• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #49: I RECEIVE YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Masterblack06 @Adamant soul @DestinyDestroyer @Cubey

Already, people are coming up with impossible to break boards and even effective FTKs with the new XYZ cards. It’s that damn Fiendsmith theme that puts them over the edge.

I swear, this is going to get Beatrice Lady of Eternal banned for sure.

This will easily be one of the best Duelist packs we got in a while. My only complaint is once more, I bought cards of an anime theme that I was certain would be picked here, Star Seraphs. Who saw Konami choosing Misael’s Tachyon Galaxy over Durbe?

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
@Masterblack06 @Adamant soul @DestinyDestroyer @Cubey

Already, people are coming up with impossible to break boards and even effective FTKs with the new XYZ cards. It’s that damn Fiendsmith theme that puts them over the edge.

I swear, this is going to get Beatrice Lady of Eternal banned for sure.

This will easily be one of the best Duelist packs we got in a while. My only complaint is once more, I bought cards of an anime theme that I was certain would be picked here, Star Seraphs. Who saw Konami choosing Misael’s Tachyon Galaxy over Durbe?

The new XYZ is legit nice yeh

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The new XYZ is legit nice yeh
Broken beyond belief more like it. Though I’d argue Beatrice + Fiendsmith are the more problematic cards.
Kind of seems like a reasonable assumption to make actually, given how popular Galaxy Eyes in general is. 🤷‍♂️
True but Mizael didn’t even really have a deck beyond his Xyz monsters. He was kind of like V where he just ran a bunch of generic monsters to bring out his Boss monster.

Durbe not only had a theme tied in with his deck but it even got amazing Legacy support back in 2014 that even saw competitive play in the OCG so there was more to work with.

Also, Star Seraphs were a Structure Deck candidate, meaning Konami likely has already a few new cards designed for them

Not that I’m complaining with how good the themes all are.

What really made me feel robbed was preemptively buying a ton of Gouki cards expecting them to be picked for the Earth Duelist pack, instead we got three awful themes. One poorly designed theme, the Ishizu cards that were made to be abused in other decks and the other two themes being straight cheeks. Who the fuck asked for more Amazoness?

Earth theme was so shit, the TCG didn’t even bother releasing it. The only worthwhile cards, Ishizu Earth Fairy theme, were dumped into Magnificent Mavens to be sold as shiny Ultras

The Morphtronics and Amazoness were dumped as Common pack filler in core sets

Regular Galaxy Eyes unironically got their starter with Schwarzschild Infinity

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Regular Galaxy Eyes unoironically got their starter with Schwarzschild Infinity
Mizael’s new support was obviously made to used in tandem with other Dragon themes.

Photon Galaxy is a no brainer, especially with Dragluxion supporting both Tachyon and Photon Galaxy

The new Light and Darkness Dragon theme coming out also works rather nicely with Tachyon and a small Bystial engine too

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
image.png

@OtherGalaxy :mjlol

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Europe in general is fucked with the way things are going there. Fucking Satanist pedophiles running those countries
Doubt this will pass in Ireland, given it's more clear than ever that my people, more and more, have had enough with the government's and elites bullshit, so they ain't trying it here, unless they're insanely stupid.(which they are, but not to that extent)

Could see it passing in Scotland, because they're beyond fucked, and possibly in Britain as well, though the latter might get some actual pushback. At least, I hope it will, anyway. No love for the British, but they can't be that pathetic as a collective, to let this shit happen, while rolling over.

As for Germany... At the rate they're going, we're going to see a new Hitler rise, because of this. All the pieces are in place now for a type like his to rise to power, with all the discontent(though, funnily enough, Hitler 2.0 in this case, might be on the other side of the political spectrum from the Austrian painter. Still likely to be a tyrant, though, so Germany has another fun future ahead of it, where history rhymes.) :wow

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

The amount of Asta wank and Shiki downplay. Even before this final arc, Shiki negs the entire Black Clover verse with feats like Ziggy crushing an entire planet with a wave of his hand or Witch being able to raise a shield strong to withstand thousands of planet destroying anti-matter bombs going off at once.

And those anti-matter bombs? Shiki in an alternate future survived that shit blowing up on him, albeit barely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back