• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
GMg6yArXoAASm9b
Hey he's talking about me

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

New Batman Arkham

And it’s not on PC or any consoles, just some shitty VR system.

Why do Warner Bros and Rocksteady hate making money?

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

He'd probably say no, as despite what those pricks did to him, he did genuinely love voice-acting for those shows, and those memories only exist because of those companies, as shitty as they are. He's also too kind of a human being to be vindictive, unlike the snakes at the now dead(soon to be dead twice, once crunchyroll folds under Soyny) Funimation and Roosterteeth who are steadily getting karma for all the BS they've pulled.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
He'd probably say no, as despite what those pricks did to him, he did genuinely love voice-acting for those shows, and those memories only exist because of those companies, as shitty as they are. He's also too kind of a human being to be vindictive, unlike the snakes at the now dead(soon to be dead twice, once crunchyroll folds under Soyny) Funimation and Roosterteeth who are steadily getting karma for all the BS they've pulled.
True but I still love seeing Karma unfold in real time.

One of them, not the "real source", there is plenty I hate about Homelander just like I hate the Boys in general and it is more to do with him being a combination of tropes I hate rather then a single one. As for being "abrasive" you were making a lot of assumptions on me and why I don't like Homlander that felt really close to trying to paint me in an unfavorable and bias light that really did not sit well with me, so I obviously start to hit back against those points because doing that is really aggravating to people in general, me included.
If that's how you felt about my responses, then I apologize for coming off that way. I didn't mean to react to your points with disrespect in any way, shape, or form tbh.

We're all guilty of being biased for or against something.
In summery yes. Garth was a contentious edgy try hard from his early days to now where he would just make a lot of cringy edgy shit that was only there to shock the reader while having no other point then that. Even his humor was just gross and honestly offensive for the sake of it and nothing else. I can enjoy Dark Humor when it is well done or not too overbearing, but Garth takes it to an unbearable height where it just feels juvenile and obnoxious.
Ah okay, so you felt his style of humor veers too much into legit Aaron Seltzer & Jason Friedberg territory (or Mega Babies territory) without any substance or quality to back it up?

Makes sense I guess.
Yeah, yeah, heard it plenty before and it means jackshit because for all the dude's criticism he never bothers with most Superhero comics and only sees them as the same shit when there is not only far more variety, at least back before the current woke Era fully cut down on almost any creativity in the genre, but his "grounded" stories are themselves repetitive and honestly more outdated then the Super Heroes he hates. He acts like only Superman, WW, and Batman deserve respect yet they were far from original, at least Bats and Supes, since plenty of Comic Book heroes preceded even them, and his obsession with the Punisher just makes him look like a one note writer who can only write dark edgy "grounded" people and sucks with almost anything else.
Well interesting. So you believe his "grounded" stories are even worse. Yeah never been a fan of things that are TOO grounded myself in places where I expect more action, intensity, and wonder if not more bright colors to boot.

I also find it kinda cool that you seem to acknowledge there are plenty of comic book heroes that predated the DC Trinity. Those dudes seem pretty underrated. In truth, I would actually be nothing short of pretty fucking amazed and fascinated with the idea or the thought of seeing a comic superhero with superpowers that would make them essentially the Superman and Wonder Woman before Superman and Wonder Woman themselves.

It's lip service that if anything is crying about how they should be more supportive of BLM, like burning down buildings and attacking people like the crowds in support of our dear Saint Floyd, then any real criticism of the other side. MSM is wholly left and only ever goes "neutral" at best when showing the other side. Not gonna bother anymore with this because Politics is a big no-no in this thread.
Yeah I get you. I still like to stick to my interpretation that the show is simply satirizing the state of contemporary American politics whether it's candidates in elections OR the endless culture wars in the most cynical and offbeat ways possible...

Even if I may lean in a slightly opposite direction of you and mostly everyone here in terms of the political spectrum, I can understand where you're coming from and respect your right to those beliefs, no matter how much I may disagree with them otherwise.

And as for the last part, I will respect your wishes. We're all just here to chill and have a nice time sharing different opinions and perspectives, dunking on people/characters/things we all may find cringe together like good sports, and showing appreciation and enthusiasm for whatever fictional series/characters or things we may all like in common at the end of the day.

:LOS

Last edited:
If you’re used to capeshit, then you’d be aware of the fact that Homelander and this subversion isn’t really anything new.

Plutonian does what TV Homelander does better, some would argue.

Squaderon Supreme Hyperion, Miracle Man/Kid Miracle Man, Justice Lords, even fuckin Superboy Prime

Genuinly done to death when it comes to comics.
View attachment 1508
Fascinating.

What did the dude just do? Blow up the nurse's head with words?

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
The character in the screenshot is Kid Miracleman, so he probably punched it off considering his powerset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back