OBD Convo #8: Still New Year, Lets go full force for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
One of the players (or jugadors) of the Game of Time known as Paul Minct. And a former Knight of Balance. If you count that as "royalty." As the Eternal Predator he has taken on many different guises.
So him retaining the "Prince" title as a servant of chaos is more a mockery than anything?

Seems pretty in toe with his relatively tragic character.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
So him retaining the "Prince" title as a servant of chaos is more a mockery than anything?

Seems pretty in toe with his relatively tragic character.
The tragedy lies in his hatred of himself. Which is why he is also deformed. His face looks like it got melted by acid. Some say it was Chaos. I think it's more relative to his corruption, and becoming distinct from the other Eternal Champions.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Some say it was Chaos. I think it's more relative to his corruption,
Wouldn't these go hand in hand though? As in chaos being what led to his corruption in the first place.

Or is the idea that most of everything that happened to him (deformed face and all) is self inflicted rather than Chaos inflicted?

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Wouldn't these go hand in hand though? As in chaos being what corrupted him in the first place.

Or is the idea that most of everything that happened to him (deformed face and all) is self inflicted rather than Chaos inflicted?
That's the implication because he's not actually a servant of Chaos, and wants to consign all of reality to limbo just like Stormbringer. That, or become The Cosmic Balance by destroying it.

He doesn't actually serve Chaos. He serves himself.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
That's the implication because he's not actually a servant of Chaos, and wants to consign all of reality to limbo just like Stormbringer. That, or become The Cosmic Balance by destroying it.

He doesn't actually serve Chaos. He serves himself.
I see.

Why does Gaynor and Elric's dichotomy remind me of Reed and Doom so much, possibly inspired? 🤔

Nah, the timelines wouldn't match up.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
EqxrHPXq_0507192341241gpadd.jpg

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
So IDW is losing the transformers comics license after this year, and Skybound who did Invincible is rumored to be picking it up

I'm pretty mixed on this news
The current "IDW2" Run, I've heard has been nothing but dull, and tbh I didn't even bother reading it because I had invested so much time and emotion into IDW1. But IDW1 was truly something special and produced some of my favorite comics of all time, and after a 13 year run they produced far more good than bad (Mike Costa's horrific run being the biggest outlier). I really just hope whoever gets Transformers in the future actually understands that at its core it has always been a series that is insane and over the top, and not just about "robots walking down hallways" as everyone says IDW2 is lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back