• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #50: outskirts nakama dome

p8m1gy0rkd6d1.jpeg

I hate the fact Harada is right here... but he's fucking right.
There's no point in even trying for a DOA Collab if Koei Tecmo doesn't give a fuck about the franchise past gacha which is a fucking shame for real. And the way they come off, DOA and Ninja Gaiden might as well be dead to them.

The Capcom survey results are in. The sections have been divided between JP/Worldwide and Male/Female preferences and, hoooo boy, it's absolutely CUHRAZEE:

DMC5 was voted as everyone's most favourite game, with Dino Crisis coming in 2nd place, Okami in 5th and BOF III in 10th. I definetly wasn't expecting that. Japan voted for DMC5 as well, but also hasn't forgotten the MM Legends series (And neither have I, Capshit), coming in 8th place

Dante was voted as everybody's favourite Capcom character, with Leon coming in 2nd and MMX in 3rd. In Japan, Dante still won, but Wright came in 2nd, Leon in 3rd, Amaterasu from Okami in 4th and Lan Hikari from MM Battle Network in 9th.

Female audiences REALLY liked Okami, as Ammy was the 4th most voted character among girls, while Strider Hiryu is popular among old men starting from 50 and avobe (My man, Bass.EXE, came in 40th place. Goddammit)

Jill Valentine was the most voted female character around the world, with Regina coming in 2nd, Claire in 3rd and Juri in 7th. In contrast, Chun-Li remains as popular as ever in Japan, with Jill coming in 2nd, Maya Fey in 3rd and, to everybody's surprise, BOF II Nina (a.k.a best Nina) came in 6th and Sonia Strumm from MM Starforce in 10th

Here are the juicy details: Dino Crisis was the most voted franchise that is in desperate need of a revival, with MM coming in 2nd, DMC in 3rd, RE in 4th (dunno why they put RE, as there will always be a new game in the works) and Darkstalkers in 5th!! (Great job, DS community. Your voices have been heard and I'm proud of all of you!)

As a final comment, the most voiced complaint was: "Bring back old I.Ps!". So we can fully expect a revival of the Dino Crisis series in the years to come

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon

The Capcom survey results are in. The sections have been divided between JP and the rest of the world and Male and Female preferences and, hoooo boy, it's absolutely CUHRAZEE:

DMC5 was voted as everyone's most favourite game, with Dino Crisis coming in 2nd place, Okami in 5th and BOF III in 10th. I definetly wasn't expecting that. Japan voted for DMC5 as well, but also hasn't forgotten the MM Legends series (And neither have I, Capshit), coming in 8th place

Dante was voted as everybody's favourite Capcom character, with Leon coming in 2nd and MMX in 3rd. In Japan, Dante still won, but Wright came in 2nd, Leon in 3rd, Amaterasu from Okami in 4th and Lan Hikari from MM Battle Network in 9th.

Female audiences REALLY liked Okami, as Ammy was the 4th most voted character among girls, while Strider Hiryu is popular among old men starting from 50 and avobe (My man, Bass.EXE, came in 40th place. Goddammit)

Jill Valentine was the most voted female character around the world, with Regina coming in 2nd, Claire in 3rd and Juri in 7th. In contrast, Chun-Li remains as popular as ever in Japan, with Jill coming in 2nd, Maya Fey in 3rd and, to everybody's surprise, BOF II Nina (a.k.a best Nina) came in 6th and Sonia Strumm from MM Starforce in 10th

Here are the juicy details: Dino Crisis was the most voted franchise that is in desperate need of a revival, with MM coming in 2nd, DMC in 3rd, RE in 4th (dunno why they put RE, as there will always be a new game in the works) and Darkstalkers in 5th!! Great job, DS community. Your voices have been heard and I'm proud of all of you!

As a final comment, the most voiced complaint was: "Bring back old I.Ps!". So we can fully expect a revival of the Dino Crisis series in the years to come

HERE IT COMES

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member

The Capcom survey results are in. The sections have been divided between JP/Worldwide and Male/Female preferences and, hoooo boy, it's absolutely CUHRAZEE:

Here are the juicy details: Dino Crisis was the most voted franchise that is in desperate need of a revival, with MM coming in 2nd, DMC in 3rd, RE in 4th (dunno why they put RE, as there will always be a new game in the works) and Darkstalkers in 5th!! (Great job, DS community. Your voices have been heard and I'm proud of all of you!)

I hope they dont touch breath of fire, they already ruined it once i dont want it to get ruined more

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

Might as well write your own script, then, to prepare for the stories the game will let you make.

I'm gonna be stanning Hit and giving him the shit I believe he deserves, over what he got. :mjlol

For real, though, I will play a few matches with you on the game. Mostly for fun, but there will be some healthy competition thrown in there. Some playful shit-talking too, because that's just how it is. We're just having a good time.:mshad

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
Might as well write your own script, then, to prepare for the stories the game will let you make.

I'm gonna be stanning Hit and giving him the shit I believe he deserves, over what he got. :mjlol

For real, though, I will play a few matches with you on the game. Mostly for fun, but there will be some healthy competition thrown in there. Some playful shit-talking too, because that's just how it is. We're just having a good time.:mshad

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
AEW mind explaining what exactly is the point of having a PPV where the appeal is to bring in NJPW guys to wrestle against yours but then have the main event be between two AEW guys?

Obviously I understand that Will made his name in Japan, which is probably the justification but considering he JUST won a mid-card title, why is he already getting a shot at the world title? Now you either need to end Will's undefeated streak OR make him a double champion which pretty much never goes well in the long run.

Though I suppose that's what happens when you prioritize good matches over storytelling, which isn't strictly a bad thing but I'm just never going to get as invested in it. At least Tetsuya vs Moxley has the element of Tetsuya trying to redeem himself for losing the belt to Moxley in the first place and trying to get it back so inherently I'm more interested in that than the actual AEW title match.

Back