• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #8: Still New Year, Lets go full force for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It's either gonna be severely toned down compared with the original stuff either by the studio itself or if not, by the western distributors, i bet.

Even then, this shit will cause some keyboards to take a pounding.

Also, sad to see that anime is taking the hollywood route bringing back literally everything from the 80s and 90s.
Do we know if it will be televised or just shown online like Devilman Crybaby which was very explicit in sex and gore?

And considering how many good manga and material from the 80s and 90s never got good adaptations or any to be frank, I disagree with the last point. I would be glad for Bastard to get an adaptation that goes further than the OVA so long as it's good instead of crap like Berserk 2016.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
There's a Bastard revival on the way?

the new remake animu series, is canon

i know it will be toned and all, but still, if it is done well, the potential is high either way

prob

it will be adapt all of the manga, but the amount of episodes is unknown = that leads to speculations it might get the dai quest anime treatment in episodes = 50+ episodes

overall, only time will tell

Last edited:

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
I drew this one awhile back
FKmM9OuXsAgIKt2

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Mad im gonna have to wait till may but its fine :wow
If they bring back Mukai and Adelheid this roster will literally be perfect to me

there gonna be 4 team dlc's, so far, only team rock and team geese are out

which means that 6 chars remain to be posted

well

i guess those chars will be [in no order]

- kim
- mr karate ryo
- takuma
- shen woo
- adelheid (he would be a lit rival to rock, with the whole geese vs rugal legacy thing]
- gai tendo (yeah, it's time for the buriki one series to get re-introduced again, gai in kofxi as a guest char, isn't enough)

Last edited:

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
We still need a lot of people to move over here

yeah, we need more posters to join here, like keishin, accmaker, fep, ziggy, nakabafan93, zZzzneverlost, etc :mjlol

i'd rather have an obd forum with a limited amount of posters, who are good, rather than having 150+ members in the olf obd section, and becoming fanzverse complete edition

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
What made them come to that decision? It’s not like a Bastard!! revival was high in demand 🤔

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
What made them come to that decision? It’s not like a Bastard!! revival was high in demand 🤔

the anime genre is stagnant, it is filled with full of sjw and estrogen

it's good to see classic series getting a remake

cuz

with that trend, other series like darsh verse, which need to get this treatment as well are:

- getbackers
- sdk
- recca
- houshin engi
- saiyuki
- rave
- busou renkin
- gtonizuka

and many others

got the potential to get a remake too, enough with the isekai and pointless clone traced shonen series, smh

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I appreciate the promotion of the shows. That's the kind of thing that helps build community.

Speaking of, our two year anniversary episode is tomorrow. Big debuts, Hell in a Cell, Lina's first title defense, Vegeta's second title defense.
Feel free to shoot me a link of the schedule and that way I can designate one of our staff members to enable the notifications on the day of the shows. Anyone is free to VM me too and I can promote proudly :catsalute

yeah, we need more posters to join here, like keishin, accmaker, fep, ziggy, nakabafan93, zZzzneverlost, etc :mjlol

i'd rather have an obd forum with a limited amount of posters, who are good, rather than having 150+ members in the olf obd section, and becoming fanzverse complete edition

So would I. We do need more people, no doubt, but I'd rather we get new people that have interests outside of the OBD which can help keep us separated while still helping the site out.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

Fuck it, bring in Fusion while we're at it too. Bring this site's autism levels from a 2 to a 10 in no time. :russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back