• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #9: The Sith Never Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FL1yYpaWYAMZQ7L

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
rick roll GIF
When a YuGiOh game rick rolls you. :wow
At least the Yuma one had the decency to have the original Hope/Utopia in it (mostly because the deck is built around him so it wouldn't work at all if it didn't, therefore they had no choice).

This Kaito shit would be like making a Yugi starter deck and giving you every variant of Dark Magician EXCEPT the original. :maybe

But then, was the fight between Super 17 and SSJ 4 Goku really that bad though, aside from that Dragon Fist ending where base Goku blows through a hole in Super 17 (yes base Goku) because absorbing energy makes Super 17 vulnerable or something like that.

My issue with that "fight" was that Goku turned so absolutely stupid, he did nothing but constantly shoot Ki Blasts at Super 17 until he got strong enough to beat him... when that's something Goku ever did, even in DBS.
It's why I say that fight is the worst in Dragonball History but at this point, Granolah getting shot like that surpasses it because it's the same shit as Goku getting shot by Sorbet... but with even less reasoning of why that should have ever happened.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

I don't see how Isla looks any better than Shun'ei, design wise. They're about the same to me and it was clear Max didn't have an actual reason for saying she looks better because he just kind of flailed about and said it works just because.

Docking Kukri design points because you don't like his gameplay? Something you explicitly said you wouldn't do, fucking really Max.

Dolores loses points for her outfit being revealing and fanservicey but Mai, Shermie, Angel and Luong somehow don't. I mean Dolores isn't showing any more skin than them and frankly, she's way cooler looking than most of them IMO.

Dolores loses points for her outfit being revealing and fanservicey but Mai, Shermie, Angel and Luong somehow don't. I mean Dolores isn't showing any more skin than them and frankly, she's way cooler looking than most of them IMO.

It's really stupid because the design itself isn't even that bad.
It's actually blends really well together for who she is and what her status is at the same time.
Honestly Angel's and Mai's outfit should be docked so many points BECAUSE of how ridiculously fanservicey it is by that logic.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
and this is why I don't watch rating youtube.

:kannasip many times its just senseless and they use shit out of topic to deduct a point or shit.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It's really stupid because the design itself isn't even that bad.
It's actually blends really well together for who she is and what her status is at the same time.
I agree.

I like the gold and her tattoos, it reminds me of something from Bayonetta design wise.
Honestly Angel's and Mai's outfit should be docked so many points BECAUSE of how ridiculously fanservicey it is by that logic.
Mai's was apparently saved from his criticism because it's a "classic" design, though he still takes a cheap shot by being surprised that it "still hasn't changed at all even now".

Yeah that would be because SNK don't have a single fuck to give about Woke shit, that much is plainly evident. 🤣

I agree.

I like the gold and her tattoos, it reminds me of something from Bayonetta design wise.

It does. I even remember I got Bayonetta vibes when I first saw her. That speaks volumes for how well she's designed to invoke that same mystique, sexiness and badass at once.

Mai's was apparently saved from his criticism because it's a "classic" design, though he still takes a cheap shot by being surprised that it "still hasn't changed at all even now".

Yeah that would be because SNK don't have a single fuck to give about Woke shit, that much is plainly evident. 🤣

It's kinda hilarious that Max would say something like that and yet says nothing when it comes to Street Fighter when it's just as blatant and gotten even moreso since V...
At this point, I don't wanna even see him try it for Soul Calibur VI, it would just be a ridiculous clusterfuck.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It's kinda hilarious that Max would say something like that and yet says nothing when it comes to Street Fighter when it's just as blatant and gotten even moreso since V...
At this point, I don't wanna even see him try it for Soul Calibur VI, it would just be a ridiculous clusterfuck.
Yeah I just thought it was weird because he's never really complained about it before in his other stuff, then all of a sudden he's giving Dolores shit and saying "well it's not diamond bikini from DOA bad BUT". :rock

It's not even remotely in the same ballpark Max and you know it. Why the hell would you even bring it up?

And can we all just acknowledge the fact that specific DOA game is a spin-off where they are playing Beach fucking volleyball and that the main series (you know where they are actually fighting) was NEVER that bad, even before they toned it down. Fanservicey as fuck yeah but no more so than some other fighting games, they just had MORE female characters to show off than most fighting games.

Yeah I just thought it was weird because he's never really complained about it before in his other stuff, then all of a sudden he's giving Dolores shit and saying "well it's not diamond bikini from DOA bad BUT". :rock

It's not even remotely in the same ballpark Max and you know it. And can we all just acknowledge the fact that specific DOA game is a spin-off where they are playing Beach fucking volleyball and that the main series (you know where they are actually fighting) was NEVER that bad, even before they toned it down. Fanservicey as fuck yeah but no more so than some other fighting games, they just had MORE female characters to show off than most fighting games.

Basically and I seriously hate when they try and put DOA as the crutch of "look at how tastelessly fanservice these outfits are" when that shit is spinoff only(and even at DOA5LR, was DLC only) when Ivy's outfit in the Soul Calibur series was virtually exactly that, especially with Soul Calibur VI.

And yeah, that makes it SOOO much better to suddenly swing that way when you consistently stan Street Fighter and what outfit is Chun-Li consistently put in again?

And whose the one who designed her the Nicki Minaj costume again? OH RIGHT!

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
The funny thing about Super 17 vs Goku is how inconsistent with how he was beaten. The dude was legit clowning and dominating SS4 Goku in the same way SS4 Goku had done it to Super Baby 2 Vegeta. Hell Goku was humilating Baby-Vegeta even AFTER he massively powered up and transformed into a Golden Great Ape and that same Goku was getting ragdolled by Super 17 like a red-headed step-child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back