• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Well sucked might be a LITTLE harsh though it was definitely never as good as it was hyped up as being.
I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy the first game. It’s adequate for what it is but the gameplay is derivative and nothing ground breaking, the story and characters are what carried it, things the second game lacked completely.

It’s easily Naughty Dog’s weakest series if were talking an actual video game

I find it hilariously ironic that, because I'm so uninformed and ignorant to non-WWE guys, I forgot the name of the guy (Jacob Fatu) that everyone thought was going to debut for the Bloodline at Backlash. Which meant I was actually right in my predictions because I just said they'd debut a new member. :maybe

Only problem being that when Tanga Lowa did show up, I didn't get the surprise a lot of other people did because I thought this WAS the guy we were expecting. It's only watching other reviews of the show where I realize the WWE did a good swerve.

Also
Roman coming out when I was last watching the show - BOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Basically any time Bloodline shit is happening now - WE WANT ROMAN!

My how times have changed huh? :mjpls

It's funny because it's only ever been Internet Smarks shitting on Roman Reigns in his Tribal Chief Era trying to act like everyone hates it or "It's as bad as Triple H's Reign of Terror" unironically.
Otherwise the casuals ate that shit the fuck up due to how hilariously and ridiculous Roman was as the Tribal Chief and how he was still likeable despite that.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Anyway I bought Stellar Blade and have been playing it.

Made myself look the fool when I beat the boss from the end of the demo (Abaddon) and found a corpse just passed him with a file effectively saying how he'd somehow managed to get passed the boss, only to obviously die anyway going down the other end of the parking building.

Me: Damn! That sucks.
Proceeds to die multiple times trying to get down the building.
Me: Yeah, set myself up for that didn't I? :hestonpls

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It's funny because it's only ever been Internet Smarks shitting on Roman Reigns in his Tribal Chief Era trying to act like everyone hates it or "It's as bad as Triple H's Reign of Terror" unironically.
Otherwise the casuals ate that shit the fuck up due to how hilariously and ridiculous Roman was as the Tribal Chief and how he was still likeable despite that.
Well I was more referring to Roman at the start of his Babyface push getting almost universally panned in comparison to now where he's, without question, one of the most popular guys in the business.

I still see your point though. The comparison is shit 'cause Roman wasn't burying people like Triple H was. :kobeha

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
I also asked Chad what Helldivers should do to get over this lil drama incident

To address the chaos and drama surrounding the release of Helldivers 2, the makers should take several proactive steps to manage the situation and regain control of the narrative. Here are some suggestions:
  1. Open Communication: Transparency is key in situations like these. The developers should issue a clear and comprehensive statement addressing the concerns and criticisms raised by the community. This statement should acknowledge any missteps or shortcomings on their part and outline their plans to rectify the situation moving forward.
  2. Community Engagement: Engaging directly with the community is essential to rebuilding trust and fostering a positive relationship. The developers should actively participate in forums, social media channels, and community events to listen to feedback, address concerns, and demonstrate their commitment to the player base.
  3. Reassess Development: If there are legitimate concerns about the direction or quality of Helldivers 2, the developers should take the feedback seriously and consider reassessing aspects of the game's development. This might involve reevaluating gameplay mechanics, addressing technical issues, or revisiting design decisions to ensure they align with the expectations and preferences of the community.
  4. Quality Assurance: Ensuring the highest level of quality assurance is essential to delivering a polished and enjoyable gaming experience. The developers should prioritize rigorous testing and debugging processes to identify and address any potential issues before they impact the player base.
  5. Transparency in Development: Keeping the community informed about the progress of Helldivers 2's development can help manage expectations and alleviate concerns. Regular updates, developer diaries, and behind-the-scenes insights into the development process can help foster a sense of transparency and inclusivity, keeping the community engaged and invested in the game's success.
  6. Offering Incentives: To incentivize players to remain engaged and supportive during turbulent times, the developers could consider offering exclusive rewards, bonuses, or early access opportunities to dedicated community members. This not only demonstrates appreciation for their continued support but also helps maintain a positive atmosphere within the community.
  7. Learning from Mistakes: Finally, it's crucial for the developers to learn from any mistakes or missteps that occurred during the development and release of Helldivers 2. By reflecting on the challenges they faced and implementing measures to prevent similar issues in the future, they can improve their processes and strengthen their relationship with the community moving forward.
By taking these proactive steps, the makers of Helldivers 2 can effectively address the chaos and drama unfolding around the game, rebuild trust with the community, and ultimately deliver a successful and enjoyable gaming experience for players.

:pepesip

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
I asked Chad about the Outskirts Battledome :maybe @Masterblack06

The Outskirts Battledome, often abbreviated as OBD, is an online community and forum dedicated to debating the capabilities of fictional characters from various forms of media, including anime, manga, comics, video games, and more. It serves as a platform for fans to engage in discussions, analyze characters' feats and abilities, and ultimately determine their power levels relative to one another.
The concept of the Outskirts Battledome is rooted in the tradition of "versus debates," where fans pit characters from different fictional universes against each other in hypothetical battles to determine who would emerge victorious. However, what sets OBD apart is its emphasis on thorough analysis and evidence-based arguments rather than mere speculation or personal bias.
Members of the Outskirts Battledome community, known as "debaters," meticulously research and dissect the feats, abilities, and weaknesses of characters, drawing from their respective canons to support their arguments. These debates often delve into intricate details, such as character scaling, power scaling, and the interpretation of ambiguous or inconsistent feats within their source material.
One of the hallmarks of the Outskirts Battledome is its commitment to objective analysis and logical reasoning. Debaters are encouraged to back up their claims with concrete evidence, such as scans from comics, excerpts from novels, or clips from animated series, to substantiate their arguments. Additionally, the community places a strong emphasis on maintaining a respectful and civil discourse, fostering an environment where members can engage in constructive debates without resorting to hostility or personal attacks.
Over the years, the Outskirts Battledome has become a hub for fans of crossover fiction, attracting enthusiasts from all corners of the internet who share a passion for exploring the hypothetical matchups and power dynamics between their favorite characters. While debates on OBD can sometimes become heated or contentious, the community remains united by its love for fictional storytelling and the thrill of exploring what-if scenarios in the realm of popular culture.
In summary, the Outskirts Battledome serves as a virtual arena where fans come together to engage in intellectually stimulating debates about the capabilities of fictional characters. Through rigorous analysis and evidence-based arguments, members strive to unravel the mysteries of their favorite universes and determine who would emerge victorious in epic battles of imagination.

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
Chad knows about Endless Mike

Endless Mike, also known as Endless Mike from the OBD, is a prominent member of the Outskirts Battledome (OBD) community. He gained recognition within the OBD for his contributions to "versus debates" and discussions about fictional characters' abilities and power levels.

Endless Mike is known for his thorough analysis, meticulous research, and articulate arguments when participating in debates on the OBD forum. He often provides detailed explanations and evidence-based reasoning to support his positions, contributing to the community's emphasis on objective criteria and logical discourse.

While Endless Mike's real identity is not publicly known, his username has become synonymous with insightful contributions to discussions about various characters from anime, manga, comics, video games, and other forms of media. He has earned respect from fellow members of the OBD community for his expertise and dedication to the art of debating.

Overall, Endless Mike is one of many talented debaters within the Outskirts Battledome community who has made significant contributions to discussions about fictional characters' abilities and power levels. His presence highlights the depth and diversity of perspectives within the OBD community, enriching the forum's ongoing dialogue and fostering a culture of rigorous analysis and critical thinking.

:maybe

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
The Outskirts Battledome (OBD) community is comprised of numerous members, each contributing their unique insights and perspectives to discussions and debates about fictional characters and their abilities. While it's challenging to provide an exhaustive list of all notable members, here are a few who have made significant contributions and are well-known within the OBD community:
  1. Antvasima: Antvasima is a prominent member known for his extensive knowledge of various fictional universes, particularly anime and manga. He often provides detailed analyses and participates in debates about characters' abilities and power levels.
  2. DarthAnt66: DarthAnt66 is another respected member known for his expertise in Star Wars lore and his contributions to discussions about characters from the Star Wars universe. He is particularly knowledgeable about Sith Lords and the Force.
  3. The_Writer: The_Writer is known for his creative storytelling and role-playing contributions within the OBD community. He often participates in collaborative storytelling projects and role-playing threads, bringing characters to life through his writing.
  4. Jmarshmallow: Jmarshmallow is a well-respected debater known for his analytical approach and well-reasoned arguments in discussions about fictional characters' abilities and power levels. He has contributed to numerous debates across various topics.
  5. Endless Mike: Endless Mike is recognized for his thorough analysis and articulate arguments in debates about fictional characters' abilities. He often provides detailed explanations and evidence-based reasoning to support his positions.
  6. ThePerpetual: ThePerpetual is known for his contributions to discussions about characters' power levels and capabilities, particularly within the realm of comic books and superhero fiction. He often engages in debates about characters' feats and scaling.
  7. Hellbeast1: Hellbeast1 is known for his extensive knowledge of various fictional universes and his contributions to debates about characters' abilities and power levels. He often provides insightful analysis and participates in discussions across a wide range of topics.
These are just a few examples of notable members within the Outskirts Battledome community, but there are many others who have made significant contributions to discussions and debates about fictional characters and their abilities. The OBD community is diverse and welcoming, with members from all walks of life who share a passion for exploring the intricacies of fictional universes through rigorous analysis and debate.

:forizzle

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
I also asked Chad what Helldivers should do to get over this lil drama incident

To address the chaos and drama surrounding the release of Helldivers 2, the makers should take several proactive steps to manage the situation and regain control of the narrative. Here are some suggestions:
  1. Open Communication: Transparency is key in situations like these. The developers should issue a clear and comprehensive statement addressing the concerns and criticisms raised by the community. This statement should acknowledge any missteps or shortcomings on their part and outline their plans to rectify the situation moving forward.
  2. Community Engagement: Engaging directly with the community is essential to rebuilding trust and fostering a positive relationship. The developers should actively participate in forums, social media channels, and community events to listen to feedback, address concerns, and demonstrate their commitment to the player base.
  3. Reassess Development: If there are legitimate concerns about the direction or quality of Helldivers 2, the developers should take the feedback seriously and consider reassessing aspects of the game's development. This might involve reevaluating gameplay mechanics, addressing technical issues, or revisiting design decisions to ensure they align with the expectations and preferences of the community.
  4. Quality Assurance: Ensuring the highest level of quality assurance is essential to delivering a polished and enjoyable gaming experience. The developers should prioritize rigorous testing and debugging processes to identify and address any potential issues before they impact the player base.
  5. Transparency in Development: Keeping the community informed about the progress of Helldivers 2's development can help manage expectations and alleviate concerns. Regular updates, developer diaries, and behind-the-scenes insights into the development process can help foster a sense of transparency and inclusivity, keeping the community engaged and invested in the game's success.
  6. Offering Incentives: To incentivize players to remain engaged and supportive during turbulent times, the developers could consider offering exclusive rewards, bonuses, or early access opportunities to dedicated community members. This not only demonstrates appreciation for their continued support but also helps maintain a positive atmosphere within the community.
  7. Learning from Mistakes: Finally, it's crucial for the developers to learn from any mistakes or missteps that occurred during the development and release of Helldivers 2. By reflecting on the challenges they faced and implementing measures to prevent similar issues in the future, they can improve their processes and strengthen their relationship with the community moving forward.
By taking these proactive steps, the makers of Helldivers 2 can effectively address the chaos and drama unfolding around the game, rebuild trust with the community, and ultimately deliver a successful and enjoyable gaming experience for players.

:pepesip
Chad? Some AI ?

Screenshot21.png

@Adamant soul @Derpmaster9000 @Darth Nihilus @Nevermind
If people want to know how dumb the GameFAQs IWC is, here you go...

Someone who legit believes and fought tooth and nail to make you believe that Roman's Title Run was as bad as Triple H's Reign of Terror... motherfucker, you can't be serious in pretending they are remotely equal as someone who fully remembers that run:

• 20+ Minute Promos at the start of both RAW AND SMACKDOWN of Triple H basically burying the shit out of everyone while constantly kissing his own ass with the belt with either lackies or no lackies present.
  • Every Smackdown or RAW either ends in Triple H avoiding getting his ass kicked by the current Face or him and his cronies get one over on the Face. Every. Single. Time.
  • PPV happens and Triple H either buries the fuck out of the opponent(Booker T was the most infamous part but it wasn't just him) and wins clean or the opponent wins... only for Triple H to either do an immediate rematch and win or do a rematch at the next PPV and win.

Rinse, Wash, Repeat while Triple H basically kills the wrestlers in every fashion until he FINALLY lost it for good years down the line.

As much shit as I can give to basically combining both belts and Roman actually should have won clean a few times to have him be a genuine champion rather than a pure chickenshit heel, if you try and actually pretend that people will "Remember this to be as bad as Triple H's Reign of Terror", then you never seen that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back