• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #8: Still New Year, Lets go full force for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Prob Legendia fans

Last Tales I finished was Vesperia back when it came out. Not that I didn't like most of the new shit just didn't have the urge to finish them. Beseria I just never touched though heard to much shit about it. Arise combat is what got me to stick around this time and I'm glad I did

That and the story going full sci fi :skully

I tried Zestiria, didn't click with me despite the Armitization mechanics seeming fun. Also the story lost me pretty early on. Beseria I never bothered with because of it having Zestiria as luggage.

I think the last game I finished before Arise was actually Hearts R, though idk when that actually came out (I finished it between Beseria and Arise so it'd been around a while I think) Despite the Japanese only voices the story and combat were both pretty good. Shing/Kor was an idiot protagonist something fierce, but it was weirdly endearing in his case. Dude reminded me of Goku for some reason :skully

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Wait, were people shitting on the game? :whutpepe

It's the most fun I've had with a Tales title since Abyss, and Abyss is basically my favorite RPG of all time
every time I'd bring up something positive about the game (character writing, art direction, how good the combat felt) all I'd get is B-B-B--B-B-B--B-B-B--B-B UT IT'S NOT A TALES GAME IT DOESN'T HAVE AFTER COMBAT SKITS AND THERE'S NO GRADE SHOP IT LITERALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN MADE

every single time

got to the point where I just didn't want to play the game anymore

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
every time I'd bring up something positive about the game (character writing, art direction, how good the combat felt) all I'd get is B-B-B--B-B-B--B-B-B--B-B UT IT'S NOT A TALES GAME IT DOESN'T HAVE AFTER COMBAT SKITS AND THERE'S NO GRADE SHOP IT LITERALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN MADE

every single time

That sucks, man. :catsad

I missed some of that shit too but it was obvious why they were moving some of it around like that, and they added more than enough to make up for it.

Kinda makes me glad I never bothered to interact with the larger tales community, nothing'll kill interest in a franchise faster than finding out a bunch of people who also like the franchise are unapologetic assholes

every single time

That's why I avoid fanbases entirely...
Final Fantasy's fanbase is so cancerous, I usually only ever visit them to further shit on games I don't like and make fun of their retarded mentality.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
SPOILER_1644809006037.jpg

This time, the miracle project "Shin Japan Heroes Universe", in which four works of "Shin Godzilla", "Shin Evangelion Theatrical Version", "Shin Ultraman", and "Shin Kamen Rider" collaborate, will start. This project was launched by Toho, Color, Tsuburaya Productions, and Toei. From the connection of the work with the crown of "Shin" in which the rare creator Hideaki Anno participates, the dream collaboration of 4 "heroes" representing Japan has been realized beyond the boundaries of the company. First, as a startup, the main visual emblem of this project is completed. Maeda Maeda worked on the visuals, and Yutaka Izubuchi is in charge of the emblem, and two people who are deeply involved in each series will color the launch of this large-scale project. We are planning a wide range of future measures such as events and commercialization. We will keep you informed on this site. Please pay attention to the Shin era in 2022.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Sorry not actually convinced those exist and aren't a fever dream 🏃‍♂️

Was Legendia that bad? I played it several years ago and remember thinking it was okay aside from not being a fan of the 2d fighting. Also the second half of the game being voiceless was weird :mhm

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Wait

Was Legendia the one with STELLLLLAAAAAAA in it 🤔

Oh shit I remember now

The dude had an existential crisis over his dead girlfriend who wasn't dead but then actually was

And then the female lead had an existential crisis over the MC not immediately getting over said dead girlfriend who was also her sister

The entire third act was the two of them being really weird about their relationship and also humans are aliens and the fish people were salty and I just remembered why this is the only Tales game I finished that I never replayed :skully

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

I watched the trailer, and this is my honest reaction; I feel nothing towards it. Some of it looks very pretty, but so does everything that comes out these days. I feel Amazon want me to be either hyped or outraged (both of which would create more attention for the show), but all I feel is apathy. Nothing about this trailer made me care in either direction.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Sorry not actually convinced those exist and aren't a fever dream 🏃‍♂️

They exist unfortunately

Every time I ask my friend whether a Tales is worth buying I have to hear about how he loves what theyve done combat wise but wish they would try something like Legendia again

Was Legendia that bad? I played it several years ago and remember thinking it was okay aside from not being a fan of the 2d fighting. Also the second half of the game being voiceless was weird :mhm
Legit put me to sleep at times

Unfortunately there are people that justify the games existence because of Chloe smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back