• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Ranked One Piece Thriller Bark Mafia

Magic

Resplendent
I wanted to get him to open up and give some reads and interact with people because he is very transparent to me when he does that. It is how I tied him and Odo together last time in Xmas mafia, so encouraging him and getting him to talk when he had little time alive was going to be my way. I am aware it possibly looked a bit scummy, but I’m aware my time is borrowed so wanted a good chance of a better solve since there was the info on him.

I thought Lethal was town, but I didn’t think the info on Luka had a non-zero chance of being wrong either as it was mech based and I’m not terribly certain of the mech on this site. I also thought Luka was town based on play in the phase prior to the info as you will see below and even AFTER the info, I wasn’t exactly convinced.

This is why I thought he was town, PRIOR to the info

This is me later still having pause on him AFTER the info - it was my last post in the phase. Nothing really screamed scum to me. Possibly could have been more bullish but I’d not read a ton of the game and was in a sus slot.
why havent you made much effort in making any town reads?

the luka stuff wasn't mech based really. he essentially didn't counter on time and despite lethal having already fucked up his results in the beginning of the phase was believed over him.

Magic

Resplendent
I’m fairly happy he’s town tbh
should maybe consider the basic point that as town tweet would probably think a negative utility role like rolecrush would be more likely as a scum role than a town one and yet when going back and forth with polar he concluded with the idea with implication it would be claimed down the line(aka by a town player that would just claim their real role).

Magic

Resplendent
CP was sussing Tweet shortly before his death which is also interesting, had some interesting points.
no he wasn't. he said he might be faking being role crushed. he was positive lethal was scum which is why he was killed.

something no one took stock of when weighing up luka/lethal as well, but alas that is hindsight and of course why bother considering why people might have been killed.

Rugrat

Caldust
why havent you made much effort in making any town reads?

the luka stuff wasn't mech based really. he essentially didn't counter on time and despite lethal having already fucked up his results in the beginning of the phase was believed over him.
the Luka lynch was info. That’s indubitable really. He was claiming to have visited a player and as that didn’t reconcile with the info he was lynched.

As for my lack of town reads. I’ve had little time and my play style works best with flips and PoE - we’ve only had an inactive player and a traitor flip. I wasn’t cast iron sure Lethal was going to flip scum either fwiw and as you saw me write in the thread, I wasn’t going to be too bullish on determining the alignment on a mech based lynch early.

In addition for my lack of town reads, I’ve got little experience with rolecrushes for instance so can’t set up spec - nor can I go through previous Melkor games either.

Rugrat

Caldust
Tweet's thread positioning feels a bit rigid? The GP and Polar reads feel a bit out of date and haven't seen him reinforce either recently
This was the post that led me to questions actually Magic. I thought some of his points on me were poor fwiw. He claimed because I entioned Flower’s case on me was poor that I was suggesting I be auto-confirmed. It seems a bit hackneyed
no he wasn't. he said he might be faking being role crushed. he was positive lethal was scum which is why he was killed.

something no one took stock of when weighing up luka/lethal as well, but alas that is hindsight and of course why bother considering why people might have been killed.

Magic

Resplendent
the Luka lynch was info. That’s indubitable really. He was claiming to have visited a player and as that didn’t reconcile with the info he was lynched.

As for my lack of town reads. I’ve had little time and my play style works best with flips and PoE - we’ve only had an inactive player and a traitor flip. I wasn’t cast iron sure Lethal was going to flip scum either fwiw and as you saw me write in the thread, I wasn’t going to be too bullish on determining the alignment on a mech based lynch early.

In addition for my lack of town reads, I’ve got little experience with rolecrushes for instance so can’t set up spec - nor can I go through previous Melkor games either.
if luka claimed "i visited magic" and lethal came in and said "i have results saying you didn't" then that's info. luka came in afterwards and said "i targeted magic", which contradicted what lethal was saying. really he basically counterclaimed lethal but didnt realize it himself which made him look like shit to everyone.

these seem like poor excuses not to town read people tbh when that is still your bread and butter you stick to it more than i do.

Rugrat

Caldust
if luka claimed "i visited magic" and lethal came in and said "i have results saying you didn't" then that's info. luka came in afterwards and said "i targeted magic", which contradicted what lethal was saying. really he basically counterclaimed lethal but didnt realize it himself which made him look like shit to everyone.

these seem like poor excuses not to town read people tbh when that is still your bread and butter you stick to it more than i do.
This is a waste of time

I made 300-400 posts defending myself from pressure in Xmas Mafia and you believed I bussed my entire time and crowbarred me into your solve.

We aren’t going to agree here so I’m going to leave things here.

Magic

Resplendent
This is a waste of time

I made 300-400 posts defending myself from pressure in Xmas Mafia and you believed I bussed my entire time and crowbarred me into your solve.

We aren’t going to agree here so I’m going to leave things here.
That's smart. You should make a proper poe imo

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
I don't think I'm too willing to go back and examine peoples reads on Lethal to see who's sus from it, because he was firmly within his town meta. Pretty impressed with his performance on that front this game.

Magic

Resplendent
"Let's see if someone claims the rolecrush on me" looks to you like I'm saying it's impossible that scum rolecrushed me?

If so, I can't help you
It looks like you're anticipating it.

If you get roleblocked you don't anticipate someone coming forward claiming that you were roleblocked because it's inherently a scum role.

Back