OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
dude if agumon isn't so iconic i'd say skull greymon would be as forgettable. people don't even remember that form at this point

:eksip black metalgreymon has been use in new digimon.
At least SkullGreymon has had more than ONE appearance, which is more than most of them can say.

Of course then GulusGammamon happened and made them all look like a fucking joke. :amazing

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It wasn’t meant as a criticism lol. What I meant was that I agreed with your point about megidramon making a dark guilmon pointless.
Ah I see, I getcha.

I was just saying I understood how someone could forget Megidramon, I do LIKE the design. It's a cool digimon, it just needs to actually get to do something one of these days other than show up and look scary.

Meanwhile Medievil Dukemon is literally just Dukemon with darker colors and yet somehow probably has way more shot of ever actually doing something, just because it looks like a Royal Knight.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
It wasn’t meant as a criticism lol. What I meant was that I agreed with your point about megidramon making a dark guilmon pointless.
megidramon should have been Guilmon's proper evolution anyway being a virus.

Gallantmon should have been vaccine/data type so that people could easily connect him as the light version of Guilmon's evolution literally has all the features of a non-virus type digimon.

:eksip specially when they introduce chaos Gallantmon.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
megidramon should have been Guilmon's proper evolution anyway being a virus.

Gallantmon should have been vaccine/data type so that people could easily connect him as the light version of Guilmon's evolution literally has all the features of a non-virus type digimon.
Well TBF that is kind of the point of Dukemon as a Royal Knight, showing that Virus Types can still be heroes, which is fine IMO.
It's the same kind of contradicting thing as Beelzebumon being a demon lord yet he's become the redeemed hero in two separate series.
:eksip specially when they introduce chaos Gallantmon.
But yeah, this was stupid.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
TBF that is kind of the point of Dukemon as a Royal Knight, showing that Virus Types can still be heroes, which is fine IMO.
It's the same kind of contradicting thing as Beelzebumon being a demon lord yet he's become the redeemed hero in two separate series.
They practically already did this with black wargreymon.
:eksip

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I dont care about wether the sub is better. FUCK THAAT VOICE

Gallantmon all the way

I don't mind Guilmon's voice and her performance as Dukemon makes up for it where she just goes full Goku with it.
Voice suits Dukemon more than it ever did Goku.
It's funny because Guilmon's Japanese voice is the same voice as Goku xd

Personally, I never liked the English dub of any of the Digimon.
They're okay, they're definitely good performances in the dubs and occasionally the gags actually get a laugh but other changes are just outright stupid like making a joke of Apocalymon.

No question that sub is better as far as Digimon is concerned.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Also the dub made some of the attacks sound really fucking cool

GLORIOUS BURST
SHIELD OF JUST
LIGHTNING JOUST
TERRA FORCE
POSITRON LASER

are dope ass fucking names

but then the Japanese comes back with fucking

EXTREME JIHAD
ALL DELETE
MEGA DEATH
GIGA DEATH
TRANSCEDENT POSITRON LASER

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Also the dub made some of the attacks sound really fucking cool

GLORIOUS BURST
SHIELD OF JUST
LIGHTNING JOUST
TERRA FORCE
POSITRON LASER

are dope ass fucking names
Glorious Burst and Positron Laser are the same attack names they have in Japanese and Terra Force/Gaia Force are pretty much interchangeable.

FINAL ELYSIAN > SHIELD OF THE JUST :amazing
but then the Japanese comes back with fucking

EXTREME JIHAD
ALL DELETE
MEGA DEATH
GIGA DEATH
TRANSCEDENT POSITRON LASER
Attack and Digimon names tend to favor Japanese more often than not IMO.
There are definitely SOME instances where the dub is better but not many.

Back