OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
That's the difference between Ryu and other action game protags

Dante will crack jokes with you and will let you go if you're cool
Kratos mellowed the fuck out and if you ain't going after him or Atreus he'll just wish you a good day
Ryu straight up just kills you :kobeha
Basically Rikimaru

:eksip

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Replaying Trials of Mana after 4 years in light of the new game coming out. Anyone else here play it?

@Masterblack06 Doing a Kevin playthrough. I just love how while every other character has different plays types and skills depending on the class, no matter what class you play Kevin it’s always just slightly different ways of punching the enemy. Hard.

:hestonpls

Last edited:

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
20240413_234445.jpg

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Back to working on the last chapter of Apotheosis. Working on the part that will focus on The Idea of Evil right now.

Chapter 30: Apotheosis

"Sanguinius. It should have been him. He has the vision and strength to carry us to victory, and the wisdom to rule once victory is won. For all his aloof coolness, he alone has the emperor's soul in his blood. Each of us carries part of our father within us, whether it is his hunger for battle, his psychic talent or his determination to succeed. Sanguinius holds it all. It should have been his..."

- Horus Lupercal

The Godhand was no more. I had seen to it. This world, this Earth, which I had grown to love as my own, and which I would christen as Holy Terra? This universe would know of peace. This crystal sphere? The plane I had won by conquest. There was only one stitching in my soul that had persisted throughout it all, but it would not last. It would come undone, and it would come undone because I was not satisfied with this.

The Heart of Darkness had to answer for every crime. What it had done to every person on this planet. The Sword of Damocles was hungry for retribution, it was starving for justice, and it would collect on that life. Just as it had collected on the lives of every monster. I would not be denied, and I would meet the Abyss. I would become the bane of every demon lord. The Hero of Many Faces. Then I would return, but not as myself.

No, I would be The God Emperor of Mankind.

This I had woven. The choices I had made would be what led to my damnation, but there was a chance. It was with that grievous miracle. I would leave my Golden Throne, and I would save all of them. The Imperium of Man was not lost. The road I would need to tread had revealed itself, and at the end of it? There was a home. A house I could call my own. There were people I loved who were still waiting for The Crow, The Knight Commander, and The Emperor!

They were waiting for Arlan Vorlesh, and I would be there to greet those children who meant everything to me. Whether I had to face a dozen demon lords! A hundred of them! A thousand of them! The Abyss could throw every obstacle it had at my doorstep. There was nothing that could stop the anathema. What I had become? It would lead to transience. The ephemeral would overthrow the ethereal.

This world would not be the same. It will not be eternal. That stasis which had entrapped it? It will be no more, and it will be no more because that is what I have chosen!

In the grim darkness of the far future?

There was only hope.

<<X>>​

Leman Russ had been searching for it. That which he lost. Which he had relinquished. An heirloom of the past. When he was not lost in The Warp. He had embedded it into Yggdrasil, or whatever amounted to it in this realm. The Tree of Life, and many other names besides that one. The weapon had stood by him whenever he was alone. It was family. That blade had never failed him, and whenever he was in need of it?

The sword would make itself known.

It had a name, and it was Grunbeld. There was stories that had not always been the case, and that it had another name. Only Leman Russ could say for certain. The blade had divulged all things to the primarch. The Lord of Wolves was the person that had won the loyalty of it, and from that came a bounty of knowledge. Who his father had been. When war had not consumed the galaxy as it had. The stories were hard to believe, but if there was any truth to these tales? These myths that had been shrouded in mystery and hearsay?

Dragon Slayer would be salvation.

The wound had to be unmade, and it could only be unmade, if history was rewritten. The power to do this did not exist in The Imperium of Man. It did exist in this relic.

There was only one problem.

"It is a pleasure, brother." Angronius of Nuceria, the Daemon Prince, had been given a task. This great sword had to be concealed. It could not be found again. "The Lord of Wolves has come to my lovely abode."

Yggdrasil had been desecrated. The Tree of Life made to be a monument to death. It had been decorated with the corpses of countless valkyries. These sisters of battle who stood watch over it, if only for the sake of their duty. Who had been impaled on many of the branches. They fought bravely against The Lord of the Red Sands, but it was for naught. Angron was the epitome of what it meant to embody violence. He had inherited that. It was the only thing I had ever given him, and there was no escape from the mortification I felt now.

It was all poison. That which I had bequeathed to my children? There was always a price for it. This blood was no gift, and through it they had known parts of my soul. The Warp played no part in it. These were the flaws of a mortality that was unfiltered. They had to endure all that I was. Both good and bad. Both love and fury.

The grievous miracle did not come without any consequence.

The Red Thirst, and The Black Rage. The Flaw. Sanguinius was not the only one who had to live with that insatiable compulsion. However, when The Brightest One had won against it? The Red Angel reveled in the act of lascivious barbarity. It was a comfort. When all things had been taken from him? War had come to claim him, and in the same way it had claimed Arlan Vorlesh. The Immaterium despoiled this holy land, and only for what one could claim was dreadful truculence.

This is what I was. This is what I could have been. This is what I deny now.

"Do you have anything to say? Anything at all, or will you die a mute?" The Red Angel would not hesitate. Not even against any of his siblings. "If silence is to be the last thing on your lips--"

"Only this, Angron." Leman Russ wears a condescending grin. Those fangs of his glistening, in this sacred realm which had been painted red, and left violated by the corruption of The Warp. "Do well to remember it." As if in response to this declaration? This plane began to convulse. There was a storm in the distance. The rain would wash away all of the blood.

It would purify this sin.

"I am the wind."

<<X>>​

The Heart of Darkness was born when murder was conceived. There was a brother, he held an envy, and that envy grew. He saw the love that he was denied. Envy would become hatred, and from that hatred? There came an idea. This idea would become an ambition of sorts, and from that ambition there came tragedy. The demise of the favored son, and the birth of malice.

This palpitation drew The Idea of Evil. The beat of this heart in everyone. There was no mortal who did not know of it, or who could escape it. The intimacy of this matrimony of sacrilege. This act of fratricide had become a contract. The price was not only his soul, but the soul of everyone like him. Those who had his blood. Which would be pumped in and out of every heart. Those children would prosper, and they would have children of their own. The heart would grow with every life, and those lives would nourish it. Until there was not a person on this Earth, that did not feel it, this beat.

This rhythm of frenzy.

The problem lied in the womb. That place from whence it came. Conception had led to divergence. Duality had been born. The destruction of the other? It had to be followed by the destruction of self. This was the balance.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
Congrats on your soon to come "God Empess of Mankind" that will allow genestealers and other xenos
So. God Empress of Mankind. This does several things very nicely. First, the Emperor is a Mans Man, and making him a woman flips this on its head entirely. He's even on record as saying girls are "icky" like some sort of 10 year old delinquent, and the fact that his track record for women seems to be "pleasure himself with them from time to time, then leave them to die" indicates that in his perfect world, he'd just make all men through test tubes and the female gender would be extinct. So we've forced to make the Emperor reconsider her outlook in an extreme way.

Honestly, there is stuff in here I can agree with... but then there are other things that honestly makes me wonder who wrote this and why?

For instance:

Defends corrupt system

I can agree with this but only on the barest of terms because:

That’s what Naruto did for the whole series. He’d meet a villain who’s a victim of the system (Gaara, Neji, Nagato, Obito, Sasuke), he’d defeat them and tell them to stop being angry and just find love and faith, that’s all. He’s never challenged the authorities over the practice of jinchuuriki, Hyuuga clan slavery, child solider or the uchiha massacre. He’s just defending the system the whole time.

Because he does question the issues of the Hyuuga Clan Slavery(or stated he would do something about that), the practices with the Jinchikurri are depending on the countries in charge which he can't do shit about(And even that depends on the person as The Cloud Village treated B extremely well for a Jinchikurri) and we'll talk about the Uchiha Massacre in a second.

Puts the blame on the victims, demonises rebels

Naruto’s Talk no jutsu never acknowledged the system is the root cause for the antagonists’ tragedies, he dismissed their cases by branding them as “lonely” “filled with hatred”. He reduced real political issues to personal emotional issues, he blamed the victims for being emo.

This is literally like that MHA video I could barely stomach because he's trying to add in shit that happened in real life into a fictional story and acts as if they need to be solved instantly and immediately despite it being WELL out of the protagonists ability to do anything about(How the fuck are Heroes to blame for the issues with Mutants? Isn't that the issue with Society and the Government? And no, trying to basically riot isn't going to help with that issue at all, just exacerbate it). The hell is Naruto supposed to do as Hokage to shit that's beyond any Hokage's ability to do shit about? Like yeah, him ditching the Rain Village was shitty, especially since that's supposed to be within their purview, but the fuck he's gonna do about other Villages that are doing shit that could give rise to more Nagatos, Yahikos and Konans?

Glorifies subservience to oppressive regime, undermines real families

He told his son he should endure his loneliness for the village cos he’s a shinobi. He told Sarada the village is her family. He’s indoctrinating the next generation, telling them to put the system above their real family, above themselves, and make sacrifice for the village.

Yeah, this is a genuinely stupid thing but to be frank, this was done at Kishimoto's behest as it's violently out of character for both Naruto and Sasuke to be virtual deadbeat dads as they are now.

His “empathy” is narcissistic

We’re supposed to believe he’s understanding. But he’s incapable of empathizing with people unless he sees himself in them in some ways. He often only focused on common superficial quality between himself and others (we’re both jinchuriki! we’re both uzumaki! we both want to be hokage!), and seemed uninterested in understanding experience he didn’t share. Most of his TnJ boiled down to “you’re just like me”, he’s only interested in certain parts in the antagonists’ stories cos he could turn the conversation about himself. This is not empathy.

Again, this is a problem that Kishimoto himself created because it's not even just Naruto who sees himself in others, others see NARUTO in their loved ones(Tsunade with Dan, Yahiko with Nagato and so on and so forth) which further caused the stupid shit everyone brought up.

He’s shallow, vain and has unhealthy hunger for acknowledgement

He wanted to become Hokage cos he wanted his face on the mountain, he wanted the village’s recognition and wanted to be treated as someone important. His goal and motivation were shallow. He did show some maturity in the chunin exam arc and started to see there’s more meaning to being Hokage and promised Neji he’d change the Hyuuga clan. Unfortunately, that’s just a blip, he regressed to his vain and shallow self in the war arc. He said ‘It’s the person who’s recognised who will become Hokage’, to him, Hokage is a prize and a medal to show that he’s recognized. The writing tried present his selfish and shallow reason to aspire to a leadership position in a positive light, that’s stupid.

His chief motivation in life was his thirst for recognition, he wanted it from Sasuke, from Sakura, and from the whole village. He dedicated himself to getting approval and validation from everyone, this obsession with other people’ opinion of oneself is terribly unhealthy. But unsurprisingly for this series, it’s portrayed as something positive again.

The thing about it is that it DID... for like the first arc of Naruto and then it vanished outside of Naruto bringing it up for brownie points and then completely vanished for good in Part 2.

Like there is plenty of shit correct in there but let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater and pretend Naruto's entire goal was to reshape the world because he absolutely wasn't, the problem was that Naruto's goal was originally supposed to be him validating himself and getting everyone to acknowledge him... but because Kishimoto went well and above his own ass, he ended up giving Naruto way too much shit he cannot realistically do and act as if Naruto can just fix it all because "he promised to".
Like look at this shit with the Uchiha Massacre:
He’s kept the uchiha massacre under the rug. Again, he’s not interested in facing up to truths and learning from history. He even said “cold hard facts don’t matter, only feelings matter”.

Literally state that the Uchihas was massacred because on simple suspicion(Which they did not help themselves by closing their doors when the Nine Tailed Fox went rampant), they planned on doing a COUP on the Village itself?! Or the fact we should pretend that the Uchiha aren't hard-wired to go crazy if their loved ones die or if they can't control their emotions(As seen with Sarada)?

Like this may be a manga for kids but that doesn't mean it's only JUST for kids(Which I have seen so many people miss but considering it's primarily Liberal Americans who miss that detail...) and hard truths do come out from them. There is no way to frame the Uchiha Massacre that either:

A) Has the Village not go under a massive riot due to Danzo's actions basically causing an entire clan to die off
B) The Uchiha name gets absolutely dragged under the mud considering they was going to cause a fucking Coup over mere suspicion and apparently "Not getting enough"(When they got much, much more than most Clans ever do)

So shutting up about it is the most realistic option Naruto could ever do. All of the other shit would have The Leaf Village forcibly subjugate the other Villages and provinces so atrocities under them can stop forever... is people advocating for... COLONIALISM?! In 2021?! Oh my word. People being hypocrites? Why I never(sips my cup while looking at Leftist Twitter people wanting the Middle East to "Take back Israel").
Can't even believe I'm defending Naruto of all things at this point...

Back