OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

"So because of - insert copious techno jargon to do with lighting and shit - that is a far more likely reason characters don't look like their models in video games, rather than people deliberately making them ugly for an agenda. I mean look at Johnny from Cyberpunk, he doesn't look EXACTLY like Keanu Reeves."

He looks a damn site more like Reeves than most modern Western female characters do like their models. This also conveniently ignores examples like Kal Kestis or that Black Chick that's in everything nowadays where their characters look pretty much EXACTLY like their actors.

Like you don't even need to mention Eastern made Games to show that argument is complete and utter nonsense. They can, VERY EASILY have the characters look like the models for them, they simply CHOOSE to not do that and make them uglier on purpose, at least for female characters anyway.

Also damn when you see a video that features both Outlaws gameplay and Jedi Survivor gameplay, I know for damn sure which one I'd be more likely to play. :maybe

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
If he likes MHA, has he seen Togashi’s stuff? Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter?

For Isekai, only recents ones I’ve seen that I actually liked was Overly Cautious Hero

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Looks like they're retiring the universal title. The title has only been referred to as WWE Championship on SmackDown tonight. Fingers crossed.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Someone's probably going to go nuts with that, but Sephiroth has controlled multiple bodies as far back as the OG, and the fabric of reality was having a very bad day during the last fight.

Seph wasn't doing some True Form Darkseid impression, he was just yeeting Jenova cells across (already broken) dimensions to keep the party away from Cloud so he could 1 v 1 him. Which didn't work because Zack and Aerith are almost as clingy as Sephiroth is :skully

The entire series would collapse in an instant if someone would just teach Cloud what a restraining order is.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I mean in the Independent ending, you assassinate the NCR President, and kill its Top General, on top of a lot of its Army being lost, with the rest of its issues, while also making sure Independent Vegas has Air Superiority and a near endless line of Robots.
Now tell us how any of that actually happened and not anything else since we already see contradictions with the "fall of Shady Sands" being mentioned years before the events of NV? Not to mention that would mean that the NCR would be weakened and at worst become sort of a rump state in the shadow of it's former glory but no where near instantly wiped out.
I know you disagreed with my post, but do actually read what I said, as nothing you said contradicted anything I did. I posited Shady Sands was nuked post 2281 explictly , as that seems to be the actual event's timeframe, Shady Sands simply fell as the capital of the NCR in 2277 not it was nuked in 2277.
Except the name "Shady Sands" was changed when the NCR itself was established to just "NCR" as it is mentioned in Fallout @ where the name is just "NCR town" instead of Shady Sands and the Fallout NV guide that it was the original name of the capital, not it's current one.
From the Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition
"In 2186, the town of Shady Sands changed its name to "New California Republic" and formed a trial council government to draft a constitution. Four more settlements joined the council, and in 2189 the NCR was voted into existence as a sprawling federation of five states: Shady Sands, Los Angeles, Maxson, Hub, and Dayglow."
https://fallout.wiki/wiki/New_California_Republic_(town)#cite_note-FNVGG-4

So it even being named that is not only a contradiction, but even worse it implies the STATE of Shady Sands was nuked. The one that housed it's Capital.
Shady Sands is barely mentioned in all of Fallout New Vegas, the Boneyard/LA i s mentoned more.
Because the name was changed to just NCR. The name "Shady" was used for one of the NCR's states. The only people who still called it Shady Sands was Tandi in Fallout 2 and she was old enough to be around before the NCR was founded.
Also Fallout 4 does state that the East Coast Brotherhood of Steel has gotten back into contact with, and is helping out the West Coast Brotherhood of Steel, so if there was a Third BoS-NCR War, it would have been East Coast vs West Coast. Fallout 4 Terminals hint that the East Coast BoS has fully restored DC and Pittsburgh into functional cities entirely, and are expanding into New York and OFC Boston. So they do have a canon reason to outlast the NCR.
using Bethesda lore to somehow justify contradicting Interplay and Obsidian lore
AKxfMhF.jpg

The East Cost Brotherhood of Fallout 3 and 4 was already a contention for everyone who played the original games and them somehow having so much resources and manpower was lazy world building just as bad as how they were written to be essentially goody two shoes post apocalyptic Knights when they were more neutral isolationist technological hording quasi religious fanatics.
And you cant even bitch about that since Interplay is the one behind the Midwest BoS, the Texas BoS, the Washington BoS and the Chicago Enclave which is a weird fusion of BoS and Enclave. The BoS being the poster child was not a Bethesda lead push. The Texas Brotherhood alone is proof of that.
And guess how well either of those titles did? Badly. The fact neither Bethesda nor Obsidian treated them as canon makes my own damn point because barely anyone played Tactics, and no on liked BOS. Not like it matters because once again, the Western BOS were meant to fall away due to their overly aggressive hording and isolationist policy caused them to fall out of favor with others and begin to fall behind as others like the NCR began to bridge the technology gap. Even in Fallout 2 they were not as large as they were in 1 meaning even then they were shown to be dwindling and the direction they were going was backwards, not forwards. Not to mention the other two titles you mentioned were set before Fallout 2 further going along with my point. Having their Gary Stu Eastern Coast pals just instantly bring them back up to level with them is just like I said, Lazy world building that ignores how much that should drain their resources and manpower to support their dying Western group especially since outside of the NCR, they would have the Legion and the various tribes to deal with. It reeks of shallow storytelling.
Also it was? Its mentioned in New Vegas that the NCR is mostly preoccupied with Baja California, and the real majority of their focus is in a conflict there. Its a brief mention, but the Rangers are the ones who drop that hint.
Which one of the rangers says they are chasing "ghosts' which implies they are facing little resistance there and are just wasting troops there. This means that the NCR is spreading troops into too many territories which in the event of an independent route would mean they would logically pull back and regroup their forces to better defend themselves. Nothing close to a collapse.
The NCR was fighting a War on multiple fronts, and lost. New Vegas itself says that with an Independent Ending, unless losing a massive front, your President, the General of Your Army, and another front still going on, with possibnly more opening up from the North wouldnt be enough over 15 years.
Once again, where does it say everything in the Independent ending happened? And like I said, the NCR was mostly putting it's forces into other lands out of arrogance from it's politicians, not because they were losing, the Rangers mention how they would rather be fighting in the Mojave then in Baja.
Yeah this may still be spite, but from what Ive seen thus far, this seems to be the actual direction they are heading in. If they actually do do a full retcon when season 2 drops (which is set in New Vegas, and will probably cover some more of the history, or if more is shown in the show) then yeah I'd fully agree. But thusfar what has been shown and said that I have seen is something that does line up with Fallout Lore from New Vegas's Independent ending.
Yeah no. All I see has been contradictions and lazy reasoning that sounds more like cope from apologists that are giving more benefit of the doubt to the writers then they are to themselves. Regardless of how you try to justify it with lore reasoning, all it leads to is more BOS wank and far less interesting story opportunists because Todd Howard is to the BOS what Matt Ward is to the Ultramarines.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Unironically
MHA and isekai slop, also averse to Berserk and Jojos for some reason :wow

Otherwise he doesn't care if it's older stuff
Don't really think there'd be much for him. If he likes Isekai he might like high fantasy in general in which case

I'd recc Slayers, Sorcerer Stabber Orphen (Which has gotten a recent anime if he doesn't wanna watch the older ones), Bastard!! (Has also gotten a more recent anime)Escaflowne (an Isekai funnily enough), and Those Who Hunt Elves(also an isekai). This is imo a decent mix of both the comedic and serious. If he takes to those I'd recommend the Lodoss OVAs. The TV series is eh but not complete ass or anything but the OVAs are timeless. I'd recc pretty much anything by Mizuno tbh so Lodoss, Rune Soldier and Crystania. Scrapped Princess as a niche pick and Fushigi Yugi as a meme :maybe

Back