• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo Thread #1 - A New Hope -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Is that what happened to the Huns
The Huns were legitimately a meme tier threat tbh

Great warriors, fierce, and incredibly violent and later worked as mercenaries for the Persians and Romans but their steppe confederacy's size and their duration were so short so with Attila's death, they stopped being a major power on their own; I always felt people have over-stated and over-rated their impact in history

Sigismund

The Huns were legitimately a meme tier threat tbh

Great warriors, fierce, and incredibly violent and later worked as mercenaries for the Persians and Romans but their steppe confederacy's size and their duration were so short so with Attila's death, they stopped being a major power on their own; I always felt people have over-stated and over-rated their impact in history
I mean they did bring an end to the Islamic civilizations in the area, which very much influenced how Islamic and Christian relations would play out for the next couple hundred years.

Also slaughtering millions of people at a time when the total population of earth was still far far below a billion tends to leave ripples.

They didn't exist for more than a couple generations, and really only with Gengis as a global power, but they did have a massive influence if purely because several powerful places on the map simply ceased to exist after they meet the mongols

Is that what happened to the Huns

Yes, yes indeed.

FA8woLhVQAEHW4m

FA8woluVIAEz8gA

:oldryoma :oldryoma :oldryoma

I mean they did bring an end to the Islamic civilizations in the area, which very much influenced how Islamic and Christian relations would play out for the next couple hundred years.

Also slaughtering millions of people at a time when the total population of earth was still far far below a billion tends to leave ripples.

They didn't exist for more than a couple generations, and really only with Gengis as a global power, but they did have a massive influence if purely because several powerful places on the map simply ceased to exist after they meet the mongols

The Comanche can make the same claim but I would argue their achievements are even more remarkable and about as brutal.

Fighting 2 superpowers and 3 regional powers simultaneously and necessitating a nearly modern army dedicating 40 years to taking you down and all the while you're largely responsible for the advent of a great many military tactics because your horse maneuvers turned out to be applicable to tanks.

Empire of the Silver/Summer Moon indeed.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
When I worked at burger king we had a dude come in and ask for a Cheeseburger but the Cheese had to be individually wrapped and put to the side and I was like
1478144124338.jpg
One time we had someone ask for salmon

No salt, No butter, no Pepper because he was allergic to all 3 and I'm like why tf you even out eating.

The other cursed order was a fucking skirt steak extra well done with one the sweet sauces we served and cut into strips.

Most cursed shit I've seen ordered is some medium rare chicken because the customer liked his chicken under, and that was a big fucking yikes from me

Sigismund

No salt, No butter, no Pepper because he was allergic to all 3 and I'm like why tf you even out eating.

The other cursed order was a fucking skirt steak extra well done with one the sweet sauces we served and cut into strips.

Most cursed shit I've seen ordered is some medium rare chicken because the customer liked his chicken under, and that was a big fucking yikes from me
>Medium Rare Chicken

L6vFqjL.jpg

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member

That's nothing. My parents used to own a pizzeria, and there was this person that tried to order a pizza with honey instead of tomato sauce. Every week. Completely serious. It wasn't a prank call. The guy just walked in, and asked for it. Before getting into an argument with the cashier. About how we were infringing on his rights or something. Another time he asked for chocolate kisses instead of something normal like pepperoni. The guy acted like we were a bakery, and not a pizzeria.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Like that shit would fucking melt, bro. It's chocolate.

I miss that place though. It's been more than a decade since I've been there, and we sold it to a couple of Ukrainians. My mother always used to make me either bacon chicken ranch pizza or some pepperoni and banana pepper pizza.

Good times.

Sigismund

That's nothing. My parents used to own a pizzeria, and there was this person that tried to order a pizza with honey instead of tomato sauce. Every week. Completely serious. It wasn't a prank call. The guy just walked in, and asked for it. Before getting into an argument with the cashier. About how we were infringing on his rights or something. Another time he asked for chocolate kisses instead of something normal like pepperoni. The guy acted like we were a bakery, and not a pizzeria.
Did you all even have honey at a Pizzeria?

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Like that shit would fucking melt, bro. It's chocolate.

I miss that place though. It's been more than a decade since I've been there, and we sold it to a couple of Ukrainians. My mother always used to make me either bacon chicken ranch pizza or some pepperoni and banana pepper pizza.

Good times.
Bruh we had someone ask for seafood stew but swap the stock for Alfredo sauce and the noodles the stew came with for rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back