• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #50: outskirts nakama dome

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The irony is that... he's right.
Kratos never truly grew in any God of War game until 2018's "attempt" at doing so. To say Kratos grew is basically missing the forest for the trees. That's the tragedy of Kratos:

He never became a better person till it was WAAAAY too late for that and Greece paid the price and even him giving back "Hope" to the world is not even seen as a good thing but a final, spiteful fuck you to Athena for putting him on this path.
It's why I laugh at people who think Kratos has any real emotional depth because he doesn't and the 2018 and Ragnarok's "attempt" is basically turning him into a cuck that ran away from the shit he did, created a whole ass new family and learned nothing while pretending he suddenly changed. That's not fucking depth, that's character assassination.
Kratos had a character arc in the first game, they just retconned it because the story was one and done in GoW1 but fans wanted more

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Backlash > NXT Battleground > King and Queen of the Ring

General match quality means I have to give Battleground the nod over King and Queen of the Ring though I will say that the 6 women ladder match for the Women's North American title was a big disappointment. It was too short, didn't really have enough ladder spots and even the finish seemed kind of rushed.

When a tag title match you hardly spent any time setting up (especially given how WWE treats tag titles right now) is FAR better than the Ladder Match you spent BY FAR the most amount of time last month building up to, you fucked up. The ladder match was at least better than the Underground match (which have been consistently meh).

Thankfully the rest of the card was pretty damn good with the North American Title Triple Threat match stealing the show, then the NXT title match, then the Tag Title match and finally the Women's Title Match.

Kind of sad they DIDN'T pull the trigger on Jordynne beating Roxanne 'cause then you could have kept this going. Roxanne could have taken Jordynne up on her open challenge at the TNA PPV Against All Odds this Sunday and beat her for the Knockouts title, then end it with an actual title for title match but alas, that was always going to be unlikely. :maybe

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Duelist Kingdom really was just “make your shit up” thanks to the early style RPG-inspired mechanics the card game started as

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Duelist Kingdom really was just “make your shit up” thanks to the early style RPG-inspired mechanics the card game started as

I think it's closer to "whatever the plot needs it to be" as opposed to just making shit up, but yeah a lot of it is still some nonsense.
Kuriboh + Multiply anyone? :maybe

We needed Kaiba to come along to actually get some rules up in this bitch.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I think it's closer to "whatever the plot needs it to be" as opposed to just making shit up, but yeah a lot of it is still some nonsense.
Kuriboh + Multiply anyone? :maybe

We needed Kaiba to come along to actually get some rules up in this bitch.
Poor Blue-Eyes really was put through the wringer throughout Duelist Kingdom.

Besides the number of times it was destroyed, it was sealed into a jar and another made into a brainwashed Toon both by Pegasus, and you had both one and as well as Ultimate Dragon had their bodies graphically decayed to the point of melting.

Wondering if they’ll ever be made into a card like Red-Eyes damaged by Rocket Warrior was.

dexwufw-1c95d233-b321-427e-a6fc-9059b2c95595.png

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Kratos had a character arc in the first game, they just retconned it because the story was one and done in GoW1 but fans wanted more
This.. Kratos first game is solid it's already a full redemption shit for kratos the games after is basically removing his development.
It's the same problem with Cloud with FF7 and the sequels after where they keep reverting cloud to the emotional wreck he is before the end of ff7

:eksip

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Okay, I understand the issues with the Norse Games, with Ragnarok being quite the letdown

But I think we’re giving the Greek games a little too much credit here

This.. Kratos first game is solid it's already a full redemption shit for kratos the games after is basically removing his development.
It's the same problem with Cloud with FF7 and the sequels after where they keep reverting cloud to the emotional wreck he is before the end of ff7

:eksip
The first game by no means was a redemption arc for Kratos. Personality wise, Kratos doesn’t change at all and is still very much the sociopath he started out that’s only saving Athens from Ares for his own benefit.

The game ends with Kratos outright being denied the redemption he seeked for the murder of his family, something he doesn’t ever get over until III, and tries to commit suicide, only failing because the gods intervened and made him the new God of War

At most, you can argue Kratos rage towards the gods and his rampage that kickstarts 2 was unjustified.

And even that’s since been ironed out with Ascension and Ghost of Sparta explaining and showing just how throughly not just Ares, but most of the Olympians have directly fucked with Kratos’ life to make his revenge against the gods and further descent into outright depravity to accomplish it in 2 and 3 at least understandable.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
My whole thing with the Norse games: I’m fine with Kratos starting his redemption and becoming a better person. He was by no means redeemed by the end of III which was him sinking to his lowest point and ending with him just starting to make amends at the end after finally acknowledging this

His character portrayal in both 2018 and Ragnarok were fine and well handled. It’s the writing for the rest of the characters and the overall story of Ragnarok that fell flat for me

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

@Masterblack06 @Adamant soul @Cubey @DestinyDestroyer

Check out these reprints

Lancea, Georgius, and Mirror Mage all Secrets .

Ultra Reprints for Hexa, General Wayne, Frozen Chains, and Medallion? As well as Secret Rare Reprints for Icejade Ran and Gymir Aegirine?

My Ice Barrier is going to be pretty

:amazing

And then I’m reminded Baronne is banned

:catsad

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
People that wanted to play Ritual Beast, Sky Strikers, or Branded on a budget and DM nostalgia players in general in tathers with this card list and rarities

For Ritual Beast, no Elder reprint just had the price for the old man skyrocket. And the new Lara whose a 3 of in the deck is a Short Print Secret Rare. The fact that Ritual Beast is being hyped as the best deck in this set doesn’t help either for the player demand for her. And the waifu tax

Sky Strikers are missing a ton of support

And Branded just a waste of space. The cards being Reprinted are either already dirt cheap or in the same rarity they’re coming in here. And Konami didn’t have the decency to reprint the money cards like Sanctifire or Guiding Quem

Dragon Master Magia as ONLY Quarter Century Rare? RIP to DM nostalgia players, myself included

@Masterblack06 @Adamant soul @Cubey @DestinyDestroyer

Check out these reprints

Lancea, Georgius, and Mirror Mage all Secrets .

Ultra Reprints for Hexa, General Wayne, Frozen Chains, and Medallion? As well as Secret Rare Reprints for Icejade Ran and Gymir Aegirine?

My Ice Barrier is going to be pretty

:amazing

And then I’m reminded Baronne is banned

:catsad
The fact Dragon Magia Master is a QCR means it's gonna be pretty expensive

:sadpanda

Back