being no different while wanting to save the world on his terms(Also helps he does nothing to Marlene either). But we can't have that in Remake, so we somehow have this ludicrously retarded circlejerk where he actually feels sad that the party despises him for the betrayal because "we was friends"... which makes me wonder how the hell this dork made it in SHINRA!

I will admit I thought the GI Tribe/Black Materia retcon was dumb... but it does actually work with the explanation they gave AND actually gave some Gray and Gray Morality that FFVII once had with both the Planet and The Cetra basically being complete dicks to the GI Tribe for daring to still be around despite Earth absorbing their Planet(FFIX vibes there... no really, this is like Terra/Gaia all over again) which really makes me wonder why the fuck they made the party so squeaky clean here?!

The full dive in Multiverse Theory is stupid as shit and it actually makes Sephiroth in FFVII look absolutely stupid considering he should have known of this during his 7-10 year stint in the Lifestream and it just turns FFVII Earth into Nasuverse Earth unironically(outside of Textures... which Summons technically do already lol) and it just makes it ultra complicated for no reason. Dartigan also brought up that with Aerith doing Yuna's dance in the Temple of The Ancients, it seems all but certain that FFX and VII exists in the same Universe... which raises SO many questions if the Farplane and The Lifestream are one in the same...(Or if The Cetra are the remnants of the people in FFX's Spira).
I could technically go more and more on this but I wanted to pick the dumbest elements that I got from the video because I completely get why Rebirth sold like shit... I completely get it now.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
I do find that complaint people had about the Turks in Advent Children weird. They placed a bomb and killed a shitload of people as if we weren't doing the same shit on an albeit smaller scale :skully . Tifa and Barrett were just in it for revenge and Cloud for his next paycheck, they aren't exactly people to talk shit about others morality here:mjlol. The compilation has plenty of other things to shit on anyway.

Back