• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #49: I RECEIVE YOU

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Especially since Triple H is the boss now and it'd be like a full culmination of everything they've been through so far. Then again when I think about it, that sounds good enough to be a Wrestlemania match card for next year. But they'd have to process that shit out right. If Gunther does win, it will probably be a dirty win against Randy. Nothing clean. That's just one of my predictions.
Hey I ain't against Randy winning, especially with how they're emphasising that King of the Ring is pretty much the only thing he's never won, I'm just typically more in favour of building up the younger guys. But yeah Gunther definitely isn't going over clean when he already needed interference against Sheamus in Round 1.
So if they are gonna do Cody vs Randy, they gotta build that up so we can see a real deal Heel Orton like you've said :maybe
Agreed and I could see it for Mania if they're going to be doing Rock vs Roman (as opposed to Rock vs Cody) as a cap off to the inevitable Bloodline Civil War that's coming, though I hope Cody vs Randy is for the title.

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
Hey I ain't against Randy winning, especially with how they're emphasising that King of the Ring is pretty much the only thing he's never won, I'm just typically more in favour of building up the younger guys. But yeah Gunther definitely isn't going over clean when he already needed interference against Sheamus in Round 1.

Agreed and I could see it for Mania if they're going to be doing Rock vs Roman (as opposed to Rock vs Cody) as a cap off to the inevitable Bloodline Civil War that's coming, though I hope Cody vs Randy is for the title.

I don't even see Rock vs Roman happening now. I see Roman with the Rock as the Tribal Chief of the Bloodline vs Solo and the New Line. They're really on the Dynasty shit nowadays and it shows. Now bring lil Teddy Jr. back too once the lawsuits and court cases are over :maybe

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Nah we don't need to start holding people accountable for the actions of others unless he's directly calling for people to take action.
If the other dude doxed the other which led to this incident then yes, he is directly calling people into action. If he did not and it was just his fans doing it themselves then he still needs to come out and call off this bullshit because they are still doing it for him and are acting like fanatical zealots when they start attacking other people over mundane shit.
It doesn't help Gordo's being a bit disingenious by claiming Kendrick "doxxed" him. He used a publically available image of his mansion as cover art with some emojis and the fact that Drake has beef with a lot of different people no one knows whos performing tje attacks
If' that's true then sure it makes them less guilty, but if it turns out to be fans of the Ken guy then he better call his fans off at the least because just being silent after your own fanbase start attacking people might as well be condoning. If they start attacking anyway then at least he can make it known he asked for nothing like this and that makes those shithead fans the only ones responsible.
That said he should condemn the attacks but considering rap is a genre built on violence most rappers who've created an image of being from the streets are going to be reluctant to do so.
And that just goes with my point. Celebrity shit like this where you have to build yourself on being a violent thug, even when most don't have the balls to be one for real, is a cancerous genre and when it leads to you being silent when your fans are attacking people it stops being just a nuisance and turns into a public danger. Shit like this needs to be called out and treated like the garbage over glorification of criminals it is more often.

Cubey

The Formality
Anyone know any good comics featuring African mythology??? No black panther pls, that’s become blaxploitation.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
He was literally putting a gatling gun on a dead body like he was a Terminid swarm @Uoruk

EsLD6hl.gif

If the other dude doxed the other which led to this incident then yes, he is directly calling people into action.
Depends. Posting something everyone can find isn't a call to action. Now if they started posting photos/videos and specifics about something that only someone close to the potential victim would know then yes, at that point you're actively tring to cause harm/dismay

If he did not and it was just his fans doing it themselves then he still needs to come out and call off this bullshit because they are still doing it for him and are acting like fanatical zealots when they start attacking other people over mundane shit.
Which is probably not gonna happen. It's sad but that is the nature of rap culture

If' that's true then sure it makes them less guilty, but if it turns out to be fans of the Ken guy then he better call his fans off at the least because just being silent after your own fanbase start attacking people might as well be condoning. If they start attacking anyway then at least he can make it known he asked for nothing like this and that makes those shithead fans the only ones responsible.

And that just goes with my point. Celebrity shit like this where you have to build yourself on being a violent thug, even when most don't have the balls to be one for real, is a cancerous genre and when it leads to you being silent when your fans are attacking people it stops being just a nuisance and turns into a public danger. Shit like this needs to be called out and treated like the garbage over glorification of criminals it is more often.
Yes, unfortunately rap as a genre is popular precisely because it glorifies the most negative aspects of our culture. Originally it started out as a counter culture like any other but over time the criminal aspect of the music is what came into prominence. This was exacerbated by the gang politics that have always been closely associated with the genre. Hell, there's even an entire sub genre of rap almost as popular as the main stream called "Drill" that cranks the violence and gang politics up to 11. For example...

This entire song is just listing off the names of and how many how many people they've killed on the otherside

Now you have artists that are legit just playing a role (which is what Kendrick and a lot of others a saying Drake is doing ) and they come out and say so usually off jump. Bow Wow,Nelly, ect. They usually tend not to rap about gun, drugs and violence as much and fans are perfectly fine with it. The problem comes when you aren't upfront about it. When Fans find out you aren't what you've been claiming to be it amounts to career suicide.

All this to say that it's highly unlikely you'll ever hear a rapper condemn violence especially if they claim the streets as origin and until it somehow gets less popular it's unlikely to change. Equally unfortunate because this music influences the young who take it as more than music and use it as inspiration. Whether thats to becomes artists themselves or....

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Nah we don't need to start holding people accountable for the actions of others unless he's directly calling for people to take action. It doesn't help Gordo's being a bit disingenious by claiming Kendrick "doxxed" him. He used a publically available image of his mansion as cover art with some emojis and the fact that Drake has beef with a lot of different people no one knows whos performing tje attacks
Obviously Drake’s address is public, doesn’t change the fact Kendrick made it more known to people. No one is googling Drake’s mansion on their free time unless someone made it known to a wide group of people

Those weren’t emojis either, those were sex offender symbols. It’s just a dumb way to attack Drake and call him a pedo

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So his doxxing was

A public picture of the house editted with some symbols

Thanks for proving my point

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
New Mha chapter is just people Cheering for Izuku while he runs and punches Afo. That's about it unless you actually care about Class A doing support shit while Cheering him on for the 50th time. Cause we've clearly been given reason to care about these guys as true companions right :mjlol . If that's it then that was a lame as hell final fight. Shiggy already got all his hate removed so that's not a factor anymore.

We're just left with Afo combining all his quirks to a full release which would have helped earlier on. And the US heroes being sent to Japan but since the worldbuilding of this series is ass I don't give a shit about other countries. This series doesn't deserve Koichi if he shows up anyway:wow. Leave the actual good version of what Izuku's character could have been alone :catcry.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Not the first time Drake has one of his homes or places of business shot up

He lost a friend a few years because of it so you can't really say that unless we got evidence of that being a catalyst

Gotta interrogate the culprit first
Tru tru

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
EsLD6hl.gif

Depends. Posting something everyone can find isn't a call to action. Now if they started posting photos/videos and specifics about something that only someone close to the potential victim would know then yes, at that point you're actively tring to cause harm/dismay

Which is probably not gonna happen. It's sad but that is the nature of rap culture

Yes, unfortunately rap as a genre is popular precisely because it glorifies the most negative aspects of our culture. Originally it started out as a counter culture like any other but over time the criminal aspect of the music is what came into prominence. This was exacerbated by the gang politics that have always been closely associated with the genre. Hell, there's even an entire sub genre of rap almost as popular as the main stream called "Drill" that cranks the violence and gang politics up to 11. For example...

This entire song is just listing off the names of and how many how many people they've killed on the otherside

Now you have artists that are legit just playing a role (which is what Kendrick and a lot of others a saying Drake is doing ) and they come out and say so usually off jump. Bow Wow,Nelly, ect. They usually tend not to rap about gun, drugs and violence as much and fans are perfectly fine with it. The problem comes when you aren't upfront about it. When Fans find out you aren't what you've been claiming to be it amounts to career suicide.

All this to say that it's highly unlikely you'll ever hear a rapper condemn violence especially if they claim the streets as origin and until it somehow gets less popular it's unlikely to change. Equally unfortunate because this music influences the young who take it as more than music and use it as inspiration. Whether thats to becomes artists themselves or....

If it's that fucking bad it needs to start being seen as call to violence and crime and have the people in the industry treated as suspects to crime and even arrested if this shit actually contributes to real life crime. If they want to be seen as gangsters, then treat them as such, they have no one but themselves and their genre to blame if they start facing actual criminal lawsuits for it. But this is modern America so it won't happen because all the whiny "social justice advocates" and other race related organizations will start crying about "muh systemic racism" and the people in charge are either too pussy to get serious or they side with the criminals.

Back