• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #9: The Sith Never Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
No, I actually DO understand what Max means when he goes on his "anime" diatribes:
He basically doesn't like anything that fits into the "typical" Japanese anime stereotypes of any kind.
Which is ironic as fuck as he stans the fuck out of Japanese Fighting Games which still have the exact same Japanese Anime Stereotypes but it's just not as "anime".
And if it's just the design, why not say so? Like no one is gonna bitch at you for not liking Kula's design or Type Lumina designs but retreating into "anime" just looks stupid.
Even WITHIN KOF he seems to go back and forth.

He thinks Benimaru is the best he's ever looked in this game and he's absolutely anime as fuck. So is Kyo and Iori who he also really likes and let's not forget ROCK FUCKING HOWARD being his favorite character in this franchise, with him specifically praising the JOJO POSES he does in his supers.

It's a baffling case of double standards.

Even WITHIN KOF he seems to go back and forth.

He thinks Benimaru is the best he's ever looked in this game and he's absolutely anime as fuck. So is Kyo and Iori who he also really likes and let's not forget ROCK FUCKING HOWARD being his favorite character in this franchise, with him specifically praising the JOJO POSES he does in his supers.

It's a baffling case of double standards.

Yeah, it's one of those main reasons why I hate Street Fighter stans so much. They try these ridiculous standards to pretend their game "isn't anime" when they are as anime as the very animation they condemn. And yes, it's the same with JoJo stans who refuse to be like "I don't like anime. But you like JoJo? That's not anime because there's no fanservice in it! ???"

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Mj9udrX.jpeg

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
The funny thing about Super 17 vs Goku is how inconsistent with how he was beaten. The dude was legit clowning and dominating SS4 Goku in the same way SS4 Goku had done it to Super Baby 2 Vegeta. Hell Goku was humilating Baby-Vegeta even AFTER he massively powered up and transformed into a Golden Great Ape and that same Goku was getting ragdolled by Super 17 like a red-headed step-child.
It’s still puzzling they wrote the S17 fight that way

it wouldn’t even be that bad if they just had SSJ4 Goku dominate S17 in HtH at first, then Goku finishes him with the 10x Kamehameha, only for S17 to absorb it for the “oh shit, he can do that!” moment

hell, I don’t even have a problem with the way he was beaten conceptually, just have SSJ4 Goku do it instead of fucking Base Goku

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
My issue with that "fight" was that Goku turned so absolutely stupid, he did nothing but constantly shoot Ki Blasts at Super 17 until he got strong enough to beat him... when that's something Goku ever did, even in DBS.

Yakon

And yeah, that makes it SOOO much better to suddenly swing that way when you consistently stan Street Fighter and what outfit is Chun-Li consistently put in again?

And whose the one who designed her the Nicki Minaj costume again? OH RIGHT!
Dunno which outfit you linked, but as someone who mained Chun for a while her most popular costumes areNostalgia, Story, The CPT one and Default color 12

Occasionally you'll run into someone using the other costumes but thats it. So I can assure you if by Nicki Minaj you mean B-Girl

no one uses that outfit. Outside of weirdoes

Yakon was ridiculously stupid but it was stupid in the sense the dumbass didn't know his limits while Goku did. And Goku didn't constantly throw Ki Blasts at Yakon, he just sucked up his overall Ki.

Dunno which outfit you linked, but as someone who mained Chun for a while her most popular costumes areNostalgia, Story, The CPT one and Default color 12

Occasionally you'll run into someone using the other costumes but thats it. So I can assure you if by Nicki Minaj you mean B-Girl

no one uses that outfit. Outside of weirdoes

I linked her mainline costumes in general but primarily her Black Outfit Dress, you know the one. And yeah, because people don't select it, doesn't mean it didn't have it's fair share of fans either.
And it's hilariously the same deal with DOA, most people only select the Base or certain outfits that had oomph to it and not even in the ridiculously crass way.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yakon was ridiculously stupid but it was stupid in the sense the dumbass didn't know his limits while Goku did. And Goku didn't constantly throw Ki Blasts at Yakon, he just sucked up his overall Ki.
How would Goku have known his limits?

He finds out the guy can eat energy and just decides to chuck as much at him as he can

It's not much different than him just chucking Ki blasts at 17 i.e. Goku is retarded. News at 11

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Considering everyone else who came before him? And the fact that you can sense suppressed Ki? Those do still exist.
Like who? Yakon was the first energy vampire Goku ever fought

Suppressed Ki wouldn't indicate what Yakon's limit of absorption was. It was literally something Goku did because he could and it ended up working out for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back