OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
I mean it was pretty obvious from the start that it was largely, if not entirely on Vince with the big issue with Reigns being inexperience and the fact that there were just better options, including but not limited to both of his fellow Shield members.
Just Roman outright stating he didn't have much of a choice in the matter

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Just Roman outright stating he didn't have much of a choice in the matter
I don't think anyone was ever in doubt of that, very few ever do have a choice in the matter.
Cody didn't choose to do Stardust, though he did make the best decision of his career when he left so he could build himself up elsewhere.

Last edited:

They are both mid, Yuji literally has nothing because Gege lost so much focus on him and Midoriya is literally the absolute worst of Naruto distilled into a single character.

I really don't know how it took people so long to get the obvious about those times he was under Vince's thumb...
It was pretty clear he was trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit but it's only so much you can do when Vince is basically tied weights on you and threw you into the ocean.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
They are both mid, Yuji literally has nothing because Gege lost so much focus on him and Midoriya is literally the absolute worst of Naruto distilled into a single character.

I really don't know how it took people so long to get the obvious about those times he was under Vince's thumb...
It was pretty clear he was trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit but it's only so much you can do when Vince is basically tied weights on you and threw you into the ocean.
Add in how green as fucking grass he was, and it was a recipe for disaster, especially with the garbage scripts. The sufferin' succotash and avalanche promos are easily some of his most cringe-inducing, and that's not getting into the several occasions he forgot his lines and awkwardly stared into the camera. Either that, or badly stuttered, like he did trying to say the word 'declare'. :kobeha

Vince DID give the okay and co-signed his heel turn, but when you look back on what it took for the old man to budge on keeping Roman face, it really sets in just how out of touch he was(as if the Cena era didn't showcase that enough) as well as stupidly stubborn to an absolute fault...

Still better than Tony Khan, though.:jordangif

To show how horrible that bar is, Mercedes Mone will not be wrestling for TWO MONTHS! This is on top of her just doing promos for the 3 WEEKS she was already signed.

Jay White? Basically the enhancement talent despite also getting massive rubs. Even Okada is basically just regulated into being the henchman of The Young Bucks.
The only person who hasn't been ruined almost immediately is Ospreay and guaranteed if Drew, for whatever reason, signs up to AEW, you can see him fade to the background too.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It really puts into perspective just how long it's been since I was actually watching wrestling seriously (Roman Reigns was either getting or had just had his first Mania main event when I stopped), when I have literally no idea who most of the names being thrown around here are.

Of course it didn't exactly help me stay informed that even when I was watching it, I pretty much exclusively watched WWF/WWE so if they weren't in that then chances are I wouldn't know them. :maybe

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Add in how green as fucking grass he was, and it was a recipe for disaster, especially with the garbage scripts. The sufferin' succotash and avalanche promos are easily some of his most cringe-inducing, and that's not getting into the several occasions he forgot his lines and awkwardly stared into the camera. Either that, or badly stuttered, like he did trying to say the word 'declare'. :kobeha

Vince DID give the okay and co-signed his heel turn, but when you look back on what it took for the old man to budge on keeping Roman face, it really sets in just how out of touch he was(as if the Cena era didn't showcase that enough) as well as stupidly stubborn to an absolute fault...

Mentioned all this in my video. We all got hints who Roman really was and they were compelling, but scripted away.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Because damn near every example they pull up is shows that had a little something called good writing to them. And if they did have some message that’d be considered woke, it’d know the nuances of how to convey it meaningfully rather than just shoving it in your face and beating it into you like the writer’s today

ece8b0a0307a5d27433081f174468b60af3e10dafe2e1c04053f88b24d8c4a0f_1.jpg

Back