• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #8: Still New Year, Lets go full force for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FGcuTr_VcAAePMe

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

SpongeBob predicted K Pop ages ago

"predicted" More like Kpop itself is just the next in the line of Boy Band fads causing under aged(and over aged) girls to obsess over them. :hestonpls

Though Kpop is significantly more cringe than what's come before, as impossible as that thought was years ago.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

This shit is still hype as fuck to watch. :awesome

Like I've seen people say it made the final boss look weak but it's super impressive how much of the onslaught the Emperor actually does block or deflect before they finally start to overwhelm him. Then it isn't enough to hit the guy with ONE finishing move, they had to him with THREE (the last of which being a point blank hype beam through the chest) before he finally went down.

What a beast, doubt many other Sentai villains would have fared any better given what he was up against. :maybe

This shit is still hype as fuck to watch. :awesome

Like I've seen people say it made the final boss look weak but it's super impressive how much of the onslaught the Emperor actually does block or deflect before they finally start to overwhelm him. Then it isn't enough to hit the guy with ONE finishing move, they had to him with THREE (the last of which being a point blank hype beam through the chest) before he finally went down.

What a beast, doubt many other Sentai villains would have fared any better given what he was up against. :maybe

I feel like they are comparing them to some Power Ranger villains who end up actually stomping the heroes or ultimately lose to other deals like Sledge and Zed.
Not every villain needs to basically come off victorious and lose to other means, sometimes just requiring lots of offense to take down isn't so bad.

@TrueG 37 New MHA chapter:

Reading the spoiler thread in SB, it's absolutely sounding so damn stupid to be honest. We went through Star and Stripe depowering Shiggy... to suddenly Shiggy getting another powerup... again.

What the fuck was even the point?!

@Masterblack06 @The Hunter Rev is trying to stir up shit in the Humiliating arguments thread.

At this point, he's just becoming hilarious with how he's acting like what Kihara did(bypassing Base Accelerator's vectors) is somehow some extreme achievement only he could ever do... when how it comes off is just knowing where and how to bypass it and the means to do so... which many characters literally have the means to do and the foresight to do something similar.

Seriously as @Darth Nihilus said to me:
The fuck is with the love of Magical Index all of a sudden?

I'm honestly curious tho

Why are these strange series gaining notoriety

Before ToAru it was Negima

It's the same shit with One Punch Man and the like.
Darkened Garou and Platinum Sperm reached Relativistic/FTL speeds! OH SHIT SON, puts them in hundreds of VS. matches.
Or Saitama and Boros before it.
I guess it has to do with how "obvious" a series feats are and thus, it hits "Series of the Month" club to be used as a battering ram against other series.

Let's not forget Records of Ragnarok too and how it was used against everything, including Fate... which again, I'll go and get what someone in Reddit said:

I mean , Record of Ragnarok is way too tame when it comes to mysticism , as you have a Poseidon withou waterbending , Shiva without beams or mantras , Zeus without lightning and so on and on.
Even with your restraint , put Muramasa , Musashi , GARcher , Sasaki Kojirou , Arthur , Lancelot , Lu Bu , Li Shuwen and Georgios.
I mean , you know how the whole thing in RoR is relatively low-tier , when RoR Buddha's power....is just Berserker Lu Bu's...while RoR Sasaki's power is Fate Izou's.
:oldryoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back