• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #50: outskirts nakama dome

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
@OtherGalaxy

Miquella is trying to fuck us in Shadow of the Erdtree. He wants us to be his consort. The thing is he now looks like Griffith, but blonde, and even girlier.

ive been following the leaks pretty intently and without spoiling anything for you, I promise you what's coming, nobody could have possibly expected. I've been in shock for the past three days :skully

this dlc is gonna change everything

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
yeah but even then martin just did the backstories, leaving miyazaki/from to handle how it's actually implemented. Even if this was always the intended character direction (which I find hard to believe given fucking nothing hints at this in the base game)...there's a lot of weird shit even playing it straight with how this is in the game.

Current bet is this is on the side of why "Kindly Miquella" is supposed to be terrifying, and this wasn't some fucked up but amicable love angle

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
like the more I rewatch it, the dialogue is almost too on the nose. like it's begging us to see something is obviously wrong or just not what we're being shown. Also the (very minor spoiler, I won't be saying who the boss is)
inclusion of Bloodflame and the Crucible Horns, this doesn't make any sense either. there's a ton about this final fight that seems to be telling us to keep digging, and I'm really curious what the actual lore is

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

gonna post this here too so everyone can get eyes on it

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
1a1f9b5b36f8016f3cbb14a46a1df383.png
TM6_Blackhair.jpg

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
yeah
I
I have no idea what the fuck is going on

Miyazaki is too good of a writer for there to not be some trick or other really insane context I'm missing. But seriously what the fuck
Kinda made me feel like not bothering with it, i will wait and see when the walkthroughs show up so i can decide if i wll play the DLC

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
$180 Million Dollar Budget, couldn't afford to see the Wookie Jedi fight and die on screen but we needed such riveting shit as Osha and the Jedi doing fuck of all and Mae being retarded...
And obvious twist villain making it even more obvious he's the "twist" villain.

Though it's not much better in the OTHER sci-fi series, with the "hero" directly causing a man's death by telling him to do something he knew was dangerous because he was too chickenshit to do it himself, and bringing back a classic villain (Sutekh) just to inevitably make a mockery of him I'm sure.

The fact it's legitimately hard to tell which show is worse, Acolyte or Doctor Queer is insane. :facepalm
Again, a single episode is over TEN TIMES Godzilla Minus One's budget.
Yeah seriously, WHAT did they blow that budget on?
Because it sure as fuck wasn't spent on the actual show.

Back