• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo Thread #6: The One Above All

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Eh fuck it I'll address the rest of this shit as well.

The point of the "sexual harassment in the industry" scene is to establish Chloe as a "no means no" type of character who refuses to "bend the knee" This isn't a manga about ACTING. It's about an ACTRESS who discovers she has powerful spiritual abilities and decides to switch professions. No shit it doesn't linger on that point, the manga isn't about that.

Also possession as a concept, is to take control of another person's body against their will (usually). Of course there's going to be a "rapey" connotation to it.

What kind of comedic taste? Kai's declaration that he's a lolicon is met with scorn from even the evil spirits.
0001-030.png
And disturbs even Chloe herself. It's never treated as a good or humorous thing. It's a character flaw, Chloe even says "What a waste of a handsome guy" in response to learning it so.
0001-032.png

They're there to establish character traits for both our main characters here, in Kai's case a character flaw.

Aside from Chloe acknowledging that Noel's attractive on occasion, there's no sort of romantic interest on Noel's end. Given he's you know, A CAT, (not a cat-like human, an actual cat) this makes sense. He sees her more as his master/owner than anything else and just wants her to take care of him so he live the "lazy cat life".
0002-064.png
0002-065.png
This isn't a harem manga, Kai is really the ONLY character who seems to have genuine romantic interest in Chloe and it's pretty clear Chloe/Kai is the only pairing really being developed here.

Whereas in Rosario ALL the girls clearly wanted to fuck Tsukune, that's a harem manga.
damn wish the dude could see how you are destroying his shit, here.

:kannasip

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
If we did Ragnarok on New Year's Eve, would you join us? Personally, I dislike NYE anyway. It's amateur night.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
@Vespa Crabro @Uoruk

truly one of the best final boss fights of the past years, you fight zenos at the end of the universe, in a vast dimension, lightyears across space/time and all

bruh

and

it's an ace 1vs1 fight

and that ost too, lit

I beat him as samurai it felt satisfying since he dropped swords to become a reaper :skully

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
@Vespa Crabro @Uoruk

truly one of the best final boss fights of the past years, you fight zenos at the end of the universe, in a vast dimension, lightyears across space/time and all

bruh

and

it's an ace 1vs1 fight

and that ost too, lit

Yup

He shows up as Shinryu before this and helps you fight the Endsinger, then 1v1's you afterwards :skully

If he kills you with a mechanic he just hypebeasts you to get up
"NOT YET, RISE! RISE AGAIN LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO!"

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
@Vespa Crabro @Uoruk

bruh

and

it's an ace 1vs1 fight

and that ost too, lit

Been avoiding EW spoilers like the plague. Could have been finished but some of my friends wanna finish it together and theyre taking their sweet ass fucking time catching up :catflip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back